Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

+++Conor McGrandles signs a three year deal+++

Comments

• Options
    Deep lying playmaker, so maybe alongside Dobson in a 4231?

Poundland Pirlo 
  • Options
    Seems like a good one, love a good playmaker in the squad to keep the engine moving 
  • Options
    edited June 2022
    Anyone said he's a Dobson replacement yet? 

🙃
  • Options
    Sounds like he’ll be a deeper playmaker. A Charlton Pirlo 😁 - if we’re playing three in midfield it could allow Dobson to be more of an all-rounder. 

After watching the Morecambe home game and being the only person who noticed more than the 3 poor goals we gave away, I believe George could be more than just this defensive midfielder.  If you are an attacking side the only way you have a double pivot or two holding midfielders is if your full backs spent more time attacking. Will be interesting to see how Garner sets the team up especially when the new fast attacking LB and the replacement for Washington join.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    He's spent most of his career with MK Dons and Lincoln. Most on here talking like we've signed in-his-prime Gerrard 
    He was an important piece of the team that got Lincoln to the play-off final a year ago. And we all know how MK like to play.
  • Options
    Sounds like Lincoln fans are surprised he didn't go to Scotland as he was homesick, hopefully he settles well further south!
  • Options
    His time at MK overlaps with Gilbey which is an interesting one.
  • Options
    Great signing very pleased. However if this means Dobbo gone, then it's a poor one. 
  • Options
    He's spent most of his career with MK Dons and Lincoln. Most on here talking like we've signed in-his-prime Gerrard 
    Give the boy a chance! Ultimately, he isn’t going to be worse than crap like Watson and Arter. Worse case scenario is he will be shit - we’ve had plenty of those. Most important thing is he fits in to the style of play that Garner is trying to mould.  We are signing players to suit a system - we’ve not done that for a long time. No more of this square pegs in round holes bollocks.

Pretty sure I wasn't slagging the lad off. 

Welcome to Charlton Conor. I hope you're as good as a lot of people on here think you are 
  • Options
    WHAddick said:
    Another one from under the radar
    We need to be aiming higher than WESFA Sunday league sides, underwhelmed.  
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    4 signings - 3 defensive players & a gk.

Wont be scoring many goals at this rate.  Put us down for 46 0-0 draws 😃
    We build from the back, lyle Taylor in attack…
  • Options
    Also left after his 2 year contracts ended at both MK & Lincoln. Dont expect to see him after his 3 years here  Then again he will be 30 then (give or take a couple of months). 

But probably a decent signing.......and he cost nothing again. Those Pope's millions are gathering dust......
  • Options
    Hmmm... I wonder if he's the alternative option to Louis Reed. 

Both are very similar players 
    Could still maybe get him in if gilbey or albie go
  • Options
    Really good signing. The best signing of the summer so far
  • Options
    He has played well against us for Lincoln for the last 2 seasons and is consistent at this level. Good signing, in fact I'm surprised he has stayed at this level 
  • Options
    Shame in a way its happened so close to the end of the Spain trip - Notice though that he's another one who has been Captain at times with Lincoln
  • Options
    Hmmm... I wonder if he's the alternative option to Louis Reed. 

Both are very similar players 
    Could still maybe get him in if gilbey or albie go
    Not convinced, that would leave us with too many non-goalscoring CMs.