Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

FA Cup 22/23 Thread - Round 3 draw: is no longer relevant to us :(

Comments

• Options
    seth plum said:
    We have two tickets, one old man and one man man, they cost £15.
    What else is a person supposed to do on Saturday, go shopping?
    If there is a Mrs Plum, do you describe her as a woman man?

• Options
    Bearing in mind that only those CAFC fans who are die hards will be going Isn’t the pricing too low ( a bit controversial I know) but I only have to pay £5 which just seems ridiculous to me for live entertainment from professional sportsmen 
  • Options
    edited November 2022
    Some of the performances this season have only been worth £5 or less.
  • Options
    I’m going to this one, obviously would hope for a Charlton clean sheet win, but always like to support the underdogs, (us).
  • Options
    CAFCTrev said:
    cafc4life said:
    Heard TS is putting on special rates for this to try and draw a crowd. a family of four can get there tickets for only £92.50 (excluding £1.50 online booking fee). Thomas hoping it brings fans in.
    I think the FA dictates a minimum ticket price for the FA cup though, not sure how low he can go. 
    https://youtu.be/QuKBsJoA7jk
  • Options
    Bearing in mind that only those CAFC fans who are die hards will be going Isn’t the pricing too low ( a bit controversial I know) but I only have to pay £5 which just seems ridiculous to me for live entertainment from professional sportsmen 
    Look at Mr Optimistic with his 'entertainment'.
  • Options
    Honestly, I really struggle with our fans some-times.. We should be selling a minimum of 5-6K in the home ends.. I get it is a cup game against a club no has heard of, but this is the FA and fans should be making the effort. I know easier for me to say from afar.. No wonder other clubs take the piss out of our support, we really don't help ourselves!  
  • Options
    DubaiCAFC said:
    Honestly, I really struggle with our fans some-times.. We should be selling a minimum of 5-6K in the home ends.. I get it is a cup game against a club no has heard of, but this is the FA and fans should be making the effort. I know easier for me to say from afar.. No wonder other clubs take the piss out of our support, we really don't help ourselves!  

I agree. Just bought myself a ticket - Son is not interested. What happened to the magic of the FA Cup ? Will I ever see us play Coalville again ?  
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    With the club unable to decide if they will run Valley Express and me not liking sitting in either West or North Lower I’m not going. However, I feel bad about Coalville not getting a good payday out of it so I’m going to send them the cost of my match ticket as a donation. They’ll actually get more that way than me attending in person. 
    Can you send me a link to however you manage to do that, I wasnt going anyway but I'd like to donate my ticket to them. 
  • Options
    just looked at the website. its showing I can buy tickets in the lower part of the Jimmy Seed stand?
  • Options
    just looked at the website. its showing I can buy tickets in the lower part of the Jimmy Seed stand?
    It's to allow the Coalville supporters to buy, they would not have a website which could sell away tickets
  • Options
    DubaiCAFC said:
    The FA Cup has very little appeal for the big boys, has been like that for years.   The attendances show that.

As for us, if we can barely get 7,000 fans for a league game why will people to go and watch a non-league side, coupled with the small matter of a train strike.
  • Options
    That’s because tickets were £32 for a Tuesday night. 

This is Saturday and £10. 

• Options
    edited November 2022
    Stewart said:
    That’s because tickets were £32 for a Tuesday night. 

This is Saturday and £10. 

So if you're committed to spending that to attend a league match, you might be inclined to save the tenner so you can afford the next one. 
  • Options
    JohnnyH2 said:
    It's to allow the Coalville supporters to buy, they would not have a website which could sell away tickets
    Might join them. Bit of an atmosphere. Anyone know a coalville chant? 
    I've already got "your grounds too big for you" and "you're  only here for the coalville" 

How about 🎼you’re supposed to be at home🎼 😉
  • Options
    Dont think I'll be going but will gladly send £10 to Coalville. 
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    edited November 2022
    Been doing some research ahead of the Match Preview for this game.

Are Coalville (Level 7) the lowest team we've ever faced in competition?

We played Windsor & Eton in the FA Cup in the 20s, who were members of the Athenian League at the time, yet that appears to have been a level below the Southern | Isthmian | Northern Leagues etc. at the time, so that would put them at around step five.

We also played Burton Albion in the 50s in the FA Cup who were members of the Birmingham & District League, which again seems to appear as a level below the Southern League etc - Again would put them around step five in the English Pyramid as there was no Conference League until 1979.

Wasn't sure if there have been any other competitions that I've missed?

Or if I've mis ranked the Leagues that both Windsor and Burton were involved in
  • Options
    Maybe it is about the gap between the two respective clubs.
    It’s a bit like if it was Everton at home to Northampton at the moment.
    Would Northampton in that situation have no chance whatsoever?
  • Options
    DubaiCAFC said:

I agree. Just bought myself a ticket - Son is not interested. What happened to the magic of the FA Cup ? Will I ever see us play Coalville again ?  
    What happened to the Magic?

If we were magicians we would be the El Crappo and Debbie of magic!
  • Options
    edited November 2022

We played Windsor & Eton in the FA Cup in the 20s, who were members of the Athenian League at the time, yet that appears to have been a level below the Southern | Isthmian | Northern Leagues etc. at the time, so that would put them at around step five.

We also played Burton Albion in the 50s in the FA Cup who were members of the Birmingham & District League, which again seems to appear as a level below the Southern League etc - Again would put them around step five in the English Pyramid as there was no Conference League until 1979.

I think the Southern League would have been level 5 mate because the 3rd divisions North and South (which we won for the second time in 1934/5 on the climb to runners up in the old 1st division in 3 consecutive seasons) effectively became the old FL 3rd & 4th divisions.

• Options
    edited November 2022
    RedChaser said:

I think the Southern League would have been level 5 mate because the 3rd divisions North and South (which we won for the second time in 1934/5 on the climb to runners up in the old 1st division in 3 consecutive seasons) effectively became the old FL 3rd & 4th divisions.

I thought it would have been.

First Division
    Second Division
    Third Division (North | South)
    -----
    Southern | Northern | Isthmian | Western (As you could be elected into the EFL)
    Athenian | Birmingham & District etc.
  • Options
    RedChaser said:

First Division
    Second Division
    -----
    Yeh that’s reasonable but Divisions 3 North and South had 22 teams apiece so in todays world I would treat that as two levels.
  • Options
    seth plum said:
    Maybe it is about the gap between the two respective clubs.
    It’s a bit like if it was Everton at home to Northampton at the moment.
    Would Northampton in that situation have no chance whatsoever?
    It’s nothing like it.
  • Options
    RedChaser said:
    RedChaser said:

First Division
    Second Division
    -----
    Yeh that’s reasonable but Divisions 3 North and South had 22 teams apiece so in todays world I would treat that as two levels.
    No different to the National League North / South in its current version?

Thats why I had that particular mindset mate
  • Options
    T_C_E said:
    With the club unable to decide if they will run Valley Express and me not liking sitting in either West or North Lower I’m not going. However, I feel bad about Coalville not getting a good payday out of it so I’m going to send them the cost of my match ticket as a donation. They’ll actually get more that way than me attending in person. 
    Can you send me a link to however you manage to do that, I wasnt going anyway but I'd like to donate my ticket to them. 
    I was just going to send them a cheque by post.