Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Carabao Cup Draw 22/23 - QF Draw: Man Utd v CAFC (p48) - confirmed 10th Jan

Comments

• Options
    Problem is our genuine support is minimal and I don’t think this is attractive enough for our floaters 
    I’d be surprised if over 12k of home fans there 
    Even 12,000 Charlton will give a 15,000 attendance.
    There's a lot of trouble in many people's lives at the moment, let's try and find a bit of happiness.
  • Options
    If the prices are low, and you can’t watch a stream, then there will be a turnout.
  • Options
    Apologies if this has been posted before but I've consulted Google regarding Brighton players that will be playing in Qatar and discovered that they have 3 involved.

Robert Sanchez, 'keeper /Spain

Alexis MacAllister, midfielder / Argentina 

and Leandro Trossard, attacker / Belgium.

Whether their contribution to their national teams will impact on their mindset/fitness on their return is anybody's guess. 

But, as the supermarket ad says " Every little helps".
  • Options
    Three is an extremely low number for a Premiership side let alone a good Premiership side
  • Options
    Great draw....happy with that, of all things as i have to work over Christmas and the new year with one day off boxing day, we have booked a few days away, ironically in Brighton. So will have to watch the game down there somehow. Shame it wasnt away....
    Yeah...I'm in Brighton on 20th... away draw would have been a touch 
  • Options
    edited November 2022
    Croydon said:
    Croydon said:
    DOUCHER said:
    Only read a few comments, and some of you are batshit crazy. Surely we either want one of the Sky six (well one of the remaining three of the Sky six) at home and all the bells and whistles (and TV coverage) that goes with it, or my personal preference, Gillingham or a League One team at home? In other words a winnable game that could see us in the quarter finals for only the second time in sixty odd years.  

Instead we are playing a very decent Premier League side, who are (and I mean no disrespect to a club that I am actually quite fond of) about as glamourous as we were when we graced the top flight, and who should beat us at a canter. We are the team that struggled to get a lucky draw at Stevenage a few days ago, FFS...  

I have read talk of it being "winnable" - when did some of you start following the Addicks? Wednesday?  :D  
    I think we all understand that but upsets do happen 
    Unfortunately we are usually on the receiving end!

We have had potential upsets against us in recent times but have come through unscathed. Two examples have been in the last two weeks alone. Therefore we are not 'usually' on the receiving end.

Avoiding an upset is not the same as causing one. In my lifetime we have been on the receiving end of an upset far more times than we have caused one.

In fairly recent history we've been knocked out by lower league opposition in cups - Sheff U, Wycombe, Hartlepool, Northwich Victoria. I've also watched us need a replay to beat Dagenham & Redbridge and get knocked out of a cup by Stoke over 2 legs when they were a division below. Have we caused an upset in the last 2 decades other than Chelsea away on penalties? (Hoping Callum or Airman can help with that one)
    Opportunity would be a fine thing. We’ve played five PL teams since 2007 - away to Spurs, Fulham, Palace and West Ham (behind closed doors), then Norwich last January. We beat (on penalties) Championship QPR in August and we beat Championship Reading as a L1 club in 2011. We lost at Championship Norwich in 2016 as a L1 club.

Reading in 2011 is probably as good as it gets, off the top of my head. Chris Powell’s side winning at Sheffield Wednesday in 2014 (in the FA Cup) wasn’t exactly an upset but it was a surprising result given league form. Ditto winning at Norwich in the 2009 replay - Phil Parkinson’s first win.
  • Options
    The Floaters, hi I'm Larry Aquarius......
  • Options
    We’ve been getting 6-8,000 home fans for most league games lately, but people are saying we might not get 12,000 (which won’t include the ghost STs and comps like the official league crowds) for the League Cup as if that’s a problem. Without seeing the prices it’s hard to know what the crowd will be, but I’m guessing there will be more Charlton than came to Forest Green, Oxford, Exeter, MK or Portsmouth. 
  • Options
    Any idea when they will confirm what date this will be played?
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Man utd v Burnley 21 December. 8pm. 
    Man City v Liverpool is 8pm on 22nd December.

• Options
    Let’s face it, Brighton don’t need the money as a premier league club so why not just do £10 tickets everywhere? 

• Options
    Curb_It said:
    Man utd v Burnley 21 December. 8pm. 
    Man City v Liverpool is 8pm on 22nd December.

Boringly predictable that was i'm afraid, def snoooozze  material...🥱
  • Options
    edited November 2022
    Likely to be eight Brighton players going to the World Cup...

CONFIRMED:
    Robert Sanchez (Spain)
    Tariq Lamptey (Ghana)
    Alexis MacAllister (Argentina)
    Kaoru Mitoma (Japan)
    Leandro Trossard (Belgium)

Three potential additions today when Ecuador announce their squad: Moises Caicedo, Pervis Estupinan and Jeremy Sarmiento.

Players that played in the last round against Arsenal and who aren't going to the World Cup:

-FW: Welbeck, Enciso, Undav
    -MF: Gilmour, March, Groß
    -DF: Colwill, Dunk, Veltman, Webster
    -GK: Steele
  • Options
    And the Stockport game, also is the Boxing Day kick off time likely to change?
  • Options
    And the Stockport game, also is the Boxing Day kick off time likely to change?
    I don't understand why it takes so long to agree a date, no excuse for the Stockport one
  • Options
    Isn't this down to Dangerfield to sort out?
    I don't think the fans should be an afterthought.
  • Options
    Likely to be eight Brighton players going to the World Cup...

CONFIRMED:
    Robert Sanchez (Spain)
    Tariq Lamptey (Ghana)
    Alexis MacAllister (Argentina)
    Kaoru Mitoma (Japan)
    Leandro Trossard (Belgium)

Three potential additions today when Ecuador announce their squad: Moises Caicedo, Pervis Estupinan and Jeremy Sarmiento.

Players that played in the last round against Arsenal and who aren't going to the World Cup:

-FW: Welbeck, Enciso, Undav
    -MF: Gilmour, March, Groß
    -DF: Colwill, Dunk, Veltman, Webster
    -GK: Steele
    So they could put out a ‘B’ team and still give us a good whooping! 👀
  • Options
    Still no indication of the date this match will be played.

Looking at 1st team matches on the OS, the game itself isn't even listed.....unless I'm being thicker than usual ! 
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    edited November 2022
    All match dates are still TBC apart from the two that have been chosen for TV.

https://www.efl.com/carabao-cup/fixtures-and-results/fixtures/
  • Options

OK, thanks.
  • Options

man utd vs burnley is arguably the most stale fixture there. poor choice imo
  • Options
    tuesday or weds ill likely go to this 
  • Options

Lancashire Derby. Away team top of the Championship looking to upset their much bigger neighbours. Better than a lot of the draws. 
  • Options

Lancashire Derby. Away team top of the Championship looking to upset their much bigger neighbours. Better than a lot of the draws. 
    Still dull, would have been a no brainer if Burnley had been at home.
  • Options

Still dull, would have been a no brainer if Burnley had been at home.
    Yet ten times more exciting for a neutral than our match
  • Options
    MrOneLung said:

VIEWING

FIGURES

Yep. After 40 years of live football being shown regularly people still don't realise its all down to what the broadcasters think might bring in the punters. Man U are one of THE biggest clubs in the world, so obviously will be a bigger draw than Brighton, Charlton or even Leicester.   
  • Options
    we likely to get some ticket details anytime soon?