Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

FA Cup 22/23 Thread - Round 3 draw: is no longer relevant to us :(

Comments

• Options
    edited November 2022
    DubaiCAFC said:
    Honestly, I really struggle with our fans some-times.. We should be selling a minimum of 5-6K in the home ends.. I get it is a cup game against a club no has heard of, but this is the FA and fans should be making the effort. I know easier for me to say from afar.. No wonder other clubs take the piss out of our support, we really don't help ourselves!  

I agree. Just bought myself a ticket - Son is not interested. What happened to the magic of the FA Cup ? Will I ever see us play Coalville again ?  
    Son now has the FA Cup spirit and is coming. Hopefully a few more will change their minds. I still love the FA Cup !!
  • Options
    Great finish from Hereford 
  • Options
    Henry-Lovechild with an equaliser
  • Options
    Glad to see there have been some upsets after some rudimentary wins for Portsmouth | Forest Green on the TV and now Charlton.

Alvechurch went into the round as the lowest team left in the competition, and remain in the competition having beaten Cheltenham 1-2 (It was a repeat of Charlton vs Coalville in terms of Leagues), although Alvechurch are bottom four at present.

Boreham Wood | Buxton | Chesterfield | Chippenham | Kings Lynn | Ebbsfleet | Dag & Red | Farnborough will join them in the next round from Non-League - There are a couple of replays with the following Non-League teams (in bold) still standing a chance of getting through to the 2nd Round.

AFC Flyde vs Gillingham
    Barnet vs Chelmsford City
    Solihull Moors vs Hartlepool United

Of course there are still outstanding games tomorrow, and Monday so that number can increase.

Wrexham vs Oldham Athletic
    Curzon Ashton vs Cambridge United
    Woking vs Oxford United
    Torquay United vs Derby County
    Bracknell Town vs Ipswich Town
  • Options
    A massive shock that, but it doesn't feel so big as Cheltenham aren't a historic League Club like we are, for example 
  • Options
    DubaiCAFC said:
    DubaiCAFC said:
    Honestly, I really struggle with our fans some-times.. We should be selling a minimum of 5-6K in the home ends.. I get it is a cup game against a club no has heard of, but this is the FA and fans should be making the effort. I know easier for me to say from afar.. No wonder other clubs take the piss out of our support, we really don't help ourselves!  
    The FA Cup has very little appeal for the big boys, has been like that for years.   The attendances show that.

As for us, if we can barely get 7,000 fans for a league game why will people to go and watch a non-league side, coupled with the small matter of a train strike.
    Big boys will sell out or just at least 90% of normal crowd.

Train strike for a home game, come on.. it’s not as if we have fans travelling from all over the country, 95% are from south east of the country there are other modes of transport!
    Bolton had 5,999
    Bradford had 6,837
    Doncaster had 3,965
    Fleetwood had 1,357
    MK Don's had 2,739
    Shrewsbury had 3,807
    Wycombe had 2,319
    Wednesday had 8,558

All of the above having gates significantly less than for league games.
  • Options
    What was our attendance? 
  • Options
    4707 according to the BBC
  • Options
    Harry Lennon on the bench for Wrexham today, with their game currently on ITV against Oldham - Think its his first appearance in a good while, as has been injured 
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    When’s the draw?
  • Options
    edited November 2022
    Grimsby do a Charlton .. put 5 past Plymouth and not a Mendonca in sight  :)
  • Options
    edited November 2022
    Monday at 7pm on bbc2
  • Options
    Catching up with the highlights from yesterday, and the Alvechurch no 4 is TINY. Think he might make Payne look a reasonable height
  • Options
    Round 2 ball numbers:

