Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

FA Cup 22/23 Thread - Round 3 draw: is no longer relevant to us :(

Comments

• Options
    edited October 2022
    I think the rail strike will now affect their numbers. It depends I suppose how much laying on coaches will cost, what with the cost of living crisis.
    Even I, as a ST holder, and just 1 junction down from Coalville on the M1 will have to consider the cost of fuel etc.
  • Options
    I hope the Charlton fans show respect to Coalville and turn up to give them a great day out and some money in their pocket .. expect the game to be moved to Sunday because of rail strike across the country 
  • Options
    When it was announced I saw one tweet to Coalville fans  ‘enjoy the pitch’. Given this will be the 4th home match in a 12 day run coming up between 25th oct to 5th Nov the pitch might not necessarily be as good as it usually is by then
  • Options

The live television broadcast selections for the Emirates FA Cup’s first round proper have now been made, and the schedule can be seen below: 

Friday 4 November 2022
    Hereford v Portsmouth at 7.55pm on BBC Two, BBC iPlayer & BBC Sport online

Saturday 5 November 2022
    South Shields v Forest Green Rovers at 12pm on BBC One, BBC iPlayer & BBC Sport online

Sunday 6 November 2022
    Wrexham v Oldham Athletic at 12.30pm on ITV, UTV, STV, ITV Hub & STV Player
    Torquay United v Derby County at 3pm on ITV, UTV, STV, ITV Hub & STV Player

Monday 7 November 2022
    Bracknell Town v Ipswich Town at 7.45pm on ITV4, UTV, STV, ITV Hub & STV Player

Each club involved in these live broadcast ties will receive a fee of £50,000 in addition to payments from the competition’s prize fund.

https://www.thefa.com/news/2022/oct/20/fa-cup-first-round-proper-tv-picks-20221020

• Options
    I I would have liked TV coverage, simply for the benefit to Coalville, if nothing else.
  • Options
    I'm just glad our game is staying at 3pm on a Saturday. 
    Far too many evening kick off s lately.
  • Options
    Wrexham v Oldham on tele?!
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    edited October 2022
    Wrexham v Oldham on tele?!
    ITV paying for and praying for an interview with Ryan Reynolds
  • Options
    I'm just glad our game is staying at 3pm on a Saturday. 
    Far too many evening kick off s lately.
    There will still be 8-10 games on the Sunday. Regardless of tv picks.
  • Options
    Who remembers our fourth round tie against non-league Kettering at Sell-Out Park? They brought 50 coachloads, packed the Holmesdale Road end.

We won 2-1(Robert Lee, Paul Williams). January 1989. Attendance 16,001.
    Not that I knew my fate that day when I stood in the Half Hour Wait enclosure admiring their turnout of fans, but less than two years after that game, I relocated to Kettering and have lived in the area since.

If you think we've been mismanaged and had our fair share of misfortune of late, the trials and tribulations of the Poppies since 2011 takes some beating.
  • Options
    We play Stevenage in the league cup on the Tuesday so hope it's not the Sunday, if it is it will probably be mostly youth playing.
  • Options
    We play Stevenage in the league cup on the Tuesday so hope it's not the Sunday, if it is it will probably be mostly youth playing.
    I'd say this almost certainly ensures we'll be playing Saturday then. Can't see them forcing us to play Sunday-Tuesday or us agreeing to do so.
  • Options
    We could play it on the Friday night though there is the Papa Johns game on the 2nd Nov which would rule out anyone involved in that game playing 2 days later.
  • Options
    edited October 2022
    Is Coalville a rough area?
    Coalville is the most dangerous medium-sized town in Leicestershire, and is among the top 20 most dangerous overall out of Leicestershire's 230 towns, villages, and cities. The overall crime rate in Coalville in 2021 was 75 crimes per 1,000 people.
    and that's just the football team !!  :#
    reminds me of a long ago BBC Radio comedy about a naive social worker .. a brief conversation

'where are you off to ?'
    'I'm about to go to one of the most dangerous places on earth'
    'Oh, is that a trip along the Amazon ?'
    'No, to an English market town during happy hour'
  • Options
    Another chance for Charlton Athletic to dip to an all time low. Couldn’t happen could it ? 
  • Options

The Addicks will host Coalville Town in the first round of the Emirates FA Cup on Saturday, November 5th (3pm KO GMT).

Ticketing details will be communicated to supporters in due course.

Please note the club are not permitted to live stream the game on CharltonTV owing to FA broadcast rules.

https://www.charltonafc.com/news/coalville-cup-date-confirmed

• Sponsored links:

• Options
    edited October 2022
    Another chance for Charlton Athletic to dip to an all time low. Couldn’t happen could it ? 
    I don't think so. The way Garner has drilled his possession philosophy into us makes me confident we are one of the least likely sides to fall to a cupset of that magnitude.

His style of football is all about ball control, patterns of play and deliberate pass & move. That's infinitely harder to play against when you're already competing four levels below us in the pyramid - as mentioned already, we're rarely loaning out the youth to the 7th tier.

If we were still being led by a Bowyer or Jackson or going back, even Parkinson, where a lot of the time the tactics seemed quite turgid and occasionally relied on a bit of chaos to get the job done, I could see it more likely although still improbable that we'd fail to come out on top after 90 minutes.
  • Options
    As Callum said, the way we set up this should be a relatively comfortable 3-1 win with Coalville getting a goal for their fans to enjoy and a "big Day out" for them, under Garner. 
  • Options
    JFC will be happy to get another game at least
  • Options
    clive said:

The Addicks will host Coalville Town in the first round of the Emirates FA Cup on Saturday, November 5th (3pm KO GMT).

Please note the club are not permitted to live stream the game on CharltonTV owing to FA broadcast rules.

Announced as no train strike & we're at the 14 day stage now the working week has finished?
  • Options
    Their attendances look around 500.  They're bang in the middle between Leceister, Derby, Forest, Coventry and Birmingham so I expect most of the town will be supporters of one of those clubs.

I'll be surprised if they bring as many as 2k in that respect as it would be similar to Hayes and Yeading taking thousands to Ipswich for a cup game.

Having said that will be delighted if they do and this is exactly why the FA Cup is such a fantastic competition and should never be allowed to be disintegrated.  
  • Options
    Apart from us it is right that every football supporter with a soul want Coalville to win.
  • Options
    clive said:

Announced as no train strike & we're at the 14 day stage now the working week has finished?
    Train strikes were announced at the start of this week. No idea what Companies or lines but set for the 3rd,5th & 7th......as far as I recall. 
  • Options
    clive said:

Strike action is due to take place on our network by the RMT union on the following dates:

• Thursday 3 November
    • Saturday 5 November
    • Monday 7 November

We're working hard to understand the level of service we can run. We'll provide more detailed timetables and information as soon as possible, and we're sorry for the inconvenience and frustration this strike action will cause.

https://www.southeasternrailway.co.uk/travel-information/live-travel-information/service-disruption?

• Options
    Don’t care what eleven we put out we’ll win this 5/6/7 nil. You heard it here first.
  • Options
    edited October 2022