Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

+++Conor McGrandles signs a three year deal+++

Comments

• Options
    Rudders22 said:
    Jac_52 said:
    Rudders22 said:
    RedRyan said:
    Didn’t someone hint at this with a Big Mac, the Grand Canyon and a bunch of Dell PCs like weeks ago? I’m approx 14,000 posts behind in the transfers thread so it was relatively recent that I saw that hint!

Always nice to pick up other teams’ captains! But apart from that the article doesn’t really give insight as to what to it expect…What sort of midfielder is he?
    Yes it was Swordfish. 
    Was Callumcafc 
    Cool. Sorry. 
    Glad that's cleared up. Don't want a blemish on my record much as I'd like to take the credit 🤣
  • Options
    Wish him all the best, that is one hell of a name by the way.

”Nobody in League One can handle McGrandles”
  • Options
    Interesting signing.I see this as Watson's squad replacement. I can't see us bagging Reed now.

We certainly love to get ex Mkd midfielders. We now have McGrandles, Aneke ( who can play there) Fraser and Gilbey.

• Options
    Box to box is exactly what we needed.
  • Options
    Got injured in their last game of season. Hopefully all good now :)
  • Options
    Mike said:
    Sounds like Lincoln fans are surprised he didn't go to Scotland as he was homesick, hopefully he settles well further south!

So not only Ben Purrington but Conor McGrandles have bought a Dale Stephen's Satnav.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Hopefully we find out more in an interview tomorrow, regarding his fitness. 
  • Options
    Pleased with that, good players at smaller L1 clubs are exactly the sort of player we need to be winning over.

A shame he wasn't signed in time for Spain
  • Options
    He's spent most of his career with MK Dons and Lincoln. Most on here talking like we've signed in-his-prime Gerrard 
    No they’re not. Moderate optimism so far. 
  • Options
    Scoham said:
    Hmmm... I wonder if he's the alternative option to Louis Reed. 

Both are very similar players 
    Could still maybe get him in if gilbey or albie go
    Not convinced, that would leave us with too many non-goalscoring CMs.
    The Lincoln forum was saying he can get goals if not playing in the deep DM role. 
  • Options
    He will have to adapt to possessive attacking football under Garner
  • Options
    Played really well against us at The Valley last season. Our most exciting signing yet for me.
  • Options
    Chunes said:
    Talk about getting a good amount of business done early this year. So much criticism towards TS for past mistakes and seemingly no credit for changing it now, especially from the highly critical. Seems they've moved on to other things. 

Met up with a few other CLers tonight and we're all looking forward to this season much more so than previous seasons. After years of the most turgid awful rubbish, we've got a progressive manager, we're building towards a system and we're getting our business done early and on long-term contracts.
    Pretty much how I feel. Seems to be something solid happening. 
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Another one I've not heard of but it's always a positive when it's a player who's contract expired the previous club would have liked to have kept hold of which appears the case here.

Also signing other teams captain's is always a good thing to do as it shows there value to the team they're leaving.

Sounds a good signing.
  • Options
    CAFCsayer said:
    Deep lying playmaker, so maybe alongside Dobson in a 4231? 

-------------Wollacot
    -----Deji - Lavelle - Oconnel 
    Egbo-----------------------------*NEW*
    -----------Dobbo - McG
    ----------------Fraser
    ---------Stockley - *NEW*/Kanu

This looks strong to me
    Lack of goals still but looking better than last year
  • Options
    No idea what he’s like , if he hasn’t got a YouTube video he can’t be that exciting (come on Callum liven up )
    just get us out of this hell hole perleeeeeeease
    can he shoot , there’s no one I know of in the team who I think has a decent dig on him and can have a pot shot like Dale Stephens used to and trouble the keeper .
    another one who looks smart in our training gear ffs get a badge on that shit 

• Options
    edited June 2022
    cs1986 said:
    CAFCsayer said:
    Deep lying playmaker, so maybe alongside Dobson in a 4231? 

-------------Wollacot
    -----Deji - Lavelle - Oconnel 
    Egbo-----------------------------*NEW*
    -----------Dobbo - McG
    ----------------Fraser
    ---------Stockley - *NEW*/Kanu

This looks strong to me
    Lack of goals still but looking better than last year
    Does it really look better ? We don’t know what any of the new signings will be like. 

Surely CBT gets in somewhere. 

I do hope this doesn’t mean Dobbo is off .
  • Options
    Got to say ~ really good signing this one. Only concern is whether his injuries will make him a midfield Inniss or Chunks. Hope not. Reading the very gracious comments from the Imps he is highly rated and can do everything in midfield. This one will definitely be chipping in with some goals and not bottle a tackle. The Kinsella we have yearned for for a decade or so now. Welcome Conor. 
  • Options
    First impression I wasn't overly impressed.. but having read Lincoln forums, sounds like we have a steady player, won't set the world alight but won't have too many bad games! Another long term contract which is good! 
  • Options
    Solid signing.
    McGrandles? Good luck with the song....
  • Options
    How many ex captains do we have in the team now? McGrandles, Lavelle, O'Connell? Another? Lot's of Bowyers "winners" incoming.
  • Options
    mendonca said:
    Got injured in their last game of season. Hopefully all good now :)
    I noticed that - knee ligament damage, dunno what the prognosis is.   
  • Options
    Welcome to cafc McGrandles