Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Charlton v QPR Match Thread - League Cup 1st Round | Tuesday 9th August 2022 + POST MATCH (p18)

Comments

• Options
    It seems that Beale's Charlton connections have given QPR Charltonesque injury and fitness problems!
  • Options
    And nor should he be, after their very insipid 1st half showing. They allowed us to get a very good grip of the game and ultimately it cost them. 
  • Options
    edited August 2022
    Fair play to him. "That's exactly the team I'll be taking to Sunderland". We beat their best team.
  • Options
    Andrew Crofts currently head coach of Brighton U21s. Who are we getting on loan then?
  • Options
    Fair play. Bows would have enjoyed that and can now say he made Leaburn and Henry.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Andrew Crofts currently head coach of Brighton U21s. Who are we getting on loan then?

Wouldn't mind getting Evan Ferguson their young Irish striker on loan if he's made available. Looked very impressive in the youth cup against us along with Andy Moran. 
  • Options
    Something must be brewing in SE7 - we won in the League Cup!
  • Options
    Afraid not. The question actually to ask is which of our young players will they be buying?
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    MarcusH26 said:

Wouldn't mind getting Evan Ferguson their young Irish striker on loan if he's made available. Looked very impressive in the youth cup against us along with Andy Moran. 
    Oh yes please. He's a monster. 17 but plays like he's 27.
  • Options
    Leuth said:
    Beale going out of his way to be nice about Charlton a few times there. Good stuff
    Interesting really, as one of my very rare ITK snippets is that he was offered the job here and turned it down because of ‘the state the club was in’. 
  • Options
    And could actually get a table in the Fansbar and served with no queue
  • Options
    Once they took off Bonne they looked much better, which didn't surprise me in the slightest as he's like playing with 10 men. Thought there would be only one winner after that and their goal but what a strike from Henry. I didn't think he was playing well at all before he banged that one in, unbelievable technique.

Ness really isn't a right back, would have made more sense to bring Chin on. Hopefully he gets a run out at CB in the pizza cup as I thought he outshone Lavelle in the pre-season game he played and looked very comfortable on the ball.
  • Options
    Bit gutted it wasn’t a clean sheet win if I’m honest. 
  • Options
    MarcusH26 said:

Oh yes please. He's a monster. 17 but plays like he's 27.
    But is he nippy? 
  • Options
    Jac_52 said:
    Once they took off Bonne they looked much better, which didn't surprise me in the slightest as he's like playing with 10 men. Thought there would be only one winner after that and their goal but what a strike from Henry. I didn't think he was playing well at all before he banged that one in, unbelievable technique.

Ness really isn't a right back, would have made more sense to bring Chin on. Hopefully he gets a run out at CB in the pizza cup as I thought he outshone Lavelle in the pre-season game he played and looked very comfortable on the ball.
    Ness did play most of pre-season at RB though. As a natural CB, you'd hope he'd be able to play as a "defensive" right back
  • Options
    Clayden was a stand out for me - really solid - given he has literally no senior minutes  No need to buy a back up left back in my opinion. Odd some of the low scores he got in the ratings thread. 
    I thought he played well too. Obviously not the best on the pitch but more than held his own against Adomah and Shodipo.

QPR stopped trying to go down his side when they realised they would have a lot more joy against Ness.
  • Options
    We won a must win game.
    Deservedly so.
    I have been impressed so far with Garners attitude to the use, deployment, and substitutions of our players.
    I am also impressed with what seems to be the influence Garner has on players in making them better and more effective.
    Although I did think Mac would play in goal this evening, so he may be the unhappy guy, but looking at how much opportunity all squad players have had so far I don't think there can be any complaints from any of them.
    QPR fans went big on being disparaging (as well as an impressive turnout) so good old Karma decided to teach them some humility.