Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Premier League 22/23

Comments

• edited April 2023
    Yeaa... this is ending 5-5 isnt it

That goal was a proper: "Fuck you, I'll do it myself" from Kane
  • Howe out. 
  • Yeaa... this is ending 5-5 isnt it

That goal was a proper: "Fuck you, I'll do it myself" from Kane
    Maybe more a plea for someone to rescue him in summer perhaps!
  • 6-1 and could easy get to 7/8-2. Really embarrassing for Spurs
  • I really hope Newcastle don't just start passing it around and going onto cruise control.

If they keep going for it, they could get double figures.
    As feared.  No intensity in their play this second half.
  • 11 goals in 2 games this afternoon, between evenly matched teams on paper 
  • Stellini has been whisked away back to the hotel and left Lloris to do the post mst h interview 
  • Nice result for my bet365 goals giveaway thing - £6.50 in credits on the back of todays silly results, much better than those stupid premium bond things
  • Sponsored links:

• JohnBoyUK said:
    l1StevieG said:
    Stellini has been whisked away back to the hotel and left Lloris to do the post mst h interview 
    I feel sorry for the poor sod.  He's massively out of his depth but thats down to Levy.  Stellini should have gone with Conte.
    I find it absolutely bizarre that Levy felt he could do the job. His only previous managerial role was in the Italian third division where he was fired after less than 4 months.

It's like Inter Milan deciding that Russell Slade could do a job for a few months.
  • JohnBoyUK said:
    l1StevieG said:
    Stellini has been whisked away back to the hotel and left Lloris to do the post mst h interview 
    I feel sorry for the poor sod.  He's massively out of his depth but thats down to Levy.  Stellini should have gone with Conte.
    I find it absolutely bizarre that Levy felt he could do the job. His only previous managerial role was in the Italian third division where he was fired after less than 4 months.

It's like Inter Milan deciding that Russell Slade could do a job for a few months.
    You and me both fella.

• Bournemouth's next 2 games are away to Southampton and home to Leeds! 4 points might be enough to make them safe, but they might also be thinking that both are "must not lose" games.
  • Morning after the night before.  That result didn't surprise me in the slightest yesterday.  I called beforehand we'd lose but not like that... without doubt the worst performance I can remember and there's been a good few over the years.

Spurs are a complete mess.

The right back saga is a case study of exactly what a shambles it is. We sign Spence who looked exciting and a bloody good prospect at Forest but the manager publicly says he didn’t want him and actually sulks to that end and won’t even give him seconds.  Emerson Royal, who was signed as a right back in a back four, looks horrendous as a clueless wing back but finally comes good in a few games just as we are haggling over a couple of million to sign a replacement that the manager seemingly actually wants.  That million is then pissed away in an admin error with Doherty as we had to release him on a free (as we'd done the maximum amount of loans) and couldn’t evenn get a small fee for him.  By the time Porro arrives the manager is half dead / lost his head / mentally checked out anyway.  Then we revert to a back four which Porro (or Perisic!) clearly isn’t equipped to play. Has the worst performance of any fullback I’ve ever seen at Spurs (and I’ve seen some stinkers). And to top it all off, Emerson’s Agent (his Dad) comes out and says he wants to fuck off because he think he's better than he actually is.  Someone play the Benny Hill music...

There's no leadership from top to bottom.  There's certainly no leadership on the pitch.  Of that starting XI yesterday, who would you keep?  Kane?  thats just about it.  But Kane will go and rightly bloody so.  He goes with our blessing.

Man United and Liverpool up next.  This is going to be a fun week, isn't it.  As much as it will hurt, I almost want us to get hammered twice for the fan base to turn against Levy and ENIC but nothing will change.

But hey, we've got three Beyonce concerts to look forward to!

• JohnBoyUK said:
    Morning after the night before.  That result didn't surprise me in the slightest yesterday.  I called beforehand we'd lose but not like that... without doubt the worst performance I can remember and there's been a good few over the years.

Spurs are a complete mess.

The right back saga is a case study of exactly what a shambles it is. We sign Spence who looked exciting and a bloody good prospect at Forest but the manager publicly says he didn’t want him and actually sulks to that end and won’t even give him seconds.  Emerson Royal, who was signed as a right back in a back four, looks horrendous as a clueless wing back but finally comes good in a few games just as we are haggling over a couple of million to sign a replacement that the manager seemingly actually wants.  That million is then pissed away in an admin error with Doherty as we had to release him on a free (as we'd done the maximum amount of loans) and couldn’t evenn get a small fee for him.  By the time Porro arrives the manager is half dead / lost his head / mentally checked out anyway.  Then we revert to a back four which Porro (or Perisic!) clearly isn’t equipped to play. Has the worst performance of any fullback I’ve ever seen at Spurs (and I’ve seen some stinkers). And to top it all off, Emerson’s Agent (his Dad) comes out and says he wants to fuck off because he think he's better than he actually is.  Someone play the Benny Hill music...

