Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

+++Conor McGrandles signs a three year deal+++

Comments

• Options
    Loving the barnet!
  • Options
    Have no idea about the lad but he seems from what’s being written that he’s more than decent and consistent. That’s a squad of 18 so four places left. LWB next please and a marquee striker on perms then the loans.
  • Options
    I'm not bothered about getting a marquee striker (who?) if we can nab a great loan player in that position. It's always a gamble though.
  • Options
    WSS said:
    I'm not bothered about getting a marquee striker (who?) if we can nab a great loan player in that position. It's always a gamble though.
    Who loans out a “great striker” ? We need to get in some loans certainly but we need a contracted striker coming in.
  • Options
    WSS said:
    Who loans out a “great striker” ? We need to get in some loans certainly but we need a contracted striker coming in.
    Harry Kane?
  • Options
    Surprised they haven't flown him out for a couple of nights... it's only Spain. Such an important bonding exercise. 
  • Options
    edited June 2022
    WSS said:
    De Foe still holds a load of records at Bournemouth doesn't he...

Everyone was moaning when we didn't get Parrott last summer saying he was a "great striker".

Hans Jepson for the older fans...
  • Options
    Solid L1 player. I see as a replacement for Watson/Arter/Albie/Lee for now. 

• Options
    edited June 2022
    Rylo said:
    Cloudworm said:
    Played really well against us at The Valley last season. Our most exciting signing yet for me.
    Who didn’t?! 

Let's face it..we made a lot of teams look like world beaters last season... B)
  • Options
    WSS said:
    Stockley started out as a loan didn't he? Hasn't done too bad for us
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Jonniesta said:
    Surprised they haven't flown him out for a couple of nights... it's only Spain. Such an important bonding exercise. 
    My understanding is when they went for their early morning swim today McGrandles suddenly popped out of the waves, snorkel and all, and said ‘Ta Dah!’. (In a Scottish accent).
  • Options
    edited June 2022
    Cafc43v3r said:
    He was MK Dons young player of the year in 18/19.  Wasn't Gilbey their POTY the same year?
    He's 27 in September. Winning 'young' player of the year just 3 years ago seems a bit much. He'd been a pro for 7 seasons at that point in time.

Might just be me but i think a young POTY should always be U21.
    Agreed, or if not U21 at least the football they've played taken into account. Winning young player of the year after 130 odd professional games is a bit daft. 
  • Options
    mendonca said:
    Solid L1 player. I see as a replacement for Watson/Arter/Albie/Lee for now. 

Oh come on, surely  he better than that !!
    Maybe @mendonca meant McGrandles is replacing all four of them 🤷🏻‍♂️😉
  • Options
    Now that we’ve had this positive piece of news and are all happy, balance must be restored. 
    Come on Thomas - replace the Sam Bartram statue with one of Alan Pardew. 
  • Options
    Don’t know a lot about the lad. Decent pedigree at league 1.

6 midfielders now; JFC, Fraser, Dobson, Morgan, Gilbey & Mcgrandles. Could be 7 with Henry on the scene. Imagine one will definitely leave before start of the season. Strong options there if Fraser & JFC can chip in with goals.
    Options yes but I'm not sure how they fit together. neither JFC or Fraser are 10's both liking to try and control the game from deeper. Gilbey isn't a proper box to box and I still don't really know Morgan's best role despite him having a lot of attributes. None of them bar Dobbo really have any physicality and think we will end up looking pretty lightweight in midfield again.

Depends on the system we want to play but we need a box to box midfielder for sure, someone like a League 1 version of Gallagher or Aribo (though they were much more than box to box) and a number 10 if we want to play with one.
  • Options
    Last two moves were on free transfers.

Don't be surprised if he moves on from us in the same way at the end of his contract.

Hopefully he will have done a good job for us before he goes.

Welcome Conor.

https://thelincolnite.co.uk/2022/06/key-lincoln-city-player-joins-league-one-rivals-after-imps-contract-runs-down/
  • Options
    edited June 2022
    My final go, as you're being spared from THE🗡️🐟 PREDICTS now!  It works better for GoT addicks and is family freindly.

🎵
    He's not king of the first men,
    And he's not king of the andals
    He's the king, of the Valley,
    And his name's Conor McGrandles.
    🎵
  • Options
    Good name, young, cheap, 6ft-tall, no previous Swindon or Charlton links and has a nasty-sounding recent injury.

Perfect.  

• Sponsored links:

• Options
    edited June 2022
    Dazzler21 said:
    Plays the deep lying midfield role, would suggest he's a defensive midfielder. For that reason I suspect he'll replace Dobson. 
    Edit: As others have said…
    Apparently he’s an all rounder who can play all midfield roles, including box to box. A few on Lincoln forum saying he scores goals if not stuck in deep lying role. He should be able to play alongside Dobson, and cover for him if Dobbo is injured or suspended. 👍
  • Options
    Last two moves were on free transfers.

Don't be surprised if he moves on from us in the same way at the end of his contract.

Hopefully he will have done a good job for us before he goes.

Welcome Conor.

https://thelincolnite.co.uk/2022/06/key-lincoln-city-player-joins-league-one-rivals-after-imps-contract-runs-down/
    We will be in the Champions league then, so can bid him a nice farewell.
  • Options
    Don’t know a lot about the lad. Decent pedigree at league 1.

6 midfielders now; JFC, Fraser, Dobson, Morgan, Gilbey & Mcgrandles. Could be 7 with Henry on the scene. Imagine one will definitely leave before start of the season. Strong options there if Fraser & JFC can chip in with goals.
    Options yes but I'm not sure how they fit together. neither JFC or Fraser are 10's both liking to try and control the game from deeper. Gilbey isn't a proper box to box and I still don't really know Morgan's best role despite him having a lot of attributes. None of them bar Dobbo really have any physicality and think we will end up looking pretty lightweight in midfield again.

Depends on the system we want to play but we need a box to box midfielder for sure, someone like a League 1 version of Gallagher or Aribo (though they were much more than box to box) and a number 10 if we want to play with one.
    Hasn’t McGrandles come in as a box to box midfielder?
  • Options
    Scoham said:
    Guessed that when he tried to give Lee Johnson a slap haha!
  • Options
    Who will he replace?
    Conor Washington, obviously. He’s only here to fulfil our Conor quotient. 
  • Options
    McGrandles 21/22:

McGrandles 20/21:

• Options
    McGrandles 21/22:

McGrandles 20/21:

I wonder if that's all tactical/deliberate or just Lincoln were much better in 20/21 so he naturally played future up he pitch?
  • Options
    WSS said:
    WSS said:
    Harry Kane?
    Millwall had him on loan in league one so why not us.
  • Options
    It sounds like Bridcutt was more available in 20/21 than he was in 21/22. That meant McGrandles dropping back into that hole and playing more defensively.