Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Miles Leaburn - 2023-4 season

Comments

• DubaiCAFC said:
    He is going to be a top player. We will do very lucky to keep him in the summer. A lot of the top clubs are looking at him. Not just as a development player, but someone that can push next year. He is certainly the best player in a while
    That’s the problem. One of if not the best English teenager in football today.
    Once again Sandgaard got it wrong about him in July 2022. Pound to a penny he is on his way directly the season is over. 5 million with add ons. Not had a young striker like him since Watson that went to play for Sheffield Wed and Southampton. Both local lads.
    I'm all for praising the kid but i think that's going a bit too far.
  • we must keep him for at least one more season, otherwise it shows we are a club that has lost all ambition .. having said that, I started the 'Brighton Transfer' topic by talking about a £50 Million price tag .. any club comes up with that, then .....
  • I think £10m is very optimistic.
  • I honestly wonder if he even stays in this country? I could see a Bundesliga side taking a £5m punt on him. 
    Shouldn’t that be the point though. Let’s just put the ownership isssues to one side for a second. We want to be pushing promotion next season, Miles helps us do that. 

Look at the £500m Chelsea have spent in the last 12 months (and they still didn’t find a striker) in that market, with all he has, we should be demanding that from teams. 

I’d rather no amount though and watch him become a real club hero by getting us promoted with his very talented peers who’ve come through this season.
  • MarcusH26 said:
    I honestly wonder if he even stays in this country? I could see a Bundesliga side taking a £5m punt on him. 
    Very much fits a Dortmund profile.
  • MarcusH26 said:
    I honestly wonder if he even stays in this country? I could see a Bundesliga side taking a £5m punt on him. 
    There was interest in January from europe but I don't think the timing was right at the time
  • Swisdom said:
    MarcusH26 said:
    There was interest in January from europe but I don't think the timing was right at the time

Makes sense. Not surprised theres been European interest given they've been quite proactive in signing young English talent. 
  • Sponsored links:

• MarcusH26 said:
    The Germans can go and do one.
  • If he goes this season, it should be for at least £1m per goal scored, hopefully he’ll get another 8 or more.
  • edited April 2023
    Most clubs would be clever enough to get at least £10m for him with a big sell on clause but unfortunately that’s not us.

In the current transfer market, a 6’5 19 year old who can win headers, hold up the ball, press well with good pace for a big man, run with the ball at his feet and beat defenders with skill, finish with both feet and find himself in excellent goal scoring positions is worth a lot of money, even though he’s nowhere near the finished article yet. 
    Probably but it shouldn’t be.
    Up front, definitely. Maybe with add-ons, but some of those will be probably far-fetched targets.

I think more realistic would maybe double (or perhaps triple) what we got for Burstow, a loan back for a year (far from certain as any club signing him may see him as already Championship level and want him tested there), a healthy sell on %, and a few extra quid from performance/appearance based add-ons.

Right now, he's still a one season wonder. I think he's the real deal, but another season with us a 20+ goals would cement that reputation and really drive his value up, but even then I don't if you're getting 10 million for a League One player - did even Ivan Toney command that kind of fee?
    Up front, definitely. Maybe with add-ons, but some of those will be probably far-fetched targets.

I think more realistic would maybe double (or perhaps triple) what we got for Burstow, a loan back for a year (far from certain as any club signing him may see him as already Championship level and want him tested there), a healthy sell on %, and a few extra quid from performance/appearance based add-ons.

Right now, he's still a one season wonder. I think he's the real deal, but another season with us a 20+ goals would cement that reputation and really drive his value up, but even then I don't if you're getting 10 million for a League One player - did even Ivan Toney command that kind of fee?
    5 million, going up to 10 with add ons according to Wikipedia. 

