Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Match Thread: Barnsley vs Charlton Athletic | Saturday 24th September 2022 - 3pm

Comments

• Options
    Hit the fucking target!!!!
  • Options
    Our shooting is appalling 
  • Options
    Oooh! Morgan tries to play CBT in, gets a bit lucky with a slip from the defender, CBT cuts in but shoots over when possibly he should have crossed to Stockley.
  • Options
    Do our shots ever hit the target?
  • Options
    sammy391 said:
    Morgan and Fraser just not in it…
    would like to see Clare and Dobson in midfield when sessegnon is back properly
    Clare didn't look particularly good in possession under Adkins. I don't think he suits a Garner midfield at all. 

I think McGrandles is supposed to provide more steel in there, but he has looked absolutely lost thus far, with the important caveat that he hasn't played much and has had a broken hand and a concussion already this season. 
  • Options
    Live commentary on BBC Radio London. Who's the geordie co-commentator, I'm assuming it's Clive Mendonca?
  • Options
    How’s anyone blaming the goal on Mac. Midfield nowhere and unstoppable strike 
  • Options
    I'm on a train in Ireland. Are we the better team or not? Seems completely unclear from the comments 
  • Options
    We're creating a few openings which are not being exploited, Barnsley are playing like the away side picking up on our mistakes and breaking, can see some promise that we can get back into this, just tighten up the midfield a bit..
  • Options
    CBT plays forward towards JRS and their keeper has to come charging out of his area to volley it away.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Leuth said:
    I'm on a train in Ireland. Are we the better team or not? Seems completely unclear from the comments 

Equally shite
  • Options
    Another great chance 
  • Options
    Now down the other end, some concerted pressure from Barnsley but we eventually get it away.
  • Options
    Ohhh absolute ball from Albie, great control from JRS. JRS maybe should have squared but he was closed down so quickly.

We're really growing into this game. 
  • Options
    A Golfie on the cards perhaps....?
    Please consign that self-promoting expression to the dustbin. It's well past its sell-by-date.
    I will do when we start winning games after conceding first. 

And btw, I didnt coin the phrase. I simply pointed out the fact we hardly ever do. It's about 1 in 60 games now. 

Try calling it a 'comeback'. Then it's not about you.

• Options
    Unlucky there
  • Options
    Oooh, promising from JRS and the keeper charges out to clear, and we have a corner.
  • Options
    Clare used all of his shooting with that one goal. He has not shooting left. Only clearances. 
  • Options
    But the stats say...
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    We are dominating but can’t hit the target atm.
  • Options
    Good block from their defender there otherwise JRS would have scored. 
  • Options
    Clare has had his long shot worldie for the season 

As shown by that even worse second effort...
  • Options
    Oh dear oh dear oh dear. Corner flicked on to Morgan he passes back to Clare, whose shot is more up than forward and goes out for a goal kick.
  • Options
    edited September 2022
    ..."Clares shot almost made the M1",, great line from commentary... :D
  • Options
    Christ do we train, surely if every shot in training ends up in next doors garden we work on it.  Every one of them is shit…..
  • Options
    We are dominating but can’t hit the target atm.
    We're dominating?!?!?!?
  • Options
    Compare with Morgan’s effort 
    Or Clare's, take your pick
  • Options
    Morgan fouled on the edge of the centre circle, we have a free kick which we take quickly, but end up getting pressed into an error and out for a Barnsley throw.
  • Options
    SDAddick said:
    Clare used all of his shooting with that one goal. He has not shooting left. Only clearances. 
    Bit like Fifa when you hold the sprint button down too long.
This discussion has been closed.

Roland Out Forever!