Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Carabao Cup Draw 22/23 - QF Draw: Man Utd v CAFC (p48) - confirmed 10th Jan

Comments

• Options
    Not opening the AC Stand is pitiful after the crowd for Norwich in January. Further evidence the club is run by idiots.
    As if we needed any evidence ! 
  • Options
    In all fairness I was expecting tickets to be 30 quid - though they could well be externally - this has a problem or several written all over it. Though preaching to the converted.
  • Options
    Not opening the AC Stand to Charlton fans is pitiful after the crowd for Norwich in January. Further evidence the club is run by idiots.

Is there an intention to give it to Brighton as overspill and save on segregation?

Knowing the club as it’s being run now,AC stand probably being reserved for the Brighton lot & a with a few Bournemouth thrown into boot…🤔🫣
  • Options
    Says "Priority Sale" when I log in and try to look at what is available. Does anyone know what the priority sale criteria is? How can they justify leaving half the ground closed and then put them on priority sale!?!? 
  • Options
    Admin- maybe updating the title of this thread with the confirmed date would help Lifers to make their arrangements. 
  • Options
    Says "Priority Sale" when I log in and try to look at what is available. Does anyone know what the priority sale criteria is? How can they justify leaving half the ground closed and then put them on priority sale!?!? 
    I haven't encountered anything indicating "priority"  on my search for information earlier this evening. 
  • Options
    Not opening the AC Stand to Charlton fans is pitiful after the crowd for Norwich in January. Further evidence the club is run by idiots.

Is there an intention to give it to Brighton as overspill and save on segregation?

Did you think it was likely the crowd for this would be similar to the Norwich game?
  • Options

Regarding  your question re the AC stand, the natives will be in uproar should that happen ! @LargeAddick has already decided not to attend if it's closed to home fans.

Fight ! Fight ! 
  • Options
    edited November 2022
    Sadly this proves that the club is run by idiots.

“Thats all I’ve got to say about that”.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    As usual, farcical on so many levels and yet another sad indictment of where we find ourselves.  However, re the non-opening of several stands, I have e some sympathy (unusually I have to say) with the club. there is absolutely no indication whatsoever from attendances in any competition thus far this season to suggest that there will be significant demand for tickets for this (leaving aside that Brighton could sell more than the JS). You only need to read this thread to see how many are lamenting that we didn’t draw a big team (despite Brighton being in the top 19 of the premier league) and therefore won’t be attending. If by some unforeseen happenchance there is a high demand, more stands can be opened (I know, I know, those who want to sit in the east will already have bought a ticket in the west blah blah). A no win situation unfortunately. 
  • Options
    As usual, farcical on so many levels and yet another sad indictment of where we find ourselves.  However, re the non-opening of several stands, I have e some sympathy (unusually I have to say) with the club. there is absolutely no indication whatsoever from attendances in any competition thus far this season to suggest that there will be significant demand for tickets for this (leaving aside that Brighton could sell more than the JS). You only need to read this thread to see how many are lamenting that we didn’t draw a big team (despite Brighton being in the top 19 of the premier league) and therefore won’t be attending. If by some unforeseen happenchance there is a high demand, more stands can be opened (I know, I know, those who want to sit in the east will already have bought a ticket in the west blah blah). A no win situation unfortunately. 
    Why not use the same argument for league games and close the AC stand as we have bo use for it.?

Yet again we see the people running the club day to day have no clue.
  • Options
    Maybe I am the only one but would rather they give Brighton as many tickets as they want in the East Stand, I know many people have sat there a long time but seeing it so empty every week is pretty shit, I would hate to think how much money is lost every week opening it.
  • Options
    I've just been onto the site and there's nothing there at all. Maybe they've decided to see sense and open the ground properly. Or perhaps they had a lot of interest initially and will put the prices up. Or it's just a general cock-up. You just don't know with this lot these days. Hopeless!
  • Options
    edited November 2022
    Maybe I am the only one but would rather they give Brighton as many tickets as they want in the East Stand, I know many people have sat there a long time but seeing it so empty every week is pretty shit, I would hate to think how much money is lost every week opening it.
    I don’t see a problem with segregating the stand but closing it to home fans is rubbish. This is likely to be about avoiding the additional cost of segregation, because putting say 1,000 extra Brighton fans in there would only generate about £10k, of which Charlton keep £4.5k (before their share of the additional cost).

As for how much money is lost usually, the cost of opening the stand is less than the income, and you can’t just assume people would move elsewhere. If you exclude the boxes, which generate their own revenue, the marginal cost of opening any particular the stand isn’t huge - we looked at all this in detail a decade ago.

For cup games Charlton only bear 45% of the cost because of the revenue split. If you’re just looking at cost it makes more sense to shut it for league games than cup matches. But if they closed the stand a chunk of ST holders would stop going altogether. I’d probably be among them.

• Options
    Sandgaard has gone from telling staff we'd sell out for the Derby home game to this. He must be totally deflated with us. Boom indeed. 
  • Options
    I've just been onto the site and there's nothing there at all. Maybe they've decided to see sense and open the ground properly. Or perhaps they had a lot of interest initially and will put the prices up. Or it's just a general cock-up. You just don't know with this lot these days. Hopeless!
    I went on a couple of hours ago, upper west not available, nearly bought a ticket in the lower west. Go back in again now and Brighton match is not showing.
  • Options
    CAFCTrev said:

Did you think it was likely the crowd for this would be similar to the Norwich game?
    It’s hard to know, but we had the same issue and the same debate then. I think it’s a possibility.
  • Options
    CAFCTrev said:

It’s hard to know, but we had the same issue and the same debate then. I think it’s a possibility.
    I think the club saw the outcry of the potential stand closings and opened the lot back then. Could happen again. 
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    edited November 2022
    CAFCTrev said:
    CAFCTrev said:

I think the club saw the outcry of the potential stand closings and opened the lot back then. Could happen again. 
    They also couldn’t get the stewards. That’s unlikely to be such a problem on a Wednesday night with no games on in London.
  • Options
    We are so tin-pot. I can't think of a reason why they wouldn't at least announce the time and date.
  • Options
    Complete shambles, really thought the club would be making an extra effort to get in a big crowd for this
  • Options
    sandgard is a cnut get out the club you yank danepak tosser 
  • Options
    should be a big crowd but probably wont go now tossers 
  • Options
    Sandgaard has gone from telling staff we'd sell out for the Derby home game to this. He must be totally deflated with us. Boom indeed. 
    Let’s hope it’s a wake up call and he buggers off.
  • Options
    however if they are selling it out bit by bit then that makes sense, atlhough i do not know how brighton wouldnt want the whole js stand 
  • Options
    RedPanda said:
    We are so tin-pot. I can't think of a reason why they wouldn't at least announce the time and date.
    The reason is that there is no management structure. You’ve got four parts of the club involved here - tickets, the secretary, safety/ops and comms - as well as the police. Nobody is in charge, so of course it’s a shambles.

This is only the visible part of the iceberg.
    My mantra of " No joined up thinking" at its very best ! 
  • Options
    Fixture still AWOL on the Men's Fixtures list .

Maybe TS is saying we can't afford to stage the match & have given B&HA a bye.....