Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Wimbledon 2022

Comments

• Options
    Watson wins, 7-6, 6-2!  

Through to her first ever grand slam 4th round.
    She had just been broken in the 1st set when last looked, too much sport! 
  • Options
    I find it incredible when she has been about for so long thats the first time she has qualified for the 4th round of a major, always been one of our best ladies and has the game to go deeper hopefully. 
  • Options
    Watson is currently world no. 121 and her fourth round opponent is world no. 97.

I don't think she'll ever get a better opportunity to reach a Wimbledon quarter final.
  • Options
    edited July 2022
    I find it incredible when she has been about for so long thats the first time she has qualified for the 4th round of a major, always been one of our best ladies and has the game to go deeper hopefully. 
    She's always has a very tough 3rd round match before if I remember rightly.

Edit: just looked, 3rd seed, 1st seed, Azarenka (protected ranking but prev Semi finalist).
  • Options
    Watson wins, 7-6, 6-2!  

Through to her first ever grand slam 4th round.
    Really enjoy watching Watson play. Love the aggression she plays with. It costs her points sometimes of course but it’s entertaining. 
  • Options
    Norrie enjoying himself on Centre Court currently...
  • Options
    Omoy dropping 5 games all match is superb.
  • Options
    edited July 2022
    Nit a good day to be on Centre Court though, three very one sided matches.  
  • Options
    At least two British players, Norrie and Watson, make the second week! Hopefully tomorrow Boulter will make it three but Harmony Tan is a tough opponent as Serena Williams found out. I just hope it's 'after the Lord Mayor's show' for Tan and Boulter backed by a home crowd can win.
  • Options
    Anyone see the Billie Jean King interview? Very interesting 
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Nit a good day to be on Centre Court though, three very one sided matches.  
    It is if you've had a £1000 treble on them 3 games to be won in straight sets
  • Options
    McBobbin said:
    Anyone see the Billie Jean King interview? Very interesting 
    No, do tell.
  • Options
    Yes this one. Thought it was excellent. Didn't really know her story and what she had to go through and what she did for women's tennis 
  • Options
    Katie Boulter thrashed in the first set of her match, hopefully she can come back in the second. 
  • Options
    se9addick said:
    Katie Boulter thrashed in the first set of her match, hopefully she can come back in the second. 
    She can't, 6-1, 6-1
  • Options
    edited July 2022
    Harmony Tan is a danger for anyone in this form, albeit Boulter was poor today.
  • Options
    Broady 2 sets and a break down to De Minaur.
  • Options
    Anisimova very impressive in that last set against Gauff.
  • Options
    Broady match really enjoyable. Did himself proud, hopefully he can push on.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Absolutely love watching Wimbledon.
    You can while away so many hours engrossed in the matches.
    Most evenings this week plus all of today and it helps you unwind and is so relaxing, much more so than watching Charlton.
    Tennis players are such incredible athletes, some of the best.
  • Options
    Alize Cornet puts out top seed Iga Swiatek.

Never thought Swiatek looked that comfortable on grass, even in the earlier rounds.

Both French Open finalists out today with Gauff losing.

Jabeur and Halep have looked the best so far in my opinion.
  • Options
    edited July 2022
    Kyrgios was much the better player in the first set but missed a few break opportunities, and lost the tie break.
  • Options
    The last service game from Kyrgios was like something you’ve never seen before.
    Serving before the ball boys/girls have stopped running. 
    Never waiting for Tsitispas to be ready.
    Raced into a 40-0 lead before nearly throwing it away.
    Constantly telling his team “I just don’t fucking care”.
    112mp second serve aces.
  • Options
    Wins the second set.

Very entertaining game this, for both the right and wrong reasons as per stackitsteve's post!
  • Options
    Kyrgios gets defaulted for that, double standards 
  • Options
    Kyrgios demanding to see the Umpire's supervisor was pretty funny too.  He had a point though, Tsitsipas was lucky to get away with it.
  • Options
    Umpire going to lose control here. Needed to dish out a few yellows early on to set the tone.  :D
  • Options
    edited July 2022
    Tsitsipas should head butt the shit.
  • Options
    "Where's my towel, where's my banana?"

Bloke sung that on Britain's Got Talent didn't he?