Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Carabao Cup Draw 22/23 - QF Draw: Man Utd v CAFC (p48) - confirmed 10th Jan

Comments

• Options
    barstool said:
    Didn’t we just beat them in the Pizza Cup 
    Yes we did. Albeit their U21s though not far off our U21s too. In front of our lowest ever crowd for a first team fixture. Free tickets for the 662!
  • Options
    Totally predictable, we don’t get nice things at this club 
  • Options
    edited November 2022
    Cafc43v3r said:
    Cafc43v3r said:
    Cafc43v3r said:
    Worst draw :-( 
    Compared to Blackburn away????
    Yeah Blackburn is only about 45 minutes away.  Why you going?
    Fair enough if it's closer for you. I'm not going whether it was home or away.

But we all know that we'd only take half a coach load to Blackburn five days before Christmas and end up losing 2-0.

I see the fanbase is split 50/50 on Twitter but, at home, I believe the crowd should be half decent and we can give them a scare.

Half on #cafc are happy with bringing an established Premier League down to SE7, the other half are disappointed it's not a glamour tie and would've ended up calling anything other than a trip to Anfield or Old Trafford boring.
    But what do you think?  Not what #cafc says or the stats say.  

Half the time I don't know if your posting news or views 
    Ok. My view is that it's a decent draw. Should be a decent atmosphere under the lights in SE7, especially if we can get an early goal, and maybe we can nick a result.
  • Options
    I do think it could be chosen for TV. Big home crowd and a small chance of a shock result. 
    City va Liverpool ? 
  • Options
    CHARLTON v Brighton
    Hmm, not happy. Went to the Emirates last night: Brighton have a nimble front line.
    Will any of their 1st team squad be returning from the World Cup ? 
  • Options
    Happy with that got a lot of family who live down there now and go to Brighton games although Charlton fans at heart. Hope we beat them 
  • Options
    Yawn. Of all the Premier League sides. I know we'll lose but ....... never get an exciting draw.
    There were ten Premier League clubs in the hat. In reality, only three of them have a history/fanbase to get excited about facing: Liverpool, Man U and Newcastle.

We were always more likely to get Brighton, or Bournemouth, or Southampton, than we were to get Liverpool or Man U.
    Oh come on. Its a boring draw. Liverpool v City typical.
  • Options
    TV games will be Man City v Liverpool and Man U v Burnley. If there's a third TV game, probably Newcastle v Bournemouth or MK v Leicester.
  • Options
    TV games will be Man City v Liverpool and Man U v Burnley. If there's a third TV game, probably Newcastle v Bournemouth or MK v Leicester.
    Good then more people will show up
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Geographically, it's worked out well that MKD host Leicester, and we host Brighton...
  • Options
    edited November 2022
    I'd rather get beaten 9 nil by City than 4 nil by Brighton.
  • Options
    CHARLTON v Brighton
    Hmm, not happy. Went to the Emirates last night: Brighton have a nimble front line.
    No problem for our nimble defence 😁
  • Options
    16k max for this midweek in the run up to Christmas. 
  • Options
    Cafc43v3r said:
    Cafc43v3r said:
    Cafc43v3r said:
    Worst draw :-( 
    Compared to Blackburn away????
    Yeah Blackburn is only about 45 minutes away.  Why you going?
    Fair enough if it's closer for you. I'm not going whether it was home or away.

But we all know that we'd only take half a coach load to Blackburn five days before Christmas and end up losing 2-0.

I see the fanbase is split 50/50 on Twitter but, at home, I believe the crowd should be half decent and we can give them a scare.

Half on #cafc are happy with bringing an established Premier League down to SE7, the other half are disappointed it's not a glamour tie and would've ended up calling anything other than a trip to Anfield or Old Trafford boring.
    But what do you think?  Not what #cafc says or the stats say.  

Half the time I don't know if your posting news or views 
    Ok. My view is that it's a decent draw. Should be a decent atmosphere under the lights in SE7, especially if we can get an early goal, and maybe we can nick a result.
    What sort of crowd do you think we will get?  Assuming there is no silly ticket offer?  Is it really more attractive than Norwich last season?
  • Options
    Stinker 
  • Options
    I'm not so sure that MK v Leicester is any more attractive to TV to than Charlton v Brighton.

Brighton are one of the most exciting teams in The Premier League at the moment, and a loss for them could be considered a bigger shock.
  • Options
    edited November 2022
    Let's hope TS doesn't set prices at £35 or he could be seeing a gate of 15,000 instead of the 27,111 at £20.
  • Options
    I think it’s a decent tie.  It’s at home, so people get a chance to go.  It’s right on top of Christmas, so they’ll bring a few and it’s not that far for them.  They’re a decent team, but they’re not likely to demolish us, so you never know.  
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    TS currently drooling at the prospect of a packed Valley at £35 a ticket.
  • Options
    It's a good draw, especially being midweek and a few days before Xmas.
    Obviously, you wouldn't know it from the many expected negative posts.

The main thing stopping this from being a big game to look forward to is the Charlton "supporters" ,who are determined not to enjoy anything Charlton and are already talking about only 5,000 Charlton fans going.

It's such a shame that CL is so negative about everything Charlton and I don't understand why people spend the majority of their time being negative about so much.
    Weird post. People aren't excited by Brighron, it ain't that deep. 
  • Options
    I'm not so sure that MK v Leicester is any more attractive to TV to than Charlton v Brighton.

Brighton are one of the most exciting teams in The Premier League at the moment, and a loss for them could be considered a bigger shock.
    I’d be surprised if it’s not on tv 
  • Options
    cabbles said:
    I think it’s a decent tie.  It’s at home, so people get a chance to go.  It’s right on top of Christmas, so they’ll bring a few and it’s not that far for them.  They’re a decent team, but they’re not likely to demolish us, so you never know.  
    If we play like we did on Tuesday, it could be triple figures.
  • Options
    stonemuse said:

I’d be surprised if it’s not on tv 
    I think it will be
  • Options
    sammy391 said:
    Just seen that they’re just outside the top 5! 
    Fingers crossed they won’t want any injuries, and play the kids!!

By the QF, there might only be 1 or 2 big clubs left.

City or Liverpool will be out òf it

I wonder if Brighton have a reasonable amount of internationals in their 1st team and might be shattered from the world cup
  • Options
    Let's hope TS doesn't set prices at £35 or he could be seeing a gate of 15,000 instead of the 27,111 at £20.
    They priced the Norwich FA Cup game at £20 last year so I'd hope this will be similar.
  • Options
    Garner versus De Zerbi surely a tactical chess game for the ages. Cameras all over SE7