Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Match Thread: Barnsley vs Charlton Athletic | Saturday 24th September 2022 - 3pm

Comments

• edited September 2022
    HT 1-0..Keep this up in the second half and we know what will happen,..2-0, we need some half time inspirational ideas in the half time talk..Barnsley are there for the taking, we have created far better chances, still feel we will get back into this..
  • Watching these corners is a good reminder of how nerve wracking it was last season watching Macca under the high ball.
  • Jonniesta said:
    Morgan adds nothing here. Bring on Miles, play 2 up front, give our danger men something to hit. 
    Our midfield would be swamped if you had just Dobson and Fraser there, as CBT and JRS don't offer much defensively 
    Unsurprisingly I disagree. Get the right two competitive CM's and attack via the wings. We have the full backs to overlap. 
  • Well that was utter wank…
  • Same old same old.

We can't score and we can't keep a clean sheet. 
    Not a good combination. 
  • McG gets a hand to that one, and it comes out for another Barnsley shot which goes wide and that's half time.
  • If it weren't for that wonder goal I'd be quite optimistic.

• Well Brownie's going to be off on one after that half, isn't he?
  • Jonniesta said:
    Jonniesta said:
    Morgan adds nothing here. Bring on Miles, play 2 up front, give our danger men something to hit. 
    Our midfield would be swamped if you had just Dobson and Fraser there, as CBT and JRS don't offer much defensively 
    Unsurprisingly I disagree. Get the right two competitive CM's and attack via the wings. We have the full backs to overlap. 
    I don't think Fraser is suited to that, and I'm not sure Dobbo is mobile enough for that. If you want two in midfield, I think Albie has to be one of them. 
  • edited September 2022
    HT stats

Possession 49-51
    Shots 3-7
    Shots In The Area 0-5
    Shots On Target 1-0
    Goals 1-0
    Corners 4-4
  • Sponsored links:

• That might be close to the best forty five minutes we've played. Clearly needing a finish but I understand TS  was merely a bystander when the transfer window was open. 
  • A week of shooting practice. Just basic shooting on target and keeping the ball down.
  • Would anyone like me to play some guitar for half time entertainment?
  • Weird half
    we seem on top, but just can’t produce anything had decent in the last 3rd! Shooting is awful!

swap Fraser for payne and give it a go! 
  • We cannot shoot on target, no composure in front of goal. Same old problem
  • edited September 2022
    SDAddick said:
    Stockley has had a couple of good touches today, he's brought it down and played it out wide quickly, which is good.

But man, the rest of the time he's just a passenger. I know it's not his fault that our system doesn't suit him. But even when he's given aerial duals he just doesn't him them often enough. 
    I think we give that too much emphasis. It’s a game of football, and you have to grab it by the scuff of its neck, whatever the system. 
  • Our poor finishing the issue as usual.
  • aliwibble said:
    Well Brownie's going to be off on one after that half, isn't he?
    I'm taking the dogs out, he's going to be fucking insufferable.
  • Same old same old.

Not a good combination. 
    Its been this way for the last couple of years imo, need so many chances to score 1. So frustrating
  • Same old same old.

Not a good combination. 
    I suppose at least we are getting into positions where we are creating decent opportunities and are just not being overrun by the opposition - which we have seen all to much of in recent years.

Problem is we never make those periods of dominance pay because as mentioned we are not clinical enough. 
  • Sponsored links:

• Hello cow's arse, meet Mr Banjo.
  • HT stats

Possession 49-51
    Shots 3-7
    Shots In The Area 0-5
    Shots On Target 1-0
    Goals 1-0
    Corners 4-4
    So grim to work a space for 5 decent shots in the area and basically hit the stadium roof with all of them. 
  • Albie does not come across well in the replays for that goal…
  • Sidemen game is 4-3 at half time.
    Stick the guitar 
    Stick the guitar
    Stick the guitar Up your arse
  • HT stats

Possession 49-51
    Shots 3-7
    Shots In The Area 0-5
    Shots On Target 1-0
    Goals 1-0
    Corners 4-4
    So grim to work a space for 5 decent shots in the area and basically hit the stadium roof with all of them. 
    Terrible stats really. Our shooting is horrendous. 
  • Albie does not come across well in the replays for that goal…
    I honestly can’t believe he still plays for this football club, let alone starts in the first XI

• Pretty drab. 

Couldn't tell the sides apart for the first 25, no real quality anywhere, they're only 1 up because it was a bit of worldly, we're only 1 down because our finishing continues to worsen game by game. 
    We got in behind a few times, couldn't do anything with it.
    They pressed us up high and couldn't do much of anything with it.

Got better towards the end at least, continue like that into the second half and we might get a shot on target, possibly even one of those goal things. 

This discussion has been closed.

Roland Out Forever!