Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

2022-23 UEFA Europa & Europa Conference League

1234568»

Comments

• Options
    there is also a big difference to a West Ham winning this trophy to say a Chelsea winning this trophy
  • Options
    Was at the match, Fiorentina end. Have to say their fans were great, didn't stop singing. Felt for them at the end
    What % of the ground were West Ham? 75%?
  • Options
    Would love to do this journey with charlton, interesting to see what sort of numbers we would have away
  • Options
    Speaking of West Ham I wonder if any older lifers remember Frank Lampard snr had a testimonial game in 1976 when a West Ham 11 took on Fulham. It was different as Hales and Flanagan were playing alongside another great paring of Bannister and Warboys from Bristol Rovers. I was only 14 at the time but me and my Dad had a great time, the hammers fans were bloody hilarious and knew we were Addicks but we're great. Always had a soft spot for them so cannot begrudge them any current success. 
  • Options
    Reminds me of the Charlton 2019 playoff trophy parade in Woolwich, great memories. 

I was the only one there though. 
  • Options
    That parade looked super impressive, the numbers in Stratford at the end were huge
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    edited June 2023
    anyone who stood in the away end at upton park late eighties would have more than likely been close to receiving a coin in the head 

The coins and missiles thrown at the late David Gold and the wee man Sullivan just a few seasons ago at our Olympic Stadium and told to fucking get out of their club by the east end hard men who mainly live in Essex remain in my memory.

David Gold was a true East end boy who played in bomb damaged London and who lived in a lovely mansion in Caterham for his last few decades. Its a sham that he didn't get to see his boyhood team lift their first trophy since their FA cup win in 1980. Plus receiving apologies from the Neanderthal cockney *cnuts. 

I admit to being Jealous as a Charlton supporter as another team I have seen us beat home and away disappear away from the cafc universe.

*Dyslexia rules KO
  • Options
    MrOneLung said:
    there is also a big difference to a West Ham winning this trophy to say a Chelsea winning this trophy
    Chelsea paid for their stadium? 

Putin's bitch paid for all things Chelsea over his tenure.
  • Options
    Im not jealous, Im a Charlton fan and we will have another day in the sun soon. 
  • Options
    Mates were at Stratford and said it was dangerously overcrowded, saw a couple of older gents collapse. Looked insane tho.
  • Options
    Speaking of West Ham I wonder if any older lifers remember Frank Lampard snr had a testimonial game in 1976 when a West Ham 11 to fans were bloody hilarious and knew we were Addicks but we're great. Always had a soft spot for them so cannot begrudge them any current success. 
    Don’t remember above match but was at White Hart Lane in 74 against West Ham. 
    Tottenham scored in last few minutes of match to win 1-0 Frank Lampard scored OWN goal.

56,000 crowd went wild ,standing on The Shelf at the time with workmate that supported Tottenham.
  • Options
    edited June 2023
    Mates were at Stratford and said it was dangerously overcrowded, saw a couple of older gents collapse. Looked insane tho.
    Friend of ours walked the route from where the old ground was to Stratford.....know it's not far but with those crowds couldn't of been easy.
  • Options
    West Ham fans have been banned from attending the club's next European away match after objects were thrown from the stands at their Europa Conference League final win over Fiorentina.
    West Ham have been fined 50,000 euros (£43,000) for the incident and a further 8,000 euros for a pitch invasion following the game in Prague.
    https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/65978643
  • Options
    Roma coach Jose Mourinho has been banned for four matches by Uefa for confronting English referee Anthony Taylor after the Europa League final.

Both clubs also faced several charges over their fans' and players' conduct during the match.

Roma have also been banned from selling tickets to their travelling fans for one European game next season and fined 55,000 euros (£47,300) after they were charged with throwing of objects, lighting of fireworks and improper conduct of their team.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/65978889

• Options
    I was at the Emirates for a gig at the weekend. I was merrily taking an earned wee wee, when this fella started tapping my shoulder. "Oi mate, what team do you support? It's Arsenal innit". He then continued to tell me that West Ham were Champions of Europe, undefeated too!
    I tried to explain the Conference League to him, but he wasn't having any of it. He was sticking to his guns, i half expected him to tell me West Ham had finished as runners up in Euro 2020.

West Ham fans are going to dine out on this for the next 60 years, while everyone else will have forgotten by August.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    It might take their minds off them winning the World Cup in 66.