Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Charlton v QPR Match Thread - League Cup 1st Round | Tuesday 9th August 2022 + POST MATCH (p18)

Comments

• Options
    Id love to see the stat for how many times Bonne has been caught offside on his return to the valley playing for the opposing team

Feels like a bloody lot. 
  • Options
    Well that was nice. I missed the last 10 minutes of the match plus all but the lat pensly, as I was in the car, but that is just not the Charlton way, and great to see a change in how we go into cups. And we are playing football. Early days, but good feeling.
  • Options
    RedChaser said:
    Leuth said:
    (I WILL say that Ness looks completely unready, but hey, Egbo to come back) 
    You do realise he’s a Centre Back who fills in at Right Back don’t you? Give the lad a chance obviously the new management team saw something to keep him around and send Deji on loan. 
    He got torn to ribbons over fifteen extremely stressful minutes, admittedly by some good players. 

When Egbo is fit I wouldn't be surprised if he went out on loan at the end of the window 
  • Options
    Leuth said:
    RedChaser said:
    Leuth said:
    You do realise he’s a Centre Back who fills in at Right Back don’t you? Give the lad a chance obviously the new management team saw something to keep him around and send Deji on loan. 
    He got torn to ribbons over fifteen extremely stressful minutes, admittedly by some good players. 

When Egbo is fit I wouldn't be surprised if he went out on loan at the end of the window 
    He's a CB, seems he may be ahead of Bakrin and Elerewe right now.
  • Options
    Dazzler21 said:
    Leuth said:
    RedChaser said:
    Leuth said:

He's a CB, seems he may be ahead of Bakrin and Elerewe right now.
    Fair enough! Maybe he'll get some minutes there in the next round 
  • Options
    edited August 2022
    Dazzler21 said:
    RedChaser said:
    Leuth said:
    Plus he's 20, and Morgan could or should have got back quicker to support him. The replay showed he had Shodipo on his right too, so would have let him in if he had pressed out sooner.
    Yep that was a quality strike from a Pemier League player as well so he’ll learn from that as it’s all part of his development. Let’s not forget he’s come a long way up the football pyramid in a very short space of time and gets the benefit of doubt from me ftb.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Croydon said:
    QPR celebrated their goal like it was a playoff final winner and sung about Wembley. Couldn’t happen to a bigger bunch of clowns 🤡 
    Celebration police are easily one of the worst new trends in football. 
    Celebrate the goal sure, it was a really good strike. Singing about Wembley is a bit weird though and they deserve everything they get for that.
  • Options
    Croydon said:
    QPR celebrated their goal like it was a playoff final winner and sung about Wembley. Couldn’t happen to a bigger bunch of clowns 🤡 
    Celebration police are easily one of the worst new trends in football. 
    They’re free to celebrate however they want.
    just as I am free to think they’re absolute weapons for going nuts and singing about Wembley 
  • Options
    What’s fucking wrong with Ben Garner…doesn’t he know that we don’t do cup game…FFS get a grip!

(Wemberleeeeeeee)
  • Options
    I'd prefer Henry on the pitch having the ability to do that than some of the things Gilbey offers.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Very good performance. Would like to see us crate a bit more but still good. QPR we’re pony and so were their fans singing about Chelsea every other song, got incredibly boring after 5 minutes. Inthought Payne looked really good and thought Jfc done well and the centre backs look solid. 

Big shout out to Bonne still an absolute pony player wouldn’t be surprised if they get rid of him by the end of the month. 
  • Options
    The penalty should do O'Connells confidence a power of good.  Good that he took it.  Good that he scored.
  • Options
    mendonca said:
    Leaburn came alive in the box and some good play led to the corner from which we scored from. 

Don't overlook key contributions. 
    Bit feel free to over look anything positive the players you don't like do? 
  • Options
    CAFCsayer said:
    As cringy as it originally was/is, Addicks to Victory becomes more Brent when we are actually hitting some form and I'm warming to it 🤣
    Not even in jest……
  • Options
    Went with no expectations and thought it was a pretty good game. We probably had the better of the first half but the game completely changed when they brought Roberts on and we brought on Ness and Henry. 

Thought it was game over when Roberts scored but we did so well to get back in the game. Obviously a brilliant goal but credit to Leaburn for winning us the corner as well. Think he’s absolute quality and destined for huge things. 

DJ had a good game, as did Clayden and Gilbey. JFC was a bit anonymous for me and Ness looked quite bad when he came on but maybe understandable considering who he was up against and they were clearly targeting that side. 
  • Options
    Cafc43v3r said:
    mendonca said:
    Leaburn came alive in the box and some good play led to the corner from which we scored from. 

Don't overlook key contributions. 
    Bit feel free to over look anything positive the players you don't like do? 
    Not at all. I don't really have favourites/non favourites. I just made that point as Leaburn was getting a bit of flak on the match thread before that attack.