Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Next manager odds

14567810»

Comments

• Options
    So, if it is to be Ben Garner, as rumoured,  then every single penny taken by the likes of BetVictor goes straight into their satchel by virtue of the fact that he was never available to back in their market.
    “Others on request”
    That’s the small print in the cone tract. 
    I am totally aware of that having punted (and layed books) on these markets for over 30 years and was merely stating a fact - anyone now asking for a price on Garner will get a polite "no offers" from BetVictor or that "the book is closed".
    I never questioned/doubted your experience, but to say he was “never available” is incorrect. 
    A price for him was just a phone call away
    Not with Betvictor it isn't! You can't phone them and it took them days to introduce Taylor after I contacted them on Livechat because their traders have to do their own research first.

My point is that, as soon as there is a whiff of a serious contender outside the ones they've put up, they will close the market thereby not offering a punter the opportunity to place a bet on that person. As they have done here even though Garner might not even get the job. It's like closing an "in play" football betting market after 70 minutes. Why have they not settled my bets on Taylor as a loser if Garner is the result? It isn't because bookies only settle on the "official" announcement and even if Garner had been in the market they still wouldn't have settled him as a winner at this present moment in time.