Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Carabao Cup Draw 22/23 - QF Draw: Man Utd v CAFC (p48) - confirmed 10th Jan

Comments

• Options
    edited November 2022
    Dave2l said:
    sammy391 said:
    Just seen that they’re just outside the top 5! 
    Fingers crossed they won’t want any injuries, and play the kids!!

By the QF, there might only be 1 or 2 big clubs left.

City or Liverpool will be out òf it

I wonder if Brighton have a reasonable amount of internationals in their 1st team and might be shattered from the world cup
    Or could return injured ? 

Hence the question I posed a few minutes ago. 

Great minds !
  • Options
    seth plum said:
    Lovely draw. We're likely to lose, but will be fun to give it a go, and nice to be playing Brighton who I like for various reasons, and against whom we have had some great games in the past.
    Exactly as I feel 
  • Options
    edited November 2022
    When are they being played? 19, 20 Dec?
  • Options
    People on BrightonLife are happy with the draw. 
  • Options
    edited November 2022
    Decent draw , they'll probably sell out the away allocation. Good time to play them with Trossard and Mitoma at least having been at the World Cup. Should be a good test. 
  • Options
    Croydon said:
    It's a good draw, especially being midweek and a few days before Xmas.
    Obviously, you wouldn't know it from the many expected negative posts.

The main thing stopping this from being a big game to look forward to is the Charlton "supporters" ,who are determined not to enjoy anything Charlton and are already talking about only 5,000 Charlton fans going.

It's such a shame that CL is so negative about everything Charlton and I don't understand why people spend the majority of their time being negative about so much.
    Weird post. People aren't excited by Brighron, it ain't that deep. 
    It's not "weird" or whatever algorithmic term you want.

We could have got Burnley MK Dons Gillingham or Lincoln. We got a premier league team.

• Options
    edited November 2022
    When are they being played? 19 20 Dec?
    W/beg 19th December ie Tues 20th / Weds 21st , I believe.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Mike said:
    All league 1 and 2 teams got similar draws to be honest
    How? Gills away at Wolves, that would have been dull.
  • Options
    TV games will be Man City v Liverpool and Man U v Burnley. If there's a third TV game, probably Newcastle v Bournemouth or MK v Leicester.
    I'm not so sure that MK v Leicester is any more attractive to TV to than Charlton v Brighton.

Brighton are one of the most exciting teams in The Premier League at the moment, and a loss for them could be considered a bigger shock.
    MK Dons have a history of dumping bigger teams out of this competition, plus Leicester are having a bad season. You'd think the TV cameras would sense a bigger chance of an upset there than with us against a Brighton team that's playing well and has a non-zero chance at winning the entire competition the way their first team is currently playing.
  • Options
    When are they being played? 19 20 Dec?
    W/beg 19th December ie Tues 20th / Weds 21st.
    Off 20th working 21st. We'll be playing 21st.
  • Options
    We should send this link from the Brighton forum to our players as extra motivation:

https://www.northstandchat.com/threads/carabao-cup-quarter-final-who-do-you-want.397724/
  • Options
    edited November 2022

• Options
    It's a good draw, especially being midweek and a few days before Xmas.
    Obviously, you wouldn't know it from the many expected negative posts.

The main thing stopping this from being a big game to look forward to is the Charlton "supporters" ,who are determined not to enjoy anything Charlton and are already talking about only 5,000 Charlton fans going.

It's such a shame that CL is so negative about everything Charlton and I don't understand why people spend the majority of their time being negative about so much.

Exactly this, We are mid-table League 1 team in the last 16 of a major cup with a home draw and people are still moaning and debating whether we will get a crowd above 10,000

We haven’t been this far in one of the main Cup competitions for ages. 

As a Charlton fan I am looking forward to it and can’t think why others wouldn’t be as well  

Fair enough, we're gonna smash them. You never know. 
  • Options
    Cafc43v3r said:
    Cafc43v3r said:
    Cafc43v3r said:
    Cafc43v3r said:
    Worst draw :-( 
    Compared to Blackburn away????
    Yeah Blackburn is only about 45 minutes away.  Why you going?
    Fair enough if it's closer for you. I'm not going whether it was home or away.

But we all know that we'd only take half a coach load to Blackburn five days before Christmas and end up losing 2-0.

I see the fanbase is split 50/50 on Twitter but, at home, I believe the crowd should be half decent and we can give them a scare.

Half on #cafc are happy with bringing an established Premier League down to SE7, the other half are disappointed it's not a glamour tie and would've ended up calling anything other than a trip to Anfield or Old Trafford boring.
    But what do you think?  Not what #cafc says or the stats say.  

Half the time I don't know if your posting news or views 
    Ok. My view is that it's a decent draw. Should be a decent atmosphere under the lights in SE7, especially if we can get an early goal, and maybe we can nick a result.
    What sort of crowd do you think we will get?  Assuming there is no silly ticket offer?  Is it really more attractive than Norwich last season?
    For me yes? Norwich barely ever got out of the bottom three last season. Brighton are a good Premier League side, you only have to ask the clubs they have beaten soundly this season. Most here would have been happy with say MKD so we could get through to the last eight where we’d get beaten by Lincoln or Gillingham then moan about why we never get a decent PL side in cup draws.
  • Options
    They do have a few, but means that we have to cope with Welbeck and Lallana. Unless Gareth has an emergency or 10 over the weekend 
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    I don't get all this.." they're players would have been to the WC & will need a rest" crap. The knockout rounds for the WC start on 3rd Dec and any Brighton players out there (not many I reckon) will be home shortly after. They're probably have more rest than our players, who have 3 games from the 3rd to when we play. 

Our players will be knackered & Brighton's will be well rested. It will be like a pre-season friendly to them where they can take it easy & win at a canter.
  • Options
    Price it at £15 and this will a really good crowd. 
  • Options
    I don't get all this.." they're players would have been to the WC & will need a rest" crap. The knockout rounds for the WC start on 3rd Dec and any Brighton players out there (not many I reckon) will be home shortly after. They're probably have more rest than our players, who have 3 games from the 3rd to when we play. 

Our players will be knackered & Brighton's will be well rested. It will be like a pre-season friendly to them where they can take it easy & win at a canter.
    Not feeling your usual positive self this evening?
  • Options
    Entirely winnable. 
    JFC 30 yarder to win it. 

• Options
    CHARLTON v Brighton
    Hmm, not happy. Went to the Emirates last night: Brighton have a nimble front line.
    Will any of their 1st team squad be returning from the World Cup ? 
    I think they have 3 Ecuador internationals who may go: Jeremy Sarmiento in particular looked a handful.
  • Options
    edited November 2022
    Too big for Brighton. Norwich too boring. Fucking hell. Proper delusional.

Edit: removed the T word.