Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

2022-23 UEFA Europa & Europa Conference League

Comments

• Options
    Will Moyes become the first manager to be sacked despite winning a European trophy?

I can't see West Ham winning the Sevilla Cup.
    Different competition 
  • Options
    Will Moyes become the first manager to be sacked despite winning a European trophy?

Sevilla are kings of the Europa league. West ham are in the (much worse) Europa conference league.
  • Options

Different competition 

That's the reason I can't see West ham winning the Sevilla cup !

The Hammers have a good chance in the Also-rans Conference with AZ Alkmaar in the semi and possibly Fiorentina in the Final if they see off Basel or Nice.
  • Options
    West Ham fans must be loving it as they've had some great away days. In the knock outs they've been to Cyprus, Belgium and now get to go to Holland.

Then the final if they get there is in Prague (although the stadium only holds 19k so hardly any chance of most fans getting a ticket). 

On that note, i know it's the lesser of all the Euro competitions but holding a final in a 19k stadium is stupid. Especially as the sides who reach the final of this competition will quite likely not have had much (or any) European success and will have loads of fans wanting to go to a final.
    Agreed, an odd choice of stadium. It's as if UEFA are trying to downplay their own competition
  • Options
    edited April 2023

Europa League quarter-final draw

Manchester United v Sevilla

Juventus v Sporting Lisbon

Bayer Leverkusen v Union Saint-Gilloise

Feyenoord v Roma

Europa League semi-final draw

Juventus or Sporting Lisbon v Manchester United or Sevilla

Feyenoord or Roma v Bayer Leverkusen or Union Saint-Gilloise

Europa Conference League quarter-final draw

Lech Poznan v Fiorentina

Gent v West Ham

AZ Alkmaar v Anderlecht

Basel v Nice

Europa Conference League semi-final draw

Lech Poznan or Fiorentina v Basel or Nice

Gent or West Ham v AZ Alkmaar or Anderlecht

Europa:

Juventus v Sevilla
    Roma v Leverkusen

Conference:

Fiorentina v Basel
    West Ham v AZ Alkmaar
  • Options

Sevilla are kings of the Europa league. West ham are in the (much worse) Europa conference league.
    Didn’t West Ham get to the semi final of that competition last year?….beating Seville in the process I believe 
  • Options
    Funny walking into the bar this morning for my coffee, and the waiter looked at me, raised his eyebrows and said 'why do they persist with Maguire?'

My reply that he was beyond mere United resident, and was a go to defender for the national team raised a smile. 

A bit like Charlton's performance at ipswich, that game in Seville last night was so poor from Man Utd it seems unfair to poit a finger at any one player when they were schooled, but I'm sure more than one United fan this morning will be drawing comparisons between the mistakes Maguire makes and our very own Ryan Inniss. And yes, the first one was also created by De Gea who's hospital pass was a thing of beauty for the Seville attackers.

....over to you Leuth  :)
  • Options

Its not the same competition.
  • Options
    Well, Keith Burkinshaw resigned from Spurs after winning the UEFA Cup in 1984, because the then chairman wanted a say in what players were bought and sold.  So in this day and age, Burkinshaw probably could say he had a constructive dismissal case.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    I still can't believe how poor United were last night.
  • Options
    I still can't believe how poor United were last night.
    I can, English football has been in decline this season, Man City the best team by far, with Arsenal showing spirit and youthful exuberance to challenge them for the title, but when the rest have been so poor domestically it was bound to show up in Europe too.

Of the 12 semi finalists:
    5 are from Italy
    2 from Spain
    2 from England
    1 from Germany
    1 from The Netherlands
    1 from Switzerland

Italian players weren't at the World Cup this year too, maybe their domestic teams benefited slightly from that too
  • Options
    Two of our CL teams this season, Chelsea and Liverpool have been really poor all round.
  • Options
    Roma and Mourinho follow up winning the Europa Conference League last year by making the final of the Europa League this season. 

West Ham are into the final of this seasons Europa Conference League. 
  • Options
    Is the Conference final in a tiny stadium? A real shame for the fans
  • Options
    Sheff W game 100 x better than the W Ham game.
  • Options
    Fiorentina just scored in the 129th minute to get to the final.
  • Options
    Seville in the final again. Yawn. Still, having watched them get there over and over again, at least it'll add interest to the final as I'll be behind whoever they are playing.
  • Options
    Is the Conference final in a tiny stadium? A real shame for the fans
    Fortuna Arena in Prague. 19,000 capacity.
  • Options
    Italy have a (albeit slim) chance of winning all 3 European cups this season, mental
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    edited May 2023
    AZ fans cause trouble in the stands after losing to West Ham

English fans are only ever the problem though!!

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/65642241
  • Options
    edited May 2023
    Just read about fighting in the Alkmaar stadium. Did wonder about possible trouble at the match after seeing a bloke in Millwall shirt, supporting Alkmaar.

• Options
    Declan Rice was once again phenomenal tonight. Easily one of the best midfielders this country has ever produced. 
  • Options
    Just seen all the footage of the AZ Alkmaar ‘ultras’ (I hate that word) storming the players family area after the game.

Fair fecks to those West Ham lads at the top of the stairs, doing the stewards/police jobs for them.

Awful scenes.

It really does seem the Dutch authorities have no control of their risk groups. Be interesting to see what sanctions (if any) they face after this debacle.

Don’t think those Irons will ever have to buy a pint again.
  • Options
    No idea if AZ had any kind of reputation for trouble but if they did then it's pretty much ruined this morning, as they'll now be a laughing stock. 50 or so idiots all dressed in black couldn't fight their way past 2 big West ham fans on the stairs.

West Ham should give free final tickets to those guys defending the family enclosure.
  • Options
    Heard them referring to something similar but with West Ham fans last week, but I haven't seen anything reported on that ?
  • Options
    No idea if AZ had any kind of reputation for trouble but if they did then it's pretty much ruined this morning, as they'll now be a laughing stock. 50 or so idiots all dressed in black couldn't fight their way past 2 big West ham fans on the stairs.

West Ham should give free final tickets to those guys defending the family enclosure.
    Ha ha - just seen one fat bloke holding off the Alkmaar fans
  • Options
    MrOneLung said:
    Heard them referring to something similar but with West Ham fans last week, but I haven't seen anything reported on that ?
    A dutch journalist/football expert was interviewed by Brazil & McCoist on Talksport this morning, apparently something happened at the London Stadium that didn't go down too well with the Dutchies and hadn't been well publicised and Brazil said he'd heard the same...  even so, no bloody need for it.  I discovered a new found respect for West Ham and their players piling into the stand like that.
    Declan Rice was once again phenomenal tonight. Easily one of the best midfielders this country has ever produced. 
    3-4 years ago, I couldn't see what you could clearly see.  I couldn't see the fuss at all.  Blimey, he's properly blossomed into one hell of a midfielder now.  Now, I'll say this while I'm at it.  I couldn't bloody believe it when Paqueta went there in the summer.  I was hoping Spurs were going to go for him.  He was brilliant at Lyon (ironically, his partnership with Ndombele at Lyon was their heartbeat and I has a vision of them turning it on at Spurs).  He's looking like he's finally found his feet and has settled now and he's going to be a force to be reckoned with next season.
  • Options
    Videos are absolutely mental, the 2 geezers in there 50s were absolute units, pinging the Dutch blokes for fun on the stairs lol.
  • Options
    MrOneLung said:

Ha ha - just seen one fat bloke holding off the Alkmaar fans
    He's fighting Tyson Fury at the O2 next month