Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Wimbledon 2022

1121314151618»

Comments

• Options
    mendonca said:
    Croydon said:
    mendonca said:
    How comes footballers can play in noise but tennis players can't? Noise doesn't seem to affect technically good players like messi, ronaldo ect.
    A solo game versus a team game is very different. Not really a like for like...
    Boxers and darts players handle it tbf
    Tennis games have been known to go on for hours. Often 5-10 hours. Hearing the ball against the raquet and grass, plus the need to keep concentration during long periods are probably my guess.

One thing for sure, Kyrgios shouldn't be allowed to go on how he is, in respect to the opponent.
    They aren't 'often' 10 hours.

Very rarely are they over 5 hours.
  • Options
    They just feel like ten hours
  • Options
    Felt like there was a shot that went long halfway through that rally.

Wouldn't have made a difference, but still.
  • Options
    edited July 2022
    Djokovic is so annoyingly smug.
  • Options
    Why was there a man wearing two jumpers?
  • Options
    edited July 2022
    mendonca said:
    Croydon said:
    mendonca said:
    How comes footballers can play in noise but tennis players can't? Noise doesn't seem to affect technically good players like messi, ronaldo ect.
    A solo game versus a team game is very different. Not really a like for like...
    Boxers and darts players handle it tbf
    Tennis games have been known to go on for hours. Often 5-10 hours. Hearing the ball against the raquet and grass, plus the need to keep concentration during long periods are probably my guess.

One thing for sure, Kyrgios shouldn't be allowed to go on how he is, in respect to the opponent.
    They aren't 'often' 10 hours.

Very rarely are they over 5 hours.
    Should have used the word, sometimes. Slippery and sweaty fingers today.

We forgot to mention why snooker players prefer to play in silence too! Precious?
  • Options
    What a great match of tennis that was. For once Kyrgios played the game instead of just acting the twat and their playing styles were really different. Don't get the Djokovich hate. Not a character like some but simply one of the greatest players ever.
  • Options
    Kyrgios is such a massive dickhead. Really wanted him to win.
  • Options
    Big fine coming up for wearing that red cap.
  • Options
    Actually coming across really well and quite humble in the post match interview 
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Big fine coming up for wearing that red cap.
    What’s wrong with it?
  • Options
    edited July 2022
    What a great match of tennis that was. For once Kyrgios played the game instead of just acting the twat and their playing styles were really different. Don't get the Djokovich hate. Not a character like some but simply one of the greatest players ever.
    Kyrgios seemed to be acting a massive twat. Granted not as bad as he has in other games but still came across as a petulant child, if my kids acted like he did I'd be dragging them off the court and grounding them for a week

Loads of sporting personalities live on the edge but his behaviour is an embarrassment at times. 

• Options
    CAFCsayer said:
    Actually coming across really well and quite humble in the post match interview 
    Yeah, must admit he came across very well there.
  • Options
    Kyrgios seemed to be acting a massive twat. Granted not as bad as he has in other games but still came across as a petulant child, if my kids acted like he did I'd be dragging them off the court and grounding them for a week

Loads of sporting personalities live on the edge but his behaviour is an embarrassment at times. 

Absolutely. In comparison to his previous he was nearly normal.
  • Options
    Following his win at Wimbledon, Djokovic drops to world number 7 in the ATP rankings.
  • Options
    Only because no ranking points this year so loses all the points he gained when wiring last year 
  • Options
    Thought the Mens Doubles Final was probably the best final i saw over the weekend.

The two single finals were ok but no where near as exciting or as impressive as previous years. 

Thought Djokovic just did what he does, get the return back. Consistent shots and when he was serving hit Nicks forearm. Kyrgios is one of the best servers and did alright with it but Novak just seemed to be able to get that return back. 

Shame about interviews after. so sickly, then again they usually are with Novak. 

Hope Kyrgios comes back. He's a good player but has a bad mental state. Maybe he should go back to doubles again and find a coach who can work/put up with him.
  • Options
    if Kyrgios found a better way to let off steam, such as a "tiger Tim" first pump, rather than swearing at everyone I'm sure he will be a lot more popular.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Thought the Mens Doubles Final was probably the best final i saw over the weekend.

The two single finals were ok but no where near as exciting or as impressive as previous years. 

Thought Djokovic just did what he does, get the return back. Consistent shots and when he was serving hit Nicks forearm. Kyrgios is one of the best servers and did alright with it but Novak just seemed to be able to get that return back. 

Shame about interviews after. so sickly, then again they usually are with Novak. 

Hope Kyrgios comes back. He's a good player but has a bad mental state. Maybe he should go back to doubles again and find a coach who can work/put up with him.

McBobbin said:
    Anyone see the Billie Jean King interview? Very interesting

I reckon Murray would be a good coach for Kyrgios. 
  • Options
    Times mini headline .. Djokovic was there to make history, Kyrgios to make histrionics .. according to a recent story about the Aussie, at the more minor (though with good prize money) tournaments around the world, he is a big crowd drawer, rather like I guess, as people will slow down as they pass the scene of a nasty motorway pile up, looking for blood or a bit of theatre .. all the time this is the case, Kyri Kyri will remain a boring boor of a person, albeit a half decent tennisist (new word)