Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Next manager odds

Comments

• Any manager now coming to this club is going to be undermined by Sangards son.It is a typical example of Daddy being loaded,Son being useless and not really wanting to get out of bed,so a role in life has to be found,regardless of how unsuited to that particular role he is.He will want to make a name for himself and throw his weight about,pissing off everybody at the club who has the slightest knowledge of how to run a football club.This is all going to end in floods of tears.
    I think you have totally misunderstood his role. He is highly suitable for the position.

• Jimmy Floyd now 5/2 favourite 
  • Michael Beale ticks many boxes
  • Beale would be my choice, but he is a risk. Warburton is probably the safest choice but concerned he is slightly akin to Adkins in that he hasn't had a great time in the last few years. Don't want JFH at all, as a manger he is a mercenary similar to when he was a player. Did a decent job at Burton the first time but again has been poor in his last few roles.
  • If I were Sandgaard I might trust my son with my resources rather than a stranger in the murky world of football.
  • Bilko said:
    Steve Kean is the ultimate yes man from his Blackburn days. Their fans despised him iirc.
    Probably that is what TS wants.
    Any manager now coming to this club is going to be undermined by Sangards son.It is a typical example of Daddy being loaded,Son being useless and not really wanting to get out of bed,so a role in life has to be found,regardless of how unsuited to that particular role he is.He will want to make a name for himself and throw his weight about,pissing off everybody at the club who has the slightest knowledge of how to run a football club.This is all going to end in floods of tears.
    Christ almighty the amount of unnecessarily negative crap posted without any knowledge of the reality is astounding. 
    Yep your probably right,but struggling to find anything positive about CAFC at the moment,just seems to be one mishap after another,maybe I will be all smiles in a few days.
  • Sponsored links:

• I'm going for Warburton.
    I’ve heard he’s a pain
    Deserves more lols
  • MrOneLung said:

Jimmy Floyd now 5/2 favourite 
    Wouldn't take too much notice of that. If i rang up now with absolutely zero knowledge of who it's likely to be and asked for 200 quid on Dyche, he'd probably be instantly made the new favourite as bookies always shit themselves in markets like this.

Within an hour it'd be posted on here with people suddenly thinking 'must be something in it if his odds are that short'
    This.
  • I don’t think the person we’ll end up with is being talked about yet. Just a hunch.
  • Lord help us…
  • Lord help us…
    Fairs, fair - I think Golfie would be fine - just so long as he remembers not to 'park the bus' in Charlton Park.
  • I don’t think the person we’ll end up with is being talked about yet. Just a hunch.
    yeah, I did ask TS to keep our chats quiet for now.
    To be fair the 5-4 wins every week would be entertaining for a week or two

Then I'd need to take a break for a while whilst the pacemaker gets fitted
  • Insane that Dyche is even being mentioned by the bookies. He should walk into a premiership job but may end up having to do a Chris Wilder. I'm bewildered that a top club never approached him, then again if he was on £12m! :lol:
  • Sponsored links:

• Insane that Dyche is even being mentioned by the bookies. He should walk into a premiership job but may end up having to do a Chris Wilder. I'm bewildered that a top club never approached him, then again if he was on £12m! :lol:
    Dyche was on around 4-5m, signed a new contract last year. 

I'm confident that the only PL managers who will be earning 12m+ are Conte, Klopp and Guardiola. Even Tag Hag at Man U is reported he'll be on less than 10m.
  • *Today's offerings

It'll be Sandi Toksvig all day long....
  • I suppose Hasslebaink has moved from five to two to one hundred to one.
  • Cafc43v3r said:
    I'd like a manager who

a) improves players as individuals. Too many players have stagnated or gone backwards after joining us
    b) can get us playing passing football as a team

Which means someone who's a great coach.
    What about a a manger who has a great coach as his number 2?  We are really unlikely to get a manager that's both a great coach and a great manager.
    At our level, I don't think you can have too many managers who leave most of their coaching to a number 2
  • seth plum said:
    I suppose Hasslebaink has moved from five to two to one hundred to one.
    You’d thought so but still fav at 5/2
  • edited May 2022
    Redrobo said:
    Any manager now coming to this club is going to be undermined by Sangards son.It is a typical example of Daddy being loaded,Son being useless and not really wanting to get out of bed,so a role in life has to be found,regardless of how unsuited to that particular role he is.He will want to make a name for himself and throw his weight about,pissing off everybody at the club who has the slightest knowledge of how to run a football club.This is all going to end in floods of tears.
    I think you have totally misunderstood his role. He is highly suitable for the position.
    Go on then, what is exactly his position and why is he highly suitable?

Because the stuff in the public domain and the wispers don't suggest so.
  • Cafc43v3r said:
    I'd like a manager who

a) improves players as individuals. Too many players have stagnated or gone backwards after joining us
    b) can get us playing passing football as a team

Which means someone who's a great coach.
    What about a a manger who has a great coach as his number 2?  We are really unlikely to get a manager that's both a great coach and a great manager.
    At our level, I don't think you can have too many managers who leave most of their coaching to a number 2
    Your right and that was part (and I stress only part) of the problem last summer.
  • I want someone with no connections to Charlton. 

That rules out Michael Beale.

• Cafc43v3r said:
    Redrobo said:
    Go on then, what is exactly his position and why is he highly suitable?

Because the stuff in the public domain and the wispers don't suggest so.

As someone that works in data I've had a nose at his LinkedIn... It's...not what I was expecting...