There's no leadership from top to bottom.  There's certainly no leadership on the pitch.  Of that starting XI yesterday, who would you keep?  Kane?  thats just about it.  But Kane will go and rightly bloody so.  He goes with our blessing.

Man United and Liverpool up next.  This is going to be a fun week, isn't it.  As much as it will hurt, I almost want us to get hammered twice for the fan base to turn against Levy and ENIC but nothing will change.

But hey, we've got three Beyonce concerts to look forward to!

If only you had kept this chap. Levy not knowing the difference between "price and value"?

“As a footballer, you’re trying to do your best and sometimes things don’t go your way,” Trippier told The Athletic. “It just wasn’t happening, but I was still getting picked by Mauricio Pochettino.

“After the Champions League final, it felt like the right time to move on. The media weren’t really on my side at the time and maybe I needed to get out of England for a bit just to clear my mind. I never looked back.

“What annoyed me … as you know, people in football speak and there are always rumours, but I know 100 per cent for a fact – and this is what I was most angry about – that two months before the end of the season, Daniel (Levy, the chairman) was offering me to other clubs.

“I knew for certain that was happening, so I knew my time there must be up. I was playing for my teammates and the supporters, but I also knew I wasn’t wanted.”

• If only you had kept this chap. Levy not knowing the difference between "price and value"?

“As a footballer, you’re trying to do your best and sometimes things don’t go your way,” Trippier told The Athletic. “It just wasn’t happening, but I was still getting picked by Mauricio Pochettino.

“After the Champions League final, it felt like the right time to move on. The media weren’t really on my side at the time and maybe I needed to get out of England for a bit just to clear my mind. I never looked back.

“What annoyed me … as you know, people in football speak and there are always rumours, but I know 100 per cent for a fact – and this is what I was most angry about – that two months before the end of the season, Daniel (Levy, the chairman) was offering me to other clubs.

“I knew for certain that was happening, so I knew my time there must be up. I was playing for my teammates and the supporters, but I also knew I wasn’t wanted.”

Yes, in hindsight.  But Trips had been in woeful form for the 12 months previous to him going...(from what I can remember!)
  • Stellini sacked.
    Ryan Mason takes over.
  • edited April 2023
    I just checked the table and thought that Spurs were in Everton's position and the Toffees were at the top end !

Look, Spurs have over achieved this season with the squad they have at the moment.
    The Table implys they are 5th which just shows how brilliant Harry Kane is because Son hasn't been at the top of his game though he has still scored some blinding goals.

I can't see how Spurs won't be in the bottom half of the table next season if/when Harry moves on to accumulate some silver ware in the Summer.
    Scott Parker can tell Kane what to do to force a transfer if Levy put in some nasty small print.

LOOK AWAY NOW JOHN BOY🤦🏻‍♂️

These will be the good old days for Spurs in a few years when QPR and Millwall are their local Derby's. 
  • Sponsored links:

• https://www.tottenhamhotspur.com/news/2023/april/club-update-from-daniel/

"Cristian will leave his current role along with his coaching staff"

So who counts as Stellini's coaching  staff, if Mason has now been left in charge? And who else is left there alongside Mason?
  • https://www.tottenhamhotspur.com/news/2023/april/club-update-from-daniel/

"Cristian will leave his current role along with his coaching staff"

So who counts as Stellini's coaching  staff, if Mason has now been left in charge? And who else is left there alongside Mason?
    Sir Chris Powell, Yaya Toure, Jermaine Defoe, Ledley King, Michael Dawson are all around the club in one guise or another...
  • I dunno, Steve, I feel like you should look a bit closer to home when you talk about fair distribution of money. Can't see the woods through the trees:

BBC News - Champions League: Uefa must change revenue distribution, says Crystal Palace chairman Steve Parish
  • Palace 1 down, inside 3 minutes.
    Hopefully Wolves are feeling Newcastley
  • Wolves tend to win 1-0 plus neither the Wanderers or Palace will go down.
    Costa looks sharp tonight.
  • If Leeds hold on here, starting to look like Forest, Southampton are going, and one from Leicester & Everton.
  • If Leeds hold on here, starting to look like Forest, Southampton are going, and one from Leicester & Everton.
    And Leicester play Everton Monday night. 
  • Blimey, Leicester look awful!