Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

2022-23 UEFA Europa & Europa Conference League

Comments

• Options
    Chuffed for Moyes and West Ham, like a few have said me and my dad enjoyed Upton park after Palace. A trophy is a trophy and many many players go a whole career without winning a thing so I can't begrudge thieir win. 
    like Harry Kane at the monent?
  • Options
    looking for the upside 
    spurs and scum fans annoyed 

i'm staying in for a while

it's a minge of a trophy , oh great you get to enter the comp you nearly won last year ... big deal  cnuts
  • Options
    anyone who stood in the away end at upton park late eighties would have more than likely been close to receiving a coin in the head 
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Good for them.
  • Options
    My sister’s in Florence atm and she messaged me to say they managed to find a little bar with no football on for the evening but is now about to brave the crowds and head back to the hotel. 
  • Options
    edited June 2023
    the papa johns conference league lol

Barcelona/Juve/Man C under 21's eyeing up next years entry haha
  • Options
    Delighted for Moyes.
    Now tell ‘em to poke it & go to Celtic.

😜
  • Options
    Rothko said:
    Fair play, well deserved. The right number of European trophies is 3, and this shouldn’t be treated like a poor thing to win 
    I agree. That was the beauty of the cup winners cup - you actually had to do something to qualify other than finish 7th in the league...
  • Options
    Rothko said:
    Fair play, well deserved. The right number of European trophies is 3, and this shouldn’t be treated like a poor thing to win 
    I agree. That was the beauty of the cup winners cup - you actually had to do something to qualify other than finish 7th in the league...
    It’s a shame that football is so messed up that the only clubs who can realistically challenge for “major” honours are those who spend hundreds of millions in transfer fees every year.

If you can be the best of the rest and get the Conference League, then you’re still the envy of practically every fan outside of the big 6. 
  • Options
    cafctom said:
    Rothko said:
    It’s a shame that football is so messed up that the only clubs who can realistically challenge for “major” honours are those who spend hundreds of millions in transfer fees every year.

If you can be the best of the rest and get the Conference League, then you’re still the envy of practically every fan outside of the big 6. 
    plenty of teams can play for major honours - the FA cup, League cup, Coppa Italia Copa del Ray etc 

it's shame they lost their meaning when you could win a place in a European competition by coming 7th.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    edited June 2023
    cafctom said:
    Rothko said:

plenty of teams can play for major honours - the FA cup, League cup, Coppa Italia Copa del Ray etc 

it's shame they lost their meaning when you could win a place in a European competition by coming 7th.
    Yes and the likes of Manchester City, Chelsea, Real Madrid and Man Utd can also play for domestic trophies which are effectively bought with the same outrageous sums of money - with the only importance placed on them seemingly being when they are part of a treble/quadruple attempt. 

That’s one of a number of reasons the FA/League Cups feel devalued, and have been long, long before the Conference League even existed.

It’s not West Ham’s fault the game is fucked. 

• Options
    always support English teams in Europe (never understand those who don't)
    So hypothetically if millwall or palarse got to a European final??
  • Options
    cafctom said:
    cafctom said:
    Rothko said:

Yes and the likes of Manchester City, Chelsea, Real Madrid and Man Utd can also play for domestic trophies which are effectively bought with the same outrageous sums of money - with the only importance placed on them seemingly being when they are part of a treble/quadruple attempt. 

That’s one of a number of reasons the FA/League Cups feel devalued, and have been long, long before the Conference League even existed.

sorry I'm not really arguing from a place of honesty here. I just fucking hate West Ham fans - I work with so many gobby pricks that I am not looking forward to seeing tomorrow. I have heard so much crap this past week and i'm not prepared or ready for what i'm walking into tomorrow.
  • Options
    honestly no offence to any lurking west ham fans but a bigger bunch of big time charley arseholes I have never met. I have a spotless sickness record but i'm genuinely considering it for the next six months because they are fucking unbearable
  • Options
    anyone who stood in the away end at upton park late eighties would have more than likely been close to receiving a coin in the head 
    Tbf, nowadays I find they think we're alright.  A mutual dislike of the scanners.
  • Options
    CAFCTrev said:
    always support English teams in Europe (never understand those who don't)
    So hypothetically if millwall or palarse got to a European final??
    You f***** him there mate!
  • Options
    cafctom said:
    cafctom said:
    Rothko said:

sorry I'm not really arguing from a place of honesty here. I just fucking hate West Ham fans - I work with so many gobby pricks that I am not looking forward to seeing tomorrow. I have heard so much crap this past week and i'm not prepared or ready for what i'm walking into tomorrow.
    Take no notice, they were not in Prague.
  • Options
    cafctom said:
    cafctom said:
    Rothko said:

Take no notice, they were not in Prague.
    can we vote to make them stay there please?
  • Options
    honestly no offence to any lurking west ham fans but a bigger bunch of big time charley arseholes I have never met. I have a spotless sickness record but i'm genuinely considering it for the next six months because they are fucking unbearable
    I name those fans in Spurs