Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

+++Conor McGrandles signs a three year deal+++

Comments

• Options
    He was MK Dons young player of the year in 18/19.  Wasn't Gilbey their POTY the same year?
  • Options
    mendonca said:
    Got injured in their last game of season. Hopefully all good now :)
    I noticed that - knee ligament damage, dunno what the prognosis is.   

Conor McGrandles passed the medical at cafc and stated the disabled sticker on his car was for his Nan.
    I haven't recovered from Gary Rowett yet!  I assume he passed his medical at Charlton - lasted 13 games - such a good player too.
  • Options
    If this signing means Dobson is going I won't be too pleased. 
    If it means Morgan is going then great  .
    Also so far all our 4 signings have been on a free.
    Hopefully money in the bank for a decent striker. 
  • Options
    @Boom @Off_it Jnr

whats the low down with this one? Trust your opinions 
  • Options
    edited June 2022
    I don’t have many mates, but it just so happens that one of the few is a Lincoln fan. His answer to my question “is McGrandles any good?”

”Serviceable. Injured a lot towards the end of the season. Often captain when he played. An unspectacular midfielder.”

Unspectacular is worrying.  A synic would add free to the unspectacular list. 

I thought  he was better than that.
    Cynic .
    Talking to yourself is the first sign of madness! There is an edit button.
  • Options
    mendonca said:
    He passed the medical and if there were any concerns would have been sent for second medical .. 
  • Options
    Major said:
    Solid signing.
    McGrandles? Good luck with the song....
    Oh that's a teaser. I'm thinking the opening  verse for Bony M's 'Rasputin'.

🎵
    You can keep your pie & mash,
    Your jellied eels & sandals,
    You can stick them where the sun don't shine,
    We've got Conor McGrandles
    🎵

It does work, but only if the last two lines are sung at a faster tempo. Could do with a food stuff to replace sandals too 🤔
  • Options
    Welcome to the club Conor.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    They have a fair point. But as we found out with Stephens, money talks. 
  • Options
    edited June 2022
    swordfish said:
    Major said:
    Solid signing.
    McGrandles? Good luck with the song....
    Oh that's a teaser. I'm thinking the opening  verse for Boney M's 'Rasputin'.

🎵
    You can keep your pie & mash,
    Your jellied eels & scollops
    You can stick them where the sun don't shine,
    McGrandles the dogs bollox!
    🎵
  • Options
    a bits and pieces type of midfielder, just what we need, tidy and unspectacular, a bit of a Scots Keith Jones  :) .. welcome Conor .. now have a word with Anthony Scully, tell him how good it is dahn the Valley .. problem is, Scully'd cost a good few quid
  • Options
    edited June 2022
    Some good reaction here from Lincoln fans: https://lincoln.vitalfootball.co.uk/conor-mcgrandles-leaves-reaction/

Sounds like he can play as a holding midfielder but is also good going forwards. "Very consistent." That's what we need in midfield, more consistency, less Gilbey.
  • Options
    Most important thing on that article 
  • Options
    Plays the deep lying midfield role, would suggest he's a defensive midfielder. For that reason I suspect he'll replace Dobson. 
  • Options
    Is McGrandles wearing a superimposed Castore badge there @Ollywozere

• Sponsored links:

• Options
    poor :)
  • Options
    edited June 2022
    mendonca said:

Conor McGrandles passed the medical at cafc and stated the disabled sticker on his car was for his Nan.
    I haven't recovered from Gary Rowett yet!  I assume he passed his medical at Charlton - lasted 13 games - such a good player too.

Also Gary Poole, scored that cracking goal at QPR that was posted the other day in 1996 I believe, and that was his only goal as his Charlton and his football career only lasted 16 matches before a knee injury finished his playing days.
  • Options
    edited June 2022
    Cafc43v3r said:
    He was MK Dons young player of the year in 18/19.  Wasn't Gilbey their POTY the same year?
    He's 27 in September. Winning 'young' player of the year just 3 years ago seems a bit much. He'd been a pro for 7 seasons at that point in time.

Might just be me but i think a young POTY should always be U21.
  • Options
    edited June 2022
    Mike said:
    Sounds like Lincoln fans are surprised he didn't go to Scotland as he was homesick, hopefully he settles well further south!
    Dale Stephens type move. Going north in the opposite direction. 
    The agent told them New Scotland Yard