Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Next manager odds

Comments

• Options
    MarcusH26 said:
    Michael Beale is by far and away my No1 candidate , young progressive tactically clever coach who seems incredibly switched on. 

Honestly find a lot of those names on the odds list quite uninspired but someone like Michael Carrick at 20s would be an interesting move and probably fits the mould for what TS is after. 
    Agree with Beale. I reckon we’d get some good villa and rangers youngsters on loan too. Carrick-On the other hand we might as well kept Jackson as manager. 
    What makes you think that about Carrick? 
  • Options
    Rob7Lee said:
    Dyche was on £4m a year
    Considering Sandgaard won’t even pay the salary of a half-decent Premier League youth loanee, he ain’t paying anywhere near a salary like that + anyone like Dyche, Farke are  Premier League and Championship managers. Let’s on from that chat.
  • Options
    MarcusH26 said:
    Michael Beale is by far and away my No1 candidate , young progressive tactically clever coach who seems incredibly switched on. 

Honestly find a lot of those names on the odds list quite uninspired but someone like Michael Carrick at 20s would be an interesting move and probably fits the mould for what TS is after. 
    Agree with Beale. I reckon we’d get some good villa and rangers youngsters on loan too. Carrick-On the other hand we might as well kept Jackson as manager. 

I only really picked Carrick out because I can see the " ex player that's a bit of a name and has coached at a good level" type appealing to TS. Can't say I know anything about Carrick as a coach. 
  • Options
    Dave Rudd said:
    Scoham said:
    Dave Rudd said:
    Scoham said:
    Dave Rudd said:
    One last try ...

Sandgaard, you have now got it badly wrong twice.

Adkins.

Jackson.

The scientific interpretation would be that your process is wrong.

So ... before you get it wrong a third time (and just think of the cost that would involve) ... get your process right.

You do not have the background, or experience or the vision to make the right call.

One last try ...

GET SOME PEOPLE AROUND YOU WHO KNOW FOOTBALL.

Not your son (despite his hard shot).

Not Ron Dangerfield (despite his bushy beard).

Not De Souza (despite his misspelled PowerPoint slides).

Ignore this at your peril.  But I will not bother again.  If you are that ignorant, and that arrogant ... well.  I'll leave it there.

Apart from ...

GET SOME PEOPLE AROUND YOU WHO KNOW FOOTBALL.  BECAUSE YOU DO NOT.
    Do you trust him to find the right people within football to get advice from?
    I have no idea.

But Step 1 would be for Sandgaard to realise the problem, and then to speak to others who might help him.

The problem is arrogance, not contacts.
    And that’s exactly why some compare him to RD. Although very different they’re two owners determined to do things their own way and appoint people that no one else in football would.

Wigan on the other hand appointed a CEO with plenty of football experience and although they took a gamble on a young manager they put together a very strong squad which gave him the opportunity to succeed.

I can understand Jackson being replaced but am concerned about who will replace him and our recruitment this summer.

I get the feeling this is his last roll of the dice, I can’t see him putting £5-10m in every year to stay in League 1 if we keep failing.
    Schoolboy error, @Scoham.

Just like Roland, Sandgaard 'doesn't do failure'.

He managed to buy us due to his determination and is going to be here for 100 years.

Source?

Sandgaard spoke to Jim White and Natalie Sawyer on TalkSport this lunchtime and here is what he had to say when he was quizzed on his long-term ambitions and how long he thinks he will be at the club for.

“Let’s put a big round number on it and call it 100 years, after the stability is in place, I hope we can do a Leicester, where we can blow everybody’s minds and get to play some European football, but it will take a while”.

That comment alone made Charlton fans smile and think about what the future could hold. We do need actions more than words, but so far the words are enjoyable enough to think about Charlton being in the Champions League, but I do remember Sandgaard saying somewhere that he believes in “actions speak louder than words” so let’s hope that’s true too.

@JamesSeed check : Pinch of salt?
    Definitely!
  • Options
    Would be keen to have Warburton here but I just don't think I could endure the bread-based puns EVERY week! 
    Not sure we could afford Warburton. He might want too much dough.
  • Options
    Rob7Lee said:
    Dyche was on £4m a year
    Considering Sandgaard won’t even pay the salary of a half-decent Premier League youth loanee, he ain’t paying anywhere near a salary like that + anyone like Dyche, Farke are  Premier League and Championship managers. Let’s on from that chat.
    I understand sandgaards view on loans, although I don't necessarily agree. Why pay to develop other teams youngsters who will be here for a short while, possibly improve, then go back to their club to be sold (bielik) for big money or loaned to a team in a higher division the following season (maatsen), when he is financing our own academy.

he has proven that he will pay reasonable salaries and fees without being held to ransom. I'm not sure where this sandgaard is skint and doesn't spend money statement that posters like to go on about. 