1. Forest Green Rovers
    2. Barnsley
    3. Boreham Wood
    4. Curzon Ashton or Cambridge United
    5. Dagenham & Redbridge
    6. Accrington Stanley
    7. Solihull Moors or Hartlepool United
    8. AFC Fylde or Gillingham
    9. Peterborough United or Salford City
    10. Farnborough
    11. Grimsby Town
    12. Milton Keynes Dons
    13. Ebbsfleet United
    14. Carlisle United AFC
    15. Bracknell Town or Ipswich Town
    16. Chippenham Town
    17. Sheffield Wednesday
    18. Portsmouth
    19. Shrewsbury Town
    20. Buxton
    21. Charlton Athletic
    22. Weymouth or AFC Wimbledon
    23. Newport County AFC
    24. Stockport County
    25. King’s Lynn Town
    26. Stevenage
    27. Fleetwood Town
    28. Burton Albion
    29. Harrogate Town
    30. Exeter City
    31. Torquay United or Derby County
    32. Bristol Rovers
    33. Walsall
    34. Wrexham AFC
    35. Crewe Alexandra
    36. Barnet or Chelmsford City
    37. Woking or Oxford United
    38. Chesterfield 
    39. Alvechurch
    40. Mansfield Town

• Options
    Who i'd like to get:
    Chippenham or Alvechurch at home would be my preference.

Who to avoid:
    As i'm sure will be the case for many others, any league one side away.
    Wrexham away. I don't fancy potentially getting beat live on tv.
    Stevenage - as we've already got them in the league cup.
  • Options
    edited November 2022
    Another home tie is preferable. It keeps the expectations under control as in everybody will be underwhelmed and not ‘looking forward to it’ or the day out. Ideally against a lower league team so we can have another training exercise like Saturday’s and blow away a few more sticking points like Stockley not being able to score and bring a few more of these excellent youngsters through, or give JFC a few more minutes, or get Payne up a notch or two more. & Potentially 4 other former-PL clubs to keep us off the TV and leave our game at 3pm on a Saturday. 
  • Options
    Away tie against a Non-League team... Or Home | Away tie against a League Two team.

I hate nothing more than an all League One tie 
  • Options
    I went to the Chelmsford City v Barnet game at the weekend... daughter saw a few Chelmsford games this season and fancied it more than Charlton, so this was her first away game! It was an exciting game if low on quality, and the last-minute equaliser for Chelmsford was celebrated like a win! definitely got her hooked now, and looking forward to the replay.

Hoping Chelmsford win the replay and both them and Charlton get a winnable second round (not easy as Chelmsford are the easy team) then a payday 3rd round.
  • Options
    edited November 2022
    Ebbsfleet away and live on the tele box
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    ebChris_from_Sidcup said:
    Who i'd like to get:

Who to avoid:
    this would be nice. 

id also take a localish away game but not a league 1 side. 
  • Options
    Who i'd like to get:

Who to avoid:
    Both those clubs you want knocked out League One opposition this weekend.
  • Options
    Who i'd like to get:

Who to avoid:
    Forest Green away would be nice, to make up for the league game being a Tuesday night in February. Always fancied a trip to see their eco ground.

Ebbsfleet away would be a cracker and probably be on TV.

Wrexham away is definitely one to avoid!
  • Options
    Definitely don't want a L1 side

I never went to Dagenham when they were a league side, so that might be an interesting away tie and chance for revenge! Buxton would be scenic, though the peak District will be quite bleak and cold in late November!
  • Options
    Walsall away is my guess. Ebbsfleet home or away would be my choice.
  • Options
    edited November 2022
    Non league team away would be fun, if not non league home or localish Gills away would be good 
  • Options
    Problem with non league away match is that very limited numbers of fans would be able to attend plus no streams allowed.

Is this really what we want ? 
  • Options
    Problem with non league away match is that very limited numbers of fans would be able to attend plus no streams allowed.

If we drew a non league team away, it'd almost certainly be on TV. 
  • Options

No we want a shrubbery,. Or a decent home draw.
  • Options

if we are away to a non league side then it's almost guaranteed BBC/ITV live coverage