Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Match Thread: Barnsley vs Charlton Athletic | Saturday 24th September 2022 - 3pm

Comments

• Options
    Barnsley now down our left, and the cross drifts out for a goal kick. This has the feeling of a long old day.
  • Options
    edited September 2022
    Couple.of easy forward passes from Barnsley and two players can take their time to think of a cross. Cross in and thankfully too long. 

We really can't seem to press or close down at all. Anywhere on the pitch. 
  • Options
    Barnsley down our right, cross into our area but there's no-one there for them so McG collects easily.
  • Options
    CBT down the left beats his man but JRS is beaten in the air before he can get to the cross.
  • Options
    Corner… but we don’t score from those 
  • Options
    That passage of play just there fees like it was the first time we’ve passed it past a teams press in a long time. 
  • Options
    Long ball from Dobbo to Egbo, who can't beat his man but forces a corner. Morgan to take.
  • Options
    aliwibble said:
    Barnsley down our right, cross into our area but there's no-one there for them so McG collects easily.
    Was that a Barnsley cross or Charlton 😂
  • Options
    Scoham said:
    Corner… but we don’t score from those 
    Well over from Clare but more threatening than most of our set pieces
  • Options
    Corner short to Fraser, comes to JRS across the edge of the box to Clare, but he spoons over.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Clare has had his long shot worldie for the season 
  • Options
    A Golfie on the cards perhaps....?
    Please consign that self-promoting expression to the dustbin. It's well past its sell-by-date.
  • Options
    Egbo looks good.
  • Options
    We need to be a bit sharper, we started well until that goal. 
  • Options
    That’s an unbelievable goal ffs
    Funny what happens when you shoot  
    Is the implication here that we don’t shoot? Because we’ve had the 6th most shots in the league so far.
    Perhaps I should have caveated that the shots need to be on target. Morgan the main culprit. CBT not far behind with wasted chances. 
  • Options
    Erk, we pass it around across the back, and get pressed, but win the throw.
  • Options
    A match thread is probably not the best place for it but re: closing down pot shots from outside the box

https://medium.com/@chris.summersell/are-liverpool-breaking-a-sacred-defensive-code-8c5f806a4c41
  • Options
    Interesting that Stockley’s tried running in behind about 3 times already. More than he has all season?
  • Options
    McConnell tries to send the ball forward to CBT but misjudges it and it goes out for a Barnsley goal kick.
  • Options
    Absolutely useless. Second to every ball and trapped in our own half apart from punts forward. Can see a big loss here today. 
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Egbo looks good.
    Yeah really like the look of him. Strong in possession and gets forward well. He's our only overlapping fullback (apart from Clayden I guess) so it's very important for him to provide width so that JRS can cut inside. 

Good run there. 
  • Options
    Stockley chest controls the ball, and tries to play JRS forward unsuccessfully but the ref brings it back for a free kick.
  • Options
    Morgan and Fraser just not in it…
    would like to see Clare and Dobson in midfield when sessegnon is back properly
  • Options
    Egbo down the right, but his cross evades everyone and away.
  • Options
    edited September 2022
    A Golfie on the cards perhaps....?
    Please consign that self-promoting expression to the dustbin. It's well past its sell-by-date.
    I will do when we start winning games after conceding first. 

And btw, I didnt coin the phrase. I simply pointed out the fact we hardly ever do. It's about 1 in 60 games now. 

• Options
    Now CBT down the left, but Barnsley get plenty of men around him and pick the ball off.
  • Options
    That’s an unbelievable goal ffs
    Funny what happens when you shoot  
    Is the implication here that we don’t shoot? Because we’ve had the 6th most shots in the league so far.
    Perhaps I should have caveated that the shots need to be on target. Morgan the main culprit. CBT not far behind with wasted chances. 
    I got my stats muddled. It’s shots on target where we’re 6th.

• Options
    Feel like we’re looking like the better team at the moment. 

Need to bloody score though. 
  • Options
    Absolutely useless. Second to every ball and trapped in our own half apart from punts forward. Can see a big loss here today. 
    I hate to say it again but;

"Got a horrible feeling we'll be torn a new one as they say.

Can't seen anything but a loss by at least 2 goals."
  • Options
    CBT has seen a lot of the ball but has wasted it

This discussion has been closed.

Roland Out Forever!