He has spent money, just badly! That's why this next appointment is a big one for him. He needs to get this one right and get player recruitment right!
  • Options
    Would be keen to have Warburton here but I just don't think I could endure the bread-based puns EVERY week! 
    That would be the yeast of our problems.

Still, it's better than fish puns every third post.
  • Options
    Rob7Lee said:
    Dyche was on £4m a year
    I understand sandgaards view on loans, although I don't necessarily agree. Why pay to develop other teams youngsters who will be here for a short while, possibly improve, then go back to their club to be sold (bielik) for big money or loaned to a team in a higher division the following season (maatsen), when he is financing our own academy.

he has proven that he will pay reasonable salaries and fees without being held to ransom. I'm not sure where this sandgaard is skint and doesn't spend money statement that posters like to go on about. 

He has spent money, just badly! That's why this next appointment is a big one for him. He needs to get this one right and get player recruitment right!
    Cullen and Bielik were a huge part of our promotion team. That’s why you pay them. Kids like Niles John etc aren’t going to be good enough to do anything significant.

And going on the logic that we don’t want to develop other team’s players, why was he so boastful of bringing Burstow back on loan to develop for Chelsea
  • Options
    redbuttle said:
    Ferguson would do for me, he did wonders for the :Posh
    Not in the Championship  he didnt
    we're not in the Championship AND as usual, it was down to a lack of cash to sign better quality players that led to Cham failure .. the same as what's happened this season just gone for the Posh
  • Options
    Fleetwood have sacked their manager, they'll be on the hunt too. 
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    MrOneLung said:

Curbs not listed on next page 
    Reckon Rob Edwards is worth a fiver.

Can't see how he's on the same odds as Campbell, Fowler and Adkins to make a return
  • Options
    Gribbo said:
    MrOneLung said:

Can't see how he's on the same odds as Campbell, Fowler and Adkins to make a return
    Edwards has also been linked with Birmingham and Salford, though only by Nixon!
  • Options
    JamesSeed said:
    The Warburton story is toast
  • Options
    Who is Rob Page?
  • Options
    Who is Rob Page?
    Manager of Wales
  • Options
    Redrobo said:
    Who is Rob Page?
    Manager of Wales

I heard he wants to turn over a new leaf, so is a real possibility. The writing won't need to be on the wall either, and a good spell will not be a blot on his copybook
  • Options
    Did you mean bread based buns ? 
  • Options
    Gribbo said:
    MrOneLung said:

Edwards has also been linked with Birmingham and Salford, though only by Nixon!
    He was at Salford on Monday. Albeit as a pundit
  • Options
    That would be the yeast of our problems.

Still, it's better than fish puns every third post.
    I respectfully disagree
  • Options
    Why is Gary Rowett getting mentioned in betting ?  He’s doing a very good job at Millwall and might fancy he’s in with a chance of playoffs next season if they fall just short this. Way out of our league at present.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    edited May 2022
    Rob7Lee said:
    Dyche was on £4m a year

But he's doing the recruitment without the manager. That's the big problem. Hubris.

Worth mentioning that the two loaness TS brought in weren't wanted by Jackson and we have at least as good in our own academy. 

That list of potential replacements is depressing. Struggling to see one that I'd be confident would be a definite improvement on what we had. 
  • Options
    I want someone with no connections to Charlton. 
    Paul May.😵‍💫😵‍💫😵‍💫
  • Options
    JamesSeed said:
    Bangs head repeatedly on desk……😩😩😩
  • Options
    JamesSeed said:
    Bangs head repeatedly on desk……😩😩😩
    especially after his agent has taken his slice
  • Options
    Has Beale ever said he would want the top job at a club? Big risk for me, good coaches don't always make good managers 
  • Options
    Has Beale ever said he would want the top job at a club? Big risk for me, good coaches don't always make good managers 
    Brian Kidd / Mike Phelan
  • Options
    edited May 2022
    Mark Warburton 

https://youtu.be/l_MxEyWYs6Y

Spoiler alert, Warburton likes a 3-5-2.