Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Charlton v QPR Match Thread - League Cup 1st Round | Tuesday 9th August 2022 + POST MATCH (p18)

Comments

• Options
    A really enjoyable game that. I know it’s very early on, but there seems to be a great spirit among the squad. With the exception of Gilbey, there was great desire to play for each other and work hard out of possession. 
  • Options
    Round 2 is in 2 weeks time
  • Options
    Played some decent football tonight. I was pretty impressed and pleased with the performance. Early days but looking better than I anticipated. Would be a real message to get a win on Saturday at Hillsborough. 
  • Options
    Charlton win on penalties. Must have slipped into an alternative universe.
  • Options
    Unexpected result there, well done lads - great pens (apart from the last one - he didn’t look like he fancied that)

2nd round drawer tomorrow, do prem teams (apart from those in Europe) come into it now?
    Yes 13 perm clubs plus Burnley & Watford. Draw is regionalised still. Have to wait to see where they draw the line for clubs such as Villa.
    The draw is tomorrow evening. Ron Dangerfield with some unexpected extra work to do!
  • Options
    Unexpected result there, well done lads - great pens (apart from the last one - he didn’t look like he fancied that)

2nd round drawer tomorrow, do prem teams (apart from those in Europe) come into it now?
    Yes 13 perm clubs plus Burnley & Watford. Draw is regionalised still. Have to wait to see where they draw the line for clubs such as Villa.
    Dale Stephens is doing it and we will get Barrow. 
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Decent performances and a great result. Confidence must be building within the squad now. If we can get a result at Wednesday which I think is very possible the way we are counter attacking then we could really get on a roll I think. We are getting better at Garnerball every game and it is so refreshing to see
  • Options
    The tekkers on that henry strike alone is a contender.

Im so happy for them, the confidence that will give the likes of morgan, kirk even stockly will be massive 

If i was a betting man i would put my washing machime on them the next game

The only neg was qpr taking over the valley. 

Gotta go just hearing about giggs dragging naked girls around hotel rooms on the news, proper wally

Coyr

• Options
    Highlights are up on Sky Sports for any melts like me who couldn’t watch the pens.

Kirks reaction to Henry’s goal is funny as well:

https://www.skysports.com/watch/video/sports/12669444/charlton-1-1-qpr-5-3-pens-league-cup-highlights
    Yeah I saw that in the corner of the screen during the game

Its like he's just remembered that he had a tenner on QPR to win 1-0 :D
  • Options
    Cafc43v3r said:
    Off_it said:
    bUt wHEre ArE thE gOaLs cOminG fROm?
    TBF I doubt we will get another 240 odd pens this season. 
    Not with that attitude
  • Options
    I would love to see us get Sinclair Armstrong on loan. I thought he looked terrific for them. Was on loan in the national league last year. 
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Hope never have to see O’Connell take a penalty again, he even looked uncomfortable pacing up to the ball ha ha
  • Options
    I would love to see us get Sinclair Armstrong on loan. I thought he looked terrific for them. Was on loan in the national league last year. 
    He’s on the fringe of their first team so can’t see him going out on loan but definitely looks like a great player in the making
  • Options
    edited August 2022
    He’s on the fringe of their first team so can’t see him going out on loan but definitely looks like a great player in the making
    Yeh plus he’s on their fans song list and they’d then have even less to sing about 😜
  • Options
    I said that during the game would add another dimension to the spectrum of attacking options.

Another one for the teenagers 🙄
  • Options
    RedChaser said:
    Leuth said:
    (I WILL say that Ness looks completely unready, but hey, Egbo to come back) 
    You do realise he’s a Centre Back who fills in at Right Back don’t you? Give the lad a chance obviously the new management team saw something to keep him around and send Deji on loan. 
    Plus he's 20, and Morgan could or should have got back quicker to support him. The replay showed he had Shodipo on his right too, so would have let him in if he had pressed out sooner.