Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Carabao Cup Draw 22/23 - QF Draw: Man Utd v CAFC (p48) - confirmed 10th Jan

Comments

• Well I’ve printed off the confirmation email and tickets so I hope they’re legal 

• JohnnyH2 said:
    As usual, farcical on so many levels and yet another sad indictment of where we find ourselves.  However, re the non-opening of several stands, I have e some sympathy (unusually I have to say) with the club. there is absolutely no indication whatsoever from attendances in any competition thus far this season to suggest that there will be significant demand for tickets for this (leaving aside that Brighton could sell more than the JS). You only need to read this thread to see how many are lamenting that we didn’t draw a big team (despite Brighton being in the top 19 of the premier league) and therefore won’t be attending. If by some unforeseen happenchance there is a high demand, more stands can be opened (I know, I know, those who want to sit in the east will already have bought a ticket in the west blah blah). A no win situation unfortunately. 
    Why not use the same argument for league games and close the AC stand as we have bo use for it.?

Yet again we see the people running the club day to day have no clue.
    that will be the next step next season when we are still stuck in this shitty division.
  • nothing on their website yet about ticket availability.
  • The most commen sense approach to this would have been to open the AC for home supporters and the only parts of the ground that could have been closed should have been the West upper and the corners. The West Upper could have been used if Brighton needed it (like the Bournemouth game) and that deals with the issue of keeping the away supporters outside the ground in the same sort of place.

Yes it would be inconvenient for our supporters who sit in the west upper  but at least they would have the alternative of the West Lower or the AC. The pricing the club have got right, they should have been so positive with trying to sell this game, instead it's has been handled badly, no surprise 
  • Are we expecting Valley Express to run for this game?
  • Can someone tell me what the date of this fixture is , just catching up on the well oiled machine that is Charlton Athletic Football Club ...
    Is it possible for us just to play it at Brighton to make more money from the fixture?
    I very much doubt it.
  • JohnnyH2 said:
    And it’s kids for a quid too so makes even more sense to open the whole ground, publicise it heavily, and hopefully get a decent crowd in.
    The club intends to run Valley Express coaches for the game, based on demand. Please email tickets@cafc.co.uk to register your interest. 
    https://www.charltonafc.com/news/bring-your-kids-quid-brighton-cup-tie
  • Sponsored links:

• Can someone tell me what the date of this fixture is , just catching up on the well oiled machine that is Charlton Athletic Football Club ...
    Is it possible for us just to play it at Brighton to make more money from the fixture?
    Wednesday 21st December 7.45pm kick off 

• edited November 2022
    clive said:
    Are we expecting Valley Express to run for this game?
    The club intends to run Valley Express coaches for the game, based on demand. Please email tickets@cafc.co.uk to register your interest. 
    So based on demand. So you register your interest now then find out a week before that they won’t be running a coach on your route. Until then you can’t buy a ticket as attending is reliant on them running the coach.
  • JohnnyH2 said:
    In a nutshell, Peter.

Mr Sandgaard. Isn't it time you swallowed your pride & FINALLY listened to someone who wears the T shirt ..... still. 

Your loss if you carry on as though you know best. 

I wonder.....

Do they have pantomimes in the US ? 

:smile:
  • clive said:
    Are we expecting Valley Express to run for this game?
    Great, thank you.
  • Booked my ST seat in Upper and could have taken my pick of the block. Night game, print at home, kids for a quid, 1st game for Brighton after World Cup, no AC stand - and if it were given to away fans they'd have to enter via Lansdowne Mews otherwise Harvey Gardens will be chaos. It's got that written all over it anyway...
  • As a Curbishley Stand season ticket holder I was quite looking forward to this one, but the thought of a half empty ground of Brighton supporters and kids and a need to relocate has put me right off. The home atmosphere that could have been generated just won't happen. Even if they do eventually open the east side I don't fancy having to scramble to get my usual seat if there is no reasonable time frame to achieve that in an orderly fashion. (Scratches head and sighs!)
  • As a Curbishley Stand season ticket holder I was quite looking forward to this one, but the thought of a half empty ground of Brighton supporters and kids and a need to relocate has put me right off. The home atmosphere that could have been generated just won't happen. Even if they do eventually open the east side I don't fancy having to scramble to get my usual seat if there is no reasonable time frame to achieve that in an orderly fashion. (Scratches head and sighs!)
    Fair play i think not opening the AC stand is poor, but why is it so important to have your usual seat? 
  • Bought 3 tickets, sent to email.......except the email hasn't arrived yet and it's been 20 minutes. Is this the new normal ffs
  • Sponsored links:

• and we dont publicise things anymore, even as recently as a couple years ago i used to see billboards up in certain areas advertising games, especially up sidcup by pass. 
  • Leuth said:
    Bought 3 tickets, sent to email.......except the email hasn't arrived yet and it's been 20 minutes. Is this the new normal ffs
    Not just me then, bought a ticket about 4 hours ago and not got anything either.
  • I think the decision to close half the ground for this game tells us all we need to know about the fucking morons who are running the show.
  • In the light of recent events, are any of those who accused us realists of being miserable buggers when we said this was a crap draw which we have no chance of winning shifting their ground at all?  ;)

Based on the same events, which team left in is it you feel we would have a reasonable chance of beating?
    We might take Gillingham to penalties... :D  
  • Tickets not showing for sale now, something wrong, haha
  • Leuth said:
    Bought 3 tickets, sent to email.......except the email hasn't arrived yet and it's been 20 minutes. Is this the new normal ffs
    I've not received my email either. tickets seem to be off sale now for some reason
  • Buglehorn said:
    Leuth said:
    I've not received my email either. tickets seem to be off sale now for some reason
    Preparing what part of the home end to be given to Brighton 
  • Reluctantly bought for West but much rather be in our seats in the East 
  • can't even buy them on the website at the moment?