Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Carabao Cup Draw 22/23 - QF Draw: Man Utd v CAFC (p48) - confirmed 10th Jan

Comments

• Options
    A bit of meh draw that one. Shame its not away
  • Options
    Cafc43v3r said:
    Worst draw :-( 
    Compared to Blackburn away????
    Yeah Blackburn is only about 45 minutes away.  Why you going?
  • Options
    Barely any of their squad going to the World Cup either...
    Only chance we'll have is our team will be more match fit having played through the League and FA Cup beforehand
  • Options
    Could have been a lot worse but they’ll batter us. Oh wel
  • Options
    We will be right up for this no matter who plays. JFC against a former club, 1st team this time…!
  • Options
    Best start queuing for Crossbars on the Saturday.....
  • Options
    Be fitting for JFC his last Charlton game v Brighton ;-) 
  • Options
    I was shitting myself with tension beyond despair when Blackburn ball was picked.

Brighton at home isn't bad. We will lose the game but hopefully let's do it in style!
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Pretty good. Brighton fans will pack out the JS and get home at a decent time. But will we fill up the stadium???
    No chance we sell out for Brighton 
  • Options
    Yawn. Of all the Premier League sides. I know we'll lose but ....... never get an exciting draw.
  • Options
    Ahhh well it was good while it lasted. Their players wont be knackered after the world cup and Brighton will take it seriously as they will fancy winning this cup I would think. Not the worst option in the draw but far from the best
  • Options
    aliwibble said:
    Rousing chorus of "If you all hate Palace clap your hands" from the entire ground at some point then?
    Both of them?
  • Options
    Just seen that they’re just outside the top 5! 
    Fingers crossed they won’t want any injuries, and play the kids!!
  • Options
    edited November 2022
    Cafc43v3r said:
    Cafc43v3r said:
    Fair enough if it's closer for you. I'm not going whether it was home or away.

But we all know that we'd only take half a coach load to Blackburn five days before Christmas and end up losing 2-0.

I see the fanbase is split 50/50 on Twitter but, at home, I believe the crowd should be half decent and we can give them a scare.

Half on #cafc are happy with bringing an established Premier League down to SE7, the other half are disappointed it's not a glamour tie and would've ended up calling anything other than a trip to Anfield or Old Trafford boring.
  • Options
    All league 1 and 2 teams got similar draws to be honest
  • Options
    Not quite what we were after but it could have been very considerably worse. I was getting very nervous when MK came out at home in the penultimate tie.

Brighton's a really good trip with Lewes nearby but, given all the uncertainty with the trains, at least most of our supporters who want to get to 
    The Valley will be able to attend. The week leading up to Christmas is always a bit chaotic and busy as well.
  • Options
    edited November 2022
    Might sneak over 8-9k at home, bear in mind 3k of that would be Brighton. The ideal scenario would have been one of the winnable ties at home (ie Gills/MK Dons etc...), or Man C/U away. We ended up with something in between and most of our fanbase will probably write it off as Brighton will likely play a strong team. 
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    edited November 2022
    I wonder has a team ever played both the under 23s and senior side of the same team in competitive games in 1 season before? 
  • Options
    Neither exciting, nor winnable, nor on TV.

But at least we're at home!
  • Options
    Didn’t we just beat them in the Pizza Cup 
  • Options
    All a bit meh.

I suppose it's not Lincoln or MK Dons. Nor is it Blackburn away.

But its not a top Prem side & it's a like Norwich last season.......we have a chance but their superior players we see us off without us having a sniff.

Very underwhelmed. 

• Options
    I do think it could be chosen for TV. Big home crowd and a small chance of a shock result. 
  • Options
    CHARLTON v Brighton
    Hmm, not happy. Went to the Emirates last night: Brighton have a nimble front line.
  • Options
    Yawn. Of all the Premier League sides. I know we'll lose but ....... never get an exciting draw.
    There were ten Premier League clubs in the hat. In reality, only three of them have a history/fanbase to get excited about facing: Liverpool, Man U and Newcastle.

We were always more likely to get Brighton, or Bournemouth, or Southampton, than we were to get Liverpool or Man U.
  • Options
    Just sensible pricing will be a start. Doubt we'll be on telly, days before Xmas, they may bring a few, it could have been a lot worse 
  • Options
    Dull fixture against a good team who'll be up for progressing at this stage. 

Would have loved one of the big clubs as it would have been surreal seeing Haaland  Salah or Ronaldo playing at the Valley....a bit like when you're in a random place on holiday and see someone from school.
  • Options
    edited November 2022
    Cafc43v3r said:
    Cafc43v3r said:
    Fair enough if it's closer for you. I'm not going whether it was home or away.

But we all know that we'd only take half a coach load to Blackburn five days before Christmas and end up losing 2-0.

I see the fanbase is split 50/50 on Twitter but, at home, I believe the crowd should be half decent and we can give them a scare.

Half on #cafc are happy with bringing an established Premier League down to SE7, the other half are disappointed it's not a glamour tie and would've ended up calling anything other than a trip to Anfield or Old Trafford boring.
    But what do you think?  Not what #cafc says or the stats say.  

Half the time I don't know if your posting news or views