Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Premier League 22/23

Comments

• Need 3-0 City for 400 notes, a matter of when do I cash out now, as there are definitely more goals. At 175 at the minute
  • CAFCsayer said:
    Need 3-0 City for 400 notes, a matter of when do I cash out now, as there are definitely more goals. At 175 at the minute
    For god’s sake. Cash out. 
  • Lampard has brought unprecedented consistency to Chelsea

They only spent £500m this season and probably won't even finish in the top half of the table. 
  • CAFCsayer said:
    😀
    Played
    Total f***ing disaster. Enjoyable to watch it all..
  • Chelsea and Charlton are both 11th...
  • Chelsea and Charlton are both 11th...
    Similar player budgets too.
  • Sponsored links:

• If City had been more clinical... they would have declared by half time and had a bowl.

Jeez, who going to stop them winning the treble?
  • JohnBoyUK said:
    If City had been more clinical... they would have declared by half time and had a bowl.

Jeez, who going to stop them winning the treble?
    Can't believe Southampton are likely to be the team to hBe stopped them winning the quadruple 🤣
  • Any thoughts on the Stones goal ?  Definitely looked offside to me & when they drew the lines they didnt show it at the time the free kick being taken. Before VAR got involved MOTD showed Stones definitely ahead of the Arsenal defender at the point the free kick was taken. 

All a bit dodgy to me.
  • Give me boring Man City winning it all over arsenal , Liverpool , Chelsea , spurs ,Newcastle and Man Utd fans celebrating 
    I hate every club obviously 99% of all hate is reserved for the scum but there’s plenty to go round 
  • Any thoughts on the Stones goal ?  Definitely looked offside to me & when they drew the lines they didnt show it at the time the free kick being taken. Before VAR got involved MOTD showed Stones definitely ahead of the Arsenal defender at the point the free kick was taken. 

All a bit dodgy to me.
    I thought the Haaland handball was dodgier. Bloke clearly moved his arm to the ball to block a shot and VAR spent one second looking at it below deciding everything was ok.

Since the introduction of VAR those reviews have consistently been given as a penalty. 
  • If we're talking dodgy decisions, how on earth did Michael Oliver not give Partey a second yellow for his rugby tackle on Haaland in the last moments?
  • Worst of all, the Sun Dream Team giving Halaand MOM when De Bruyne was clearly the best player on the pitch.

Needs investigating.

They only spent £500m this season and probably won't even finish in the top half of the table. 
    They're only 10 points above the relegation zone - and 36 points from the top.
  • Macronate said:
    Worst of all, the Sun Dream Team giving Halaand MOM when De Bruyne was clearly the best player on the pitch.

Needs investigating.
    KdB was MotM but not sure Haaland was that far behind. Thought he was superb last night and got 2 assists and a goal
  • Sponsored links:

• Leuth said:
    Oh cool, having an ineluctable wrecking-ball of a team winning the EPL every season is really exciting, but imagine it with Jude Bellingham in the side! Wow, that'd be even more exciting! I love oil money and gross financial imbalance! Hooray! Fuck football
    To be fair i think City under Pep would've won the premier league in any era. The quality in the Premier league overall is far better than it was, because you have relegation sides buying 30-40m players from across the world and still this City side get over 90 points every year. Of course they have money, but it still needs to be spent wisely (as United and Chelsea are proof of). 

Also you say it's not exciting but there has been a title race, a battle for top 4 and a huge relegation battle this year. Last year the title race went to the last 10 minutes of the season.
  • Off_it said:
    Lampard has brought unprecedented consistency to Chelsea

They're only 10 points above the relegation zone - and 36 points from the top.
    If it wasn't for Tuchel getting points at the start of the season (i think he got 20 in 10 games) they'd genuinely be in a relegation battle. Luckily for them other sides will run out of games. 
  • Macronate said:
    Worst of all, the Sun Dream Team giving Halaand MOM when De Bruyne was clearly the best player on the pitch.

Needs investigating.
    As good as De Bruyne was, thought Akanji was excellent at the back and Grealish covered more ground than I've seen him cover before.  As one point he was back by his own corner flag, nicking the ball off Saka's toes.
  • KdB, woof, what a baller, both goals just passed into the bottom corner 
  • Went to West Ham v Liverpool on a freebie last night - first time watching football there

That ground is worse than Wembley, absolute nightmare getting in and out, ridiculous searches before even making it to the concourse outside the ground and then the queues to get in at the turnstiles. Crap atmosphere and surrounded by day trippers.

Christ, if I were a West Ham fan and we'd moved from Upton Park to that, there's no way I'd still be going
  • Erling Haaland now has seven PL assists this season — matching Paul Scholes' best return in a single PL campaign
  • Went to West Ham v Liverpool on a freebie last night - first time watching football there

That ground is worse than Wembley, absolute nightmare getting in and out, ridiculous searches before even making it to the concourse outside the ground and then the queues to get in at the turnstiles. Crap atmosphere and surrounded by day trippers.

Christ, if I were a West Ham fan and we'd moved from Upton Park to that, there's no way I'd still be going
    I doubt you'd find a single West Ham fan who's happy they moved grounds.
  • It's got to the point that any team playing against Chelsea and not picking up a point is embarrassing.
  • Brentford winning at Chelsea ought to be headline news, the sort of win that Brentford fans will be talking about for years (like our win at Highbury).

Instead it's just routine.