Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Wimbledon 2022

Comments

• Kyrgios has got inside the Greek players head. Some player. Does he distract himself though?
  • Kyrgios has got inside the Greek players head. Some player. Does he distract himself though?
    Absolutely does, starts just swinging without as much control when he's in a strop.

Fantastic player to watch, but such an arse.
  • I know Krygios is absolutely Marmite as a person but he's playing great tennis here. 
    Been allowed to.
    Said to the wife you watch him shut up if he takes the lead.
  • MarcusH26 said:
    I know Krygios is absolutely Marmite as a person but he's playing great tennis here. 
    Some of his shots just look so casual but they’re anything but.
  • Tsitsipas should head butt the shit.
    I'm not really a fan of Tsitsipas either, can be a stroppy little git too and there's been the issues over him getting coaching during matches and taking overly long toilet breaks etc to put off opponents.
  • edited July 2022
    Amazing to think these two played doubles together 3 years ago !
  • Tsitsipas should head butt the shit.
    I'm not really a fan of Tsitsipas either, can be a stroppy little git too and there's been the issues over him getting coaching during matches and taking overly long toilet breaks etc to put off opponents.

Tsitsipas annoyed Andy Murray with his long Toilet breaks.
  • This is the equivalent of one of those times there's handbags at the football and a commentator says "no one wants to see this".  Except we all do.
  • This is an absolutely engrossing game. Fantastic tennis and mixed with the melodramatic antics of both players. 
  • Sponsored links:

• MarcusH26 said:
    This is an absolutely engrossing game. Fantastic tennis and mixed with the melodramatic antics of both players. 
    Court 1 100% better than Centre today 
  • edited July 2022
    Great match, that.  Some of Kyrgios's touches are ridiculous.

Still a knob, obviously.
  • The way the draw has opened up Krygios has a chance to make a Grand Slam best performance.
  • A pity about all the antics from Kyrgios, because as he proved he is some player.
  • The way the draw has opened up Krygios has a chance to make a Grand Slam best performance.

Could you imagine the mess the BBC would get in with a Krygios final run?
  • Krygios's tattoos are a mess imo. Perhaps they look better close up.
  • Other than Murray and other brits, Krygios is my favourite player, pure box office.
  • Sublime to the ridiculous, and back to the sublime. Naughty Nick Krygios can be brilliant when his Service works like it did tonight and the Aussie, Greek, Malay *underachiever certainly provoked the Greek 4th seed Tstisipas. 

* With his talent, Krygios has underachieved at Singles. He may have tourettes, Asperger's and be paranoid delusional but he can certainly hit a tennis ball !
  • Krygios had a point tbh - he should have been defaulted clear as day. If it were the other way round it would have been a different matter 
  • Sponsored links:

• edited July 2022
    MarcusH26 said:
    The way the draw has opened up Krygios has a chance to make a Grand Slam best performance.

Could you imagine the mess the BBC would get in with a Krygios final run?
    Could you imagine the mess the All England Club would get into? The man is an arse, but it’d be hilarious if he somehow won Wimbledon, the pinnacle of the ‘establishment’. 
  • I didn’t see the first set but the commentators were saying Kyrgios had sworn at line judges / referee earlier on and should have been defaulted himself 

🤷‍♂️
  • Didn’t see all of it, but what I did see was incredibly entertaining. Standard of tennis very high, standard of misbehaviour on a tennis court, equally as high at times. Kyrgious is a 2020s McEnroe with darker demons. The verbals he was giving out to his ‘team’ ie family and girlfriend/wife were so bizarre. What were they supposed to be doing ffs 🤦🏻‍♂️? I shouldn’t, but do like this circus act drama. Round 4…
  • edited July 2022
    Great to see the old champions and the not so old champions. I was waiting for the zoom link to Boris Becker when they did the 3 times Wimbledon winners.  Boris had a great service but the one service that beat him recently was Her Majesty's Service.

Life can be so taxing.
  • Strange song choice for a celebration.
  • One of Heather Watson, Jule Niemeier or Tatjana Maria will be the semi final at Wimbledon.
  • Superb old fashioned match taking place between Norrie and Paul with long rallies and great winners. A really good match up and two excellent athletes. 
  • How in the world is Cameron Norrie ‘British’? Lived in SA then NZ till 16, came to UK for three years, buggered off to Uni in Texas, now lives in U.K. so he’s British. I assume it’s because he’s in the Top Ten and we are desperate to have a successful tennis star. I’m assuming in a year or so we can see Haaland playing for England.
  • Another straight sets win for Norrie.

Into a quarter final against Goffin.
  • How in the world is Cameron Norrie ‘British’? Lived in SA then NZ till 16, came to UK for three years, buggered off to Uni in Texas, now lives in U.K. so he’s British. I assume it’s because he’s in the Top Ten and we are desperate to have a successful tennis star. I’m assuming in a year or so we can see Haaland playing for England.
    Expat parents. Dad is Scottish and mum is Welsh.