Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Carabao Cup Draw 22/23 - QF Draw: Man Utd v CAFC (p48) - confirmed 10th Jan

Comments

• Options
    falling more and more out of interest with this club as the days pass by. Run by clowns who still employ clowns, Keohane, sandgaard ,etc just F**k off
  • Options
    Oh & it's the same day as the re-arranged Premier League U21 Cup game ! 

2 matches in 1 day on The Valley pitch ! BOGOF offer ? I think the U21 game has been announced as playing at Dartford at 1pm. 
  • Options
    redman said:
    Oh & it's the same day as the re-arranged Premier League U21 Cup game ! 

2 matches in 1 day on The Valley pitch ! BOGOF offer ? I think the U21 game has been announced as playing at Dartford at 1pm. 
    Hardly ideal though as the U 21s who might be needed at least for the bench that evening will be missing from the U21 Cup match.
  • Options
    Do they seriously think they can sell exec boxes for the game, for an empty stand? Having fans in front of the boxes is part of the experience 
  • Options
    edited November 2022
    It’s likely they’ll try opening the upper west before the AC Stand, which happened in 2014 v Oxford when they first went down this dopey road. Easier to operate as a contingency because they have to staff it anyway for the media. Most fans buy in the last week and if I want to sit in the AC Stand I’m not buying in the west now. It’s nonsense.
  • Options
    Brighton took 7 thousand to Arsenal in the last round with reduced prices. With no upper West or AC opened you can see them asking for extra tickets once they sell out the JS
  • Options
    Priority for season ticket holders is again another case of the club not listening correctly to previous complaints from supporters. Some complained for the Norwich game there season ticket had been sold like what used to happen in the past when we opened all the ground for cup ties. So the club have acted but it means I assume any season ticket holder can purchase any seat it just means they get 24 hours priority, so the original issue still remains (and that's not even considering upper West and AC season ticket holders)

They get so much wrong.
  • Options
    Just got my normal seat in the upper covered end.
  • Options
    It’s likely they’ll try opening the upper west before the AC Stand, which happened in 2014 v Oxford when they first went down this dopey road. Easier to operate as a contingency because they have to staff it anyway for the media. Most fans buy in the last week and if I want to sit in the AC Stand I’m not buying in the west now. It’s nonsense.
    Airman that’s your choice obviously 
    But as a long standing fan I am surprised at your decision- For me I will support the team and sit in any stand to watch the game and not worry if I can’t sit in my usual seat
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Email sent to me says they'll open up more parts of the ground depending on demand 
  • Options
    But as a long standing fan I am surprised at your decision- For me I will support the team and sit in any stand to watch the game and not worry if I can’t sit in my usual seat
    Yes, it’s my choice. And the same goes for anyone else. I don’t choose sit in the lower west and never have. I reluctantly accept that situation for Stockport on Saturday but I don’t accept it for a last 16 EFL Cup against a PL team, particularly when the club is not being honest about the background.
    Honest about the background ? 
  • Options
    Yes, it’s my choice. And the same goes for anyone else. I don’t choose sit in the lower west and never have. I reluctantly accept that situation for Stockport on Saturday but I don’t accept it for a last 16 EFL Cup against a PL team, particularly when the club is not being honest about the background.
    Discussion re putting Brighton fans in the AC Stand.
  • Options
    Email sent to me says they'll open up more parts of the ground depending on demand 
    Upper west as a contingency on the night.
  • Options
    Do you think we want to give them all of the AC Stand ? I can’t see the police agreeing to that but they might reluctantly agree to the last 2 blocks due to access issues

• Options
    edited November 2022
    If this were to happen surely their fans will have to access/exit it from Harvey Gardens? That is a potential flash point waiting to happen. Money before safety?

Appreciate in past years say a 1000  Yeovil were housed in  there by accessing through the Jimmy Seed end or Charlton Heights entrance.
  • Options
    I’m blaming you Airman, they know where you sit and it’s payback time 😉
  • Options
    edited November 2022
    SE9toDA2 said:
    Do you think we want to give them all of the AC Stand ? I can’t see the police agreeing to that but they might reluctantly agree to the last 2 blocks due to access issues

I agree re access. The problem is that you can’t segregate more than about 1,200 (from recollection) because of the facility split behind the stand. I’m guessing they will want to give Brighton more than that, hence not using it for Charlton fans, but realistically for Brighton to have the whole stand they’d have to use the Harvey Gardens entrance, which I suspect the police won’t allow.

As above the net revenue from 1,200 on a 45-45-10 split isn’t really worth the effort, although the cost is split too.

The club will probably end up opening the upper west on the night because some fans will refuse to buy in the Covered End.
  • Options
    edited November 2022
    What an absolute shit show. An absolutely astounding and bloody disgraceful decision. Talk about small time thinking.

To whom should we direct our emails in protest ? It's difficult to know these days.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    The Brighton crisis is down to Tony Keohane is my assumption.
  • Options
    I agree Rick. I am surprised they haven’t tried to give Brighton the whole of the west as this then removes the access issue. They could have then opened the Ac stand and Covered End for us with possibility of using the south stand via lansdowne news as spill over for charlton as well.

Main issue with this is that they wouldn’t be able to sell so much hospitality just the DB box unless to Brighton.
  • Options
    shirty5 said:
    The Brighton tickets have now been taken off the ticket website 
    Perhaps we have forfeit the match.
  • Options
    As I said, how can you sell Curbs stand boxes, when the stand is empty of other Charlton fans, BUT it would be even worse if the only fans in the stand were Brighton ones!
  • Options
    Sod it, just give Brighton the three home stands, and the Charlton fans who want to go can just use the Jimmy Seed. 
  • Options
    I bought 4 tickets for the West Lower block D ( my usual season ticket seats ) last night and there were only 3 other seats taken in the entire block. Perhaps CAFCTrev has hit upon something there 😡
  • Options
    Last night? didn't even know they were on sale last night!