Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

2022-23 UEFA Europa & Europa Conference League

Comments

• Options
    Charlton fans will be shooting their load when we win the Johnny painting pizza cup 
  • Options
    edited June 2023
    honestly no offence to any lurking west ham fans but a bigger bunch of big time charley arseholes I have never met. I have a spotless sickness record but i'm genuinely considering it for the next six months because they are fucking unbearable
    I name those fans in Spurs 
    i live in probably the biggest spurs town outside of north london - trust me - the west ham ones are the biggest big mouth arseholes when they win...

come to think of it, "when they win" lol makes sense now

seriously though... it's got to the point recently that i've even shared a laugh with the Millwall  of the office *internal vomit*
  • Options
    CAFCTrev said:
    always support English teams in Europe (never understand those who don't)
    So hypothetically if millwall or palarse got to a European final??
    Whilst the bar does come across as pretty low for the UK representative in the Eurovision song contest, it’s not that low
  • Options
    Pleased for the decent West Ham fans, a few arseholes made twats of themselves, every club (including us) has them. I thought Fiorentina tried every trick in the book to get West Ham down to ten men from minute one, and the male assistant referee was abysmal - the foul on Antonio in the first half right in front of him that he ignored???  He should be running the line in the Venice under 16s league at best next year.

Great cool finish from Bowen under stacks of pressure. 

Well done Hammers.    
  • Options
    edited June 2023
    cafctom said:
    They’re an English club made up of decent fans, who by and large are not glory hunters like most in the Prem, and they’re having the night of their lives. Good on them I say. 

Usual suspects will try and discredit it to try and get a bit of attention, but says more about them than anything. 
    had to laugh at the decent fans, i know a few and have family  who support them, joke right? 

Other than that, well done. I didn't really want them to win, but equally not to fussed. Their fans acted scummy early on, Florentina were slightly the better side but a lovely goal to knick it. 

Although it seems a pointless competition, the fact it gives them a Europa spot and a trophy I'd be happy in their shoes. 

Still a horrible club, horrible fans. I never used to hate them but a combination of the Tevez saga and just how their fans are makes me dislike them.

PS - Couldn't care about Moyes, but happy for Rice to get his silverware as a send off and Bowen who has done so well. great composure at the end.
  • Options
    edited June 2023
    Had a quick look through the local media this morning. The Czech Interior Minister (one of the better ones, IMO) is reporting that more Italian  than West Ham fans were arrested, and local Plod Twitter has only one image to display (typical Czech plod pose, btw), and again they are saying that Italian fans attacked West Ham fans in a bar, which, perplexingly, seems to have spilled over into a shoe-shop :D . It's obvious the stadium was far too small for such a game, but I don't think a bigger stadium would have stopped this stuff going on.

• Sponsored links:

• Options
    Had a quick look through the local media this morning. The Czech Interior Minister (one of the better ones, IMO) is reporting that more Italian  than West Ham fans were arrested, and local Plod Twitter has only one image to display (typical Czech plod pose, btw), and again they are saying that Italian fans attacked West Ham fans in a bar, which, perplexingly, seems to have spilled over into a shoe-shop :D . It's obvious the stadium was far too small for such a game, but I don't think a bigger stadium would have stopped this stuff going on.

Saw this last night and it's one of the most bizarre things i've seen. The store looks too immaculate for there to have been any trouble inside it, so why did they decide to take them in there for a photo?

Maybe for the embarrassment factor, look at these tough guys on the floor of a women's shoe shop.
  • Options
    JohnBoyUK said:
    Genuinely pleased for them.

The f*cking limbs behind that goal when Bowen scored.  Stuff that dreams are made of.  Happy for all my West Ham mates who I seemed to have attracted over the years, some who go home and away.  While they were celebrating, my thoughts turned to my great 'uncle' Jim.  Well, he was my aunts Dad, who was a season ticket holder at Upton Park for 70 years before he passed away, just before they moved to the Olympic Stadium.  He would have loved last night.  

Was heart-warming to see Moyes and his old man last night.  Proper special moment.

The other part of me is seriously f*cked off lol.  Levy's fault.  Prick.
    He would've absolutely hated the new stadium though!
  • Options

Saw this last night and it's one of the most bizarre things i've seen. The store looks too immaculate for there to have been any trouble inside it, so why did they decide to take them in there for a photo?

Maybe for the embarrassment factor, look at these tough guys on the floor of a women's shoe shop.
    Probably because they had no sole!

I'll get me coat. 
  • Options
    West Ham winning as really irked palace fans on social media, few of them having a go at parish for no ambition and finishing mid table every year.... well done West Ham
    Delusions of grandeur! 
  • Options

They heard there were stillettos in there, and thought they could get tooled up... 
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    West Ham winning as really irked palace fans on social media, few of them having a go at parish for no ambition and finishing mid table every year.... well done West Ham
    yep just like the Curbishley out brigade , every club with the vociferous fucktard few
  • Options
    well that was a huge let down. 

still this Micky mouse tournament means nothing. we are the champions of London, that's all that matters. 
  • Options
    I'm another who can't understand the enthusiasm for seeing Charlton getting knocked out of cups by some of our own fans. Are we so successfull we can pick and choose now? And writing off winning the smaller of the European cups as a mickey mouse tournament. Wildly exagenated response. So some fans would find battling through a tournament in europe and winning it daft, as we have more important stuff like Fleetwood and Shrewsbury to get on with, Riiight,
  • Options
    I'm another who can't understand the enthusiasm for seeing Charlton getting knocked out of cups by some of our own fans. Are we so successfull we can pick and choose now? And writing off winning the smaller of the European cups as a mickey mouse tournament. Wildly exagenated response. So some fans would find battling through a tournament in europe and winning it daft, as we have more important stuff like Fleetwood and Shrewsbury to get on with, Riiight,
    Exactly, KS. 
  • Options
    Also worth noting that throughout the tournament, they made £13.1m in prize money, as well as getting a guaranteed £3.17m for making next seasons Europa group stage. And that's before you factor in gate receipts and everything else.

Obviously a drop in the ocean compared the PL money but still a decent sum.
    Sadly the financial calculation is then countered by the significant drop in PL "prize money" for finishing much lower. The riches of the PL have really distorted things.

On the other hand, many players, especially those from abroad, may consider European football a key reason for joining a club. Not being in the Champions League will hurt Liverpool in that regard, and not being in Europe at all will surely hurt Spurs.
  • Options
    Also worth noting that throughout the tournament, they made £13.1m in prize money, as well as getting a guaranteed £3.17m for making next seasons Europa group stage. And that's before you factor in gate receipts and everything else.

Obviously a drop in the ocean compared the PL money but still a decent sum.
    Sadly the financial calculation is then countered by the significant drop in PL "prize money" for finishing much lower. The riches of the PL have really distorted things.

On the other hand, many players, especially those from abroad, may consider European football a key reason for joining a club. Not being in the Champions League will hurt Liverpool in that regard, and not being in Europe at all will surely hurt Spurs.
    Their estimated PL earnings for finishing 14th are 141m. Brighton in 6th have an estimated 159m.

So West ham have made far more when everything else is factored in (gate receipts, match day food/drink/merchandise etc)
  • Options
    My response was a joke. I would give up champions of London for a European trophy. Even if it's a bit Micky mouse.