Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

2022-23 UEFA Europa & Europa Conference League

Comments

• Options
    Also seen Paqueta and Cresswell (?) getting in there as well swinging punches

Fair play to them - the stewards more intent on stopping the West Ham players than going anywhere near to AZ fans

• Options
    WH fans given an allocation of 5000 tickets for the Final, why choose a stadium with only a 20000 capacity with 5000 seats going to sponsors etc.
  • Options
    MrOneLung said:
    No idea if AZ had any kind of reputation for trouble but if they did then it's pretty much ruined this morning, as they'll now be a laughing stock. 50 or so idiots all dressed in black couldn't fight their way past 2 big West ham fans on the stairs.

West Ham should give free final tickets to those guys defending the family enclosure.
    Ha ha - just seen one fat bloke holding off the Alkmaar fans
    Fella was like Hodor.

Fair play.
  • Options
    Dansk_Red said:
    WH fans given an allocation of 5000 tickets for the Final, why choose a stadium with only a 20000 capacity with 5000 seats going to sponsors etc.
    Its an absolute joke of a choice. Prague has an excellent metro system yet that stadium isnt near one. And the centre will be full of hamsters with no tickets for 3 days or so. Great. 
  • Options
    Sevilla v Roma about to kick off in the Europa League Final.

As well as a European trophy, a place in next seasons Champions League is up for grabs. Neither team will qualify via their league positions.

Sevilla tying to win it for the 7th time (and the 4th time in 10 years).
    Roma aiming to win a European trophy in back to back seasons.
  • Options
    Vaguely supporting Roma, as I'm tired of Seville winning it, but watching the diving, desperate calling for cards, and the theatrical penalty which just got overturned,  I hope they both lose.
  • Options
    Jose making defensive subs, he loves it.

Wins this he goes to the most successful European trophy manager on 6.
  • Options
    edited May 2023
    Bubbling over towards the end of extra time here. Mourinho getting involved with the Sevilla bench... bit of a masterclass in killing the clock.
  • Options
    Watched Britain, and many other parts of the World for that matter, has no talent with the wife and am now watching the extra time which looks pretty shite! What an evening!
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    edited May 2023
    Bubbling over towards the end of extra time here. Mourinho getting involved with the Sevilla bench... bit of a masterclass in killing the clock.
    I say that but they've just added 6 (six!) minutes of stoppages from a 15 minute half!
  • Options
    They're still playing 11 minutes later...
  • Options
    Penalties it is
  • Options
    Depressing night of football unless you enjoy watching gamesmanship.
  • Options
    Mourinho subbing all his attacking players off, Sevilla subbing them all on, surely these penalties only go one way
  • Options
    Sevilla win the Sevilla cup.
  • Options
    2 central defenders taking penalties and missing them for Roma, you'd imagine that should have been Dybala and Abraham if Mourinho didn't sub them off. 
  • Options
    Sevilla win 4-1 on penalties.

Like the World Cup final, Gonzalo Montiel tucks away the winning penalty.
  • Options
    Sevilla win the Europa League / UEFA Cup for the 7th time in the last 18 years. Crazy record.
  • Options
    Why encroach on a shoot out penalty?
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    G'wan Eric Lamela!  G'wan Sevilla.

Oh and fuck off Jose x
  • Options
    Most people were saying they didn't care who won, i am not a big Mourinho fan (used to be), also Roma as a club so was more than happy with the result, incredible achievement 7 times and 3 on penalties, fairytale stuff. Even more so as they have to start in Champions league to do it again lol  
  • Options
    edited June 2023
    Notice that there are three Argentinians in the Fiorentina and West Ham squads for the Conference Final

None of them were involved in the World Cup though, otherwise they'd potentially have a clean sweep but have to make do with

World Cup | Champions League | Europa League
  • Options
    Game wasn't great and think the least worst team won..so not saying much but i still enjoyed it. Maybe I'm strange!
  • Options
    WHAddick said:
    Game wasn't great and think the least worst team won..so not saying much but i still enjoyed it. Maybe I'm strange!
    The 100+ cards helped with the drama and also the extra time similar to world cup, always brings a lot of drama
  • Options
    Yes agreed Johnny
  • Options
    So, who wants West Ham to win or lose tonight?
  • Options
    So, who wants West Ham to win or lose tonight?
    Prefer them to lose. Not a proper competition so don’t really care. Completely different to last season when they went deep in the Europa league. Think they will get beat but won’t be watching anyway. 

• Options
    Half don't care as above, but equally don't really want them to win, horrible club, horrible fans. So probably lose ideally, but not the end of the world if they win as its worse than Carabao cup
  • Options
    Half don't care as above, but equally don't really want them to win, horrible club, horrible fans. So probably lose ideally, but not the end of the world if they win as its worse than Carabao cup
    If they win they're into the Europa league though, same as Liverpool, Roma, Ajax, Sporting etc so the competition isn't as bad as everyone makes out. They'll qualify straight into the group stage as well.