Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Charlton v QPR Match Thread - League Cup 1st Round | Tuesday 9th August 2022 + POST MATCH (p18)

Comments

• Really enjoyed this,cannot understand why so few people came.Very even game ,but they were getting stronger towards the end,and maybe if extra time was played they would have done us.The penalty shoot out was the first one for a long time that when I saw the players go up,they actually looked confident of scoring(the last one was a bit hairy),which probably reflects on the managers attitude all round.stand outs,DJ was a thorn in their side without much end product,Clayden to me was MOM,we dont need a LB back up,and he will get better.If we can just get that nippy striker to get to these half chances ,we are in for a good season.

• A pair of quality strikes and some late drama at The Valley saw the Addicks progress on penalties in the @Carabao_Cup on Tuesday evening. Here's our take from Charlton's first-round triumph... #cafc

• A beautiful ping for our goal
    impressive turnout from the hoops 

I want the shittiest team left in the competition and let’s go all the way .

How are you supposed to celebrate a goal when you’re a league above , act all cool and shrug your shoulders 🙄

What round will it be ok for us to sing que sera sera … I mean , Charlton fans in lack of personality alert shocker 
    Cheerful post after a great win against a team in a higher division.   
  • Was gutted I missed it. Took a Heathrow job at 4:30 thinking that’s be fine only to take over two hrs through gridlock to get there🤬
  • Sponsored links:

• DubaiCAFC said:
    Pass completion percentages, lowest to highest (minimum 10 passes) plus accurate long balls/long ball attempts:

O'Connell 96.9% (63/65) (7/9)
    Lavelle 95.6% (43/45) (5/6)
    Dobson 93.9% (31/33) (5/5)
    Clare 90.7% (49/54) (5/6)
    Payne 90.0% (18/20) (1/1)
    Clayden 89.5% (34/38) (2/3)
    Gilbey 86.7% (26/30) (2/4)
    JFC 86.5% (32/37) (3/7)
    Henry 81.8% (9/11) (2/2)
    Morgan 81.8% (9/11) (3/5)
    Ness 75.0% (9/12) (0/1)
    DJ 73.9% (17/23) (1/3)
    Wollacott 71.0% (22/31) (7/15)
    Leaburn 68.8% (11/16) (0/1)

impressive from the 2 CB's.. 
    Especially as there wasn't that much 'to me', 'to you' nonsense going on. 
  • Oh, and Lee Bowyer was there as were Chris Houghton and Andrew Crofts.

Dream team?

Looks like a scene from Dumb and Dumber 3
  • Love the positions Henry took up outside the box. Paid a dividend so I'm pretty sure that was a set play they had worked on for second phase balls falling outside the box. 
    Very well done young man 
  • Chunes said:
    So our second string beat a Championship club's first team. That's some accomplishment. Bravo Ben Garner! 

Terrific first half where they couldn't get near us. Didn't think JFC was that bad but Gilbey was just Gilbey. Either way you can see why they're both bottom of the pecking order. 

When QPR went two up front in the second half they could press the backline a bit better and made it harder for us to play out but we still did well until Dobson and Clare went off. I thought that was going to be the beginning of the end and it nearly was.

Thought we struggled to deal with Shodipo and Roberts (obviously) for QPR. Bonne was terrible. I question Beale's judgment if he's keeping him around this year. 

Full credit to BG and this system he's building. And to TS for bringing him in. We'd have been watching a very different game under JJ. 

The bloke in front of me got up and left when QPR scored on 80 minutes. Talk about having no faith! I reckon he posts on here... 
    I was sat right next to the away bench and Bonne was visibly fuming when he was brought off as well. 

Think L1 is his level, his return for Ipswich last year was decent. In hindsight selling him when we did was a great bit of business though. 
  • edited August 2022
    Chunes said:
    So our second string beat a Championship club's first team. That's some accomplishment. Bravo Ben Garner! 

Terrific first half where they couldn't get near us. Didn't think JFC was that bad but Gilbey was just Gilbey. Either way you can see why they're both bottom of the pecking order. 

When QPR went two up front in the second half they could press the backline a bit better and made it harder for us to play out but we still did well until Dobson and Clare went off. I thought that was going to be the beginning of the end and it nearly was.

Thought we struggled to deal with Shodipo and Roberts (obviously) for QPR. Bonne was terrible. I question Beale's judgment if he's keeping him around this year. 

Full credit to BG and this system he's building. And to TS for bringing him in. We'd have been watching a very different game under JJ. 

The bloke in front of me got up and left when QPR scored on 80 minutes. Talk about having no faith! I reckon he posts on here... 
    I was sat right next to the away bench and Bonne was visibly fuming when he was brought off as well. 

Think L1 is his level, his return for Ipswich last year was decent. In hindsight selling him when we did was a great bit of business though. 
    He scored 12 in 43 last season. Maybe seemed like he scored more because he had that good run at the start. Dunno what he was fuming about, he deserved to come off!
  • Bonne is a bizarre player all round 
  • Chunes said:
    Chunes said:

He scored 12 in 43 last season. Maybe seemed like he scored more because he had that good run at the start. Dunno what he was fuming about, he deserved to come off!
    Agreed thought Our backline had him in their pocket all night. 
  • Sponsored links:

• QPR's Hämäläinen .. is that an EFL record for the number of umlauts ?
    I think Jaaskelainen’s the same
  • Still love how he strikes it so hard, he falls over :D
  • That Aaron Henry goal just keeps getting better & better everytime you watch it…goal of the season for us right there…👍,well played to the boys last night,stuck at it…bodes well for rest of season…
  • It was just a tap-in from outside the box. Reckon Gilbey would have sent it in would he have been on the end of it.
  • I only see games on CTV and last  night only had commentary but reading the marks and comments this season it seems we have a different Morgan and Kirk. It is hard to understand the difference on a stream but what is it that has improved them both?
  • I only see games on CTV and last  night only had commentary but reading the marks and comments this season it seems we have a different Morgan and Kirk. It is hard to understand the difference on a stream but what is it that has improved them both?
    Better coaching?