Great bit of business for Brentford. 
  • Why am I thinking he has a price tag limit in his contract (can’t remember wtf the proper wording is ) like Joe Gomez,  so we only got £3.5m for him, rendering all these figure’s irrelevant ..
    or am I making this up
  • Why am I thinking he has a price tag limit in his contract (can’t remember wtf the proper wording is ) like Joe Gomez,  so we only got £3.5m for him, rendering all these figure’s irrelevant ..
    or am I making this up
    A release clause at a certain point where he can talk to other clubs. Highly likely he has one and you’re probably right in that it is less than his market value would be now.

TS could of course get round that by offering him a new contract with a higher wage and higher release clause
  • We’ll get £2.5M for him and pretend it’s a great deal. 
  • Sponsored links:

• edited April 2023
    Why am I thinking he has a price tag limit in his contract (can’t remember wtf the proper wording is ) like Joe Gomez,  so we only got £3.5m for him, rendering all these figure’s irrelevant ..
    or am I making this up
    I'd be very surprised, both because of who his parents are, but more importantly because when he signed the contract, he wasn't really on the radar of the top clubs unlike Gomez who had been an England youth international through the age groups.

I think you're imagining it!
  • Will sign for newly promoted Millwall for 5mil and keep them in the Prem
  • Dazzler21 said:
    But will he be back for Brighton?
    Might be back for Brighton in August.
  • Swisdom said:
    DubaiCAFC said:
    He is going to be a top player. We will do very lucky to keep him in the summer. A lot of the top clubs are looking at him. Not just as a development player, but someone that can push next year. He is certainly the best player in a while
    Once again Sandgaard got it wrong about him in July 2022. Pound to a penny he is on his way directly the season is over. 5 million with add ons. Not had a young striker like him since Watson that went to play for Sheffield Wed and Southampton. Both local lads.
    It's actually not.  The Spurs scout said "he is the most sought after player in Europe for what he offers".

YES there are some outstanding players out there but none that can play as a lone striker, as a teenager, with his strength, pace and touch.  He really is quite different.  Not too dissimilar to the chap at Brighton - Evan Ferguson who is in the £10m bracket already.  Though Ferguson is not 6'5" (admittedly he is fucking good though).

I honestly think £5m is not enough for the potential you are going to get with Miles.  He is a relatively cheap punt for a reaasonable sized Premier League team even at £10m but at £5m we will have a queue of tams sniffing around.
    I'm not questioning his ability or his potential. As Harry Redknapp said in that famous Frank Lampard clip at a West ham supporters meeting "he will go right to the very top".

I'm questioning the 'best English teenager in football today' comment. Jude Bellingham is the same age. 
  • edited April 2023
    @Swisdom Do you know why Chelsea let him go? Seems unlikely they would've done had he been 6'6 at the time no? Still seems like an odd one given that he apparently had 24 teams after him upon release.
  • Chunes said:
    @Swisdom Do you know why Chelsea let him go? Seems unlikely they would've done had he been 6'6 at the time no? Still seems like an odd one given that he apparently had 24 teams after him upon release.
    100 players ahead of him?

maybe being part of an academy of that size, he wasnt progressing and has only developed as a player since he has been here?
  • Swisdom said:
    DubaiCAFC said:
    It's actually not.  The Spurs scout said "he is the most sought after player in Europe for what he offers".

YES there are some outstanding players out there but none that can play as a lone striker, as a teenager, with his strength, pace and touch.  He really is quite different.  Not too dissimilar to the chap at Brighton - Evan Ferguson who is in the £10m bracket already.  Though Ferguson is not 6'5" (admittedly he is fucking good though).

I honestly think £5m is not enough for the potential you are going to get with Miles.  He is a relatively cheap punt for a reaasonable sized Premier League team even at £10m but at £5m we will have a queue of tams sniffing around.
    I'm not questioning his ability or his potential. As Harry Redknapp said in that famous Frank Lampard clip at a West ham supporters meeting "he will go right to the very top".

I'm questioning the 'best English teenager in football today' comment. Jude Bellingham is the same age. 
    The important bit is about "for what he offers".  As a striker there aren't many like him.

Bellingham is just a freak and I'm so glad he's English