Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Match Thread: Barnsley vs Charlton Athletic | Saturday 24th September 2022 - 3pm

Comments

• 2 nil
    I feel like Federer.
  • I much preferred the yo yoing years where we were going between the champ and league one. At least then you are either fighting to survive, or fighting to go up. 

This mid level mediocrity is just so unbelievably dull. It's not even October and the season feels like its over. 
  • Another year in L1 for us probably. 
  • We concede so many goals from sides just passing it across our box
  • Huskaris said:
    I much preferred the yo yoing years where we were going between the champ and league one. At least then you are either fighting to survive, or fighting to go up. 

This mid level mediocrity is just so unbelievably dull. It's not even October and the season feels like its over. 
    could be fighting for survival at league 1 at this rate
    If we are lucky...
  • Garnerball…😂😂,working really well with div2 players & no fuckers that can shoot on target…abso shower of shite
  • sam3110 said:
    Lol can't wait for the local derbies next season against Leyton Orient, AFC Wimbledon and Gillingham in league fucking 2
    Orient will pass us. They're going up this season. 
  • Sponsored links:

• We come down the left but the cross evades everyone, then cross from the right into the box, Stockley goess down and the ref isn;t interested, but a Barnsley defender goes down late and is now getting attention from the trainer.
  • So can’t defend and can’t score
  • Can't defend Stockley after this. He is fucking shit. 
  • Still, good result for the SOV and SOS tables
  • The Charlton fans thought their season was all over.

It is now.
    Probably?
  • We really haven’t played badly, we’ve created all the best openings, and we’re losing two nil from the only two shots on target in the match.
  • Unfortunately this season I have become so disinterested with the club it’s almost no longer relevant to me. Such a shame how this club has become (in my opinion) a shambles and a non club anymore.
  • Genuinely had enough of this season already…

Sandgaard hasn’t got a clue, garner just not the right choice on a ‘Whole game/team’ view point, and the team is abysmal!

another clear out needed next summer 
  • Huskaris said:
    I much preferred the yo yoing years where we were going between the champ and league one. At least then you are either fighting to survive, or fighting to go up. 

Given that we seem incapable of scoring more than one goal per game, and completely unable to keep a clean sheet, you might get your fighting to survive wish this season!
  • Sponsored links:

• We have a throw now the Barnsley player is back on, and give the ball back to their keeper. Commentators joke it;s our first shot on target.
  • I don't know about anybody else, but I am beginning to worry about where the goals are going to come from this season.
  • cabbles said:
    Still, good result for the SOV and SOS tables
    And the RSVP, VSOP and RIP ones.
  • I still feel confident we may beat their Xg score 
  • A team playing fairly well, but leaking goals and not scoring either is in classic "too good to go down" territory...

• Down to 16th in this shite league while The Valley is full to the rafters with YouTubeers.

What a time to be alive 
  • Fraser and CBT off, Leaburn and Kirk on.
  • How down the other end Barnsley have a shot from the corner of the area which is about as good as most of our previous efforts.
  • 4-4-2 now.

Not sure I’d be keeping Morgan on over Fraser. 
  • Absolutely awful goal. No one seemed bothered. If we want to play possession football, great, but we haven't had a vast majority of the ball in this game. If we want to press, great, but we aren't winning the ball high up the pitch. 

Beyond that, you have to defend in your own third and we just couldn't be arsed to do that there. 
This discussion has been closed.

Roland Out Forever!