Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Miles Leaburn - 2023-4 season

Comments

• Brereton Diaz is off to Villareal so they'll be sniffing strikers 
  • If Miles goes to either, Blackburn, Luton or Millwall then his advisors are daft, which they’re not. They’ll be be bigger fish in the chase and I doubt Villa will get him either. Despite his unbelievable potential, at this point that still all it is. Premier league clubs can easily afford the punt but he isn’t ready for PL yet. He’ll be bought and loaned to either Champioship or us in league one. 
  • Of course, everybody has a price. That price should not be within Millwall or Luton's capabilities though.
    Agreed. I can see 3 options

1) He stays. I imagine we'll give him a better contract as well, so that he's tied up for longer
    2) A rich Championship club buys him, and he'll be part of their first team squad. A Soton for example, with parachute payments and money from selling Ward-Prowse etc
    3) A PL club buys him as an investment in the future. He may go out on loan, or stay with their U21s for half a season.
  • I'd be very surprised if he's still here next season and wouldn't expect to get much over £5 million for him. Although his family are Charlton you can't turn down an offer from a club that play at a much better level that will likely ten fold your wages
  • edited April 2023
    Didn't we get £15m for Karlan Grant based on half a good season in league 1 in a great team? Yet we're saying £5m maximum for a striker who has played in a much worse side and similar amount of goals with less amount of starts is the top end we'll get? 

If he goes it's got to be around the £10m mark at least with add ons! 
  • Sponsored links:

• If they were interested then the best move would Brighton, would pay the money & don’t rush players. The often loan them back too which wouldn’t be a bad thing! 
  • Didn't we get £15m for Karlan Grant based on half a good season in league 1 in a great team? Yet we're saying £5m maximum for a striker who has played in a much worse side and similar amount of goals with less amount of starts is the top end we'll get? 

Don’t think so. 
    You may be thinking of Lookman around
    10 million but that was with Ronald Koeman as Evertons manager.
  • Didn't we get £15m for Karlan Grant based on half a good season in league 1 in a great team? Yet we're saying £5m maximum for a striker who has played in a much worse side and similar amount of goals with less amount of starts is the top end we'll get? 

Think you might be getting transfers mixed up. Huddersfield sold him to West Brom for 15m.

https://talksport.com/football/484773/charlton-striker-karlan-grant-huddersfield-undisclosed-fee/

"Jan 30, 2019 — Charlton striker Karlan Grant has joined Huddersfield Town for an undisclosed fee believed to be in the region of £2million."

https://www.skysports.com/football/news/11698/12105141/karlan-grant-west-brom-complete-signing-of-striker-from-huddersfield-on-six-year-deal

"Oct 15, 2020 — Sky Sports News reported on Wednesday the two clubs had agreed a fee worth around £15m, bringing an end to negotiations which had been ..."
  • I could see Brentford making a move for him, with the view to him being in their first team within a couple of years. 

Brentford feels like a logical move. Not a huge amount of strikers in their squad and no idea on Toneys potential ban length yet. 

Didn't we get 1.5m?
  • I personally don’t think there will be a line of prem clubs wanting to buy him and talk on here about getting £20m for him is fantasy 
    At around £3 million, which is what I think we’re looking at there will be quite a number of Prem clubs having a sniff. He’ll already be on the radar of every single one of them to some extent. He’ll also be on the radar of a third at least of all Championship clubs thinking they might be able to get him on the cheap. Can’t see him anywhere else next season other than at a PL club then out on loan. Hopefully Charlton could build that into any deal but we’d lose some cash as a result. I think Brentford is a good shout. 
  • I personally don’t think there will be a line of prem clubs wanting to buy him and talk on here about getting £20m for him is fantasy 
    At around £3 million, which is what I think we’re looking at there will be quite a number of Prem clubs having a sniff. He’ll already be on the radar of every single one of them to some extent. He’ll also be on the radar of a third at least of all Championship clubs thinking they might be able to get him on the cheap. Can’t see him anywhere else next season other than at a PL club then out on loan. Hopefully Charlton could build that into any deal but we’d lose some cash as a result. I think Brentford is a good shout. 
    I suppose that the best approach (purely in getting the most money, not best for him/us sense) would be to set an absolute bare minimum of say 3-4 million and try to fire up an auction.

Should flush out some of the Championship teams at least and maybe drive the value up a bit.
  • edited April 2023
    I personally don’t think there will be a line of prem clubs wanting to buy him and talk on here about getting £20m for him is fantasy 
    Totally agree. There aren't too many 19/20 year old strikers doing the rounds in the Prem. Of old I can really only think of  Michael Owen & currently Rashford. Big names with big teams. 

My guess is that Miles will end up in the Championship with the likes of Stoke or Birmingham. 
  • Sponsored links:

• Show Todd Boehly some of the stats and we will have £100m plus he'll buy the valley and sparrows lane back for us.
  • Show Todd Boehly some of the stats and we will have £100m plus he'll buy the valley and sparrows lane back for us.
    Chelsea only buy attacking midfielders, so expect a £20m bid for Jack Payne instead
  • If he is sold, we are going to get a few Million at best. Nowhere near 5m or 10m or laughably even 15m
  • edited April 2023
    If it's less than five, I would be very disappointed. That's nothing to a Premier League club these days.

Fifteen is fanciful but hoping for as close to ten as possible. Miles is a natural goalscorer and he's English, both of those things come at a premium.
  • And all this is what makes supporting Charlton so dispiriting these days.

We get good young players coming through and can hold on to them for less than a year.

No doubt Ness, Mitchell and maybe Maynard-Brewer will follow him out of the door soon after.

As regards where Leaburn goes, I wonder if Palace will come in with a cheeky bid when Rak-Sakyi reports back to them what a good prospect Leaburn is.
  • How are we ever going to progress with anyone who does well gets sold on
    if he does go to Villa he will either be loaned out or in the under 21s as he isn't premiership level yet it's a wonder palace are not in the mix to sign him
  • Several fantasy posts on here.

He'll never go to Millwall, at least not directly, as they won't pay the money and his family and hopefully he knows better than that.

However even if we got £5m for him it would be a miracle, he's not worth anything like £10m+
  • If it's less than five, I would be very disappointed. That's nothing to a Premier League club these days.

Fifteen is fanciful but hoping for as close to ten as possible. Miles is a natural goalscorer and he's English, both of those things come at a premium.
    And he's 6ft 5. Haaland has made big no 9s fashionable again
  • Well Derek Hales started it coming from Luton in 1972? No better goal scorer for Charlton
    Killer , Killer.