Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Match Thread: Barnsley vs Charlton Athletic | Saturday 24th September 2022 - 3pm

Comments

• Leuth said:
    So we are the better team! Good to hear

Woke up a bit the last 10 minutes. We've kicked the ball over the bar 3 or 4 more times than them. 
  • Cafc43v3r said:
    SDAddick said:
    sammy391 said:
    Do we practice shooting, or are we trying to play rugby conversions! 
    Terrible
    Conversions! That's the word, I couldn't think of it. Are they also called "tries?" 
    Tries like a touch down, when you actually have to touch it down.
    Got it, thanks! See, we're learning things! We're not scoring goals, but we're doing cultural exchanges!
  • Barnsley will show us how to hit the target in the second half 
  • From the throw, we cause a bit of scramble in the defence which ends up with someone going over the hoardings and we get a corner.
  • SDAddick said:
    Rak-Sakyi is too good for us 
    I know but please, please stop saying it in case someone from Palace watches this board. 
    I like the idea that their scouts don't bother watching the games to see his progress. They just rely on the match thread and @lancashire lad's stat bank.

Keep up the good work guys
  • Corner comes to nothing and Fraser and Lavelle have to do some good work to prevent a Barnsley break.
  • Rak-Sakyi is too good for us 
    Back sack and cracki  would be to good for us.
  • Now we have to respond with an equally good strike.
    I'd be happy with a shit one off someones butt
  • Nice ball from Dobbo to Fraser, plays CBT in. JRS has to do very well to control the cross, but a defender charges the ball down for a throw.
  • SDAddick said:
    Rak-Sakyi is too good for us 
    I know but please, please stop saying it in case someone from Palace watches this board. 
    I like the idea that their scouts don't bother watching the games to see his progress. They just rely on the match thread and @lancashire lad's stat bank.

Keep up the good work guys
    Look, we've all done the thing where we pretend to read the book but just skim the Wikipedia instead. 
  • Sponsored links:

• Morgan adds nothing here. Bring on Miles, play 2 up front, give our danger men something to hit. 
  • A Golfie on the cards perhaps....?
    Please consign that self-promoting expression to the dustbin. It's well past its sell-by-date.
    I will do when we start winning games after conceding first. 

And btw, I didnt coin the phrase. I simply pointed out the fact we hardly ever do. It's about 1 in 60 games now. 

Try calling it a 'comeback'. Then it's not about you.

A comeback can mean all sorts of things. Losing 2-0 with 10 to go & scrape a draw being 1 of them. Getting a draw at Bolton after letting in the first goal is another.

My "beef" was the fact that if we concede first then we don't comeback (your phrase) to WIN 

Bit last time a mention it today. 

I'm not interested in how you define the phrase. My 'beef' is that you use it. Anyway, back to the game...
  • Great clearance from Mac, coming way outside his area to clear a one on one chance
  • Erk. O'Connell has a ropey touch on the edge of the centre circle and Barnsley break, McG has to charge some way out of his area to hoof clear, but Stockley gets penalised for a tussle with Cundy (unfairly according to Shirtliff)
  • Jonniesta said:
    Morgan adds nothing here. Bring on Miles, play 2 up front, give our danger men something to hit. 
    Tbf, he's started closing down a lot more now so we're winning in the midfield more 
  • Great ball from Dobbo to Egbo, bit of a dodgy pass from him to Morgan who recovers well to get the ball into the area but we can't do anything with it.
  • Jonniesta said:
    Morgan adds nothing here. Bring on Miles, play 2 up front, give our danger men something to hit. 
    Jonniesta said:
    They could try actually hitting that thing with the net attached to it.

• Jonniesta said:
    Our midfield would be swamped if you had just Dobson and Fraser there, as CBT and JRS don't offer much defensively 
  • Soooo frustrating. Been the better team again but zero quality in the final third.
  • 2 mins added time.
  • Sponsored links:

• I don't think we have played well but we definitely don't deserve to be losing :smile:
  • Morgan concedes a free kick on the edge of the centre circle, which is taken quickly and we're under a bit of pressure.
  • Jonniesta said:
    Tbf, he's started closing down a lot more now so we're winning in the midfield more 
    Agreed, he's grown into the game and has started hunting the ball down. We've grown into the game in midfield, we just can't hit the target, and some of our balls into the box have been wayward. 
  • Rak-Sakyi is too good for us 
    No end product though is there, he clearly has skill and talent but he is not scoring nor creating assists. 
  • Cross from our left, and the ball deflects off O'Connell for a Barnsley corner.
  • Uffff thought that was in then. Probably a goal line clearance there from O'Connell 
  • Don't do that!
  • MacStuckOnHisLine almost makes it two nil. O’Connell spares his blushes.
  • So in summary...

we look good in possession but can't shoot or score.

They look very average but we let them score. 
  • McG misses the ball, and O'Connell has to clear off the line for another corner from the other side.
This discussion has been closed.

Roland Out Forever!