Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Next manager odds

Comments

• Options
    seth plum said:
    Maybe we will get an odd manager next.  No price available on this one, anywhere. Absolutely guaranteed
  • Options
    Might well be Taylor but I think the betting is a reflection of the rumours rather than any reality. Seems we’ve already decided its him whether it’s him or not. Betting reflecting that.

I thought  buttleJR said William hill had stopped taking bets.
    If that happens when someone is odds on, then that is an indicator normally. Maybe they halted to check if the new money from coming in from Devon !
  • Options
    edited May 2022
  • Options
    When I go on the William Hill website the odds are still displayed. 1/2 Taylor 3/1 Beale 7/1 Lennon.
  • Options
    Might well be Taylor but I think the betting is a reflection of the rumours rather than any reality. Seems we’ve already decided its him whether it’s him or not. Betting reflecting that.

If that happens when someone is odds on, then that is an indicator normally. Maybe they halted to check if the new money from coming in from Devon !
    It looked like that because they stopped coming through on the site below, but it turned out they’re still on the WH website itself. Looks like both WH and BV are still taking bets:

https://www.bettingodds.com/thesackrace/teams/charlton-athletic
  • Options
    Scoham said:

It looked like that because they stopped coming through on the site below, but it turned out they’re still on the WH website itself. Looks like both WH and BV are still taking bets:

How is Mark Bowen 12s?
  • Options
    Cafc43v3r said:
    Scoham said:

How is Mark Bowen 12s?
    Still there at 12s with JFH, Lee Bowyer and Martin Sandgaard and just behind Mark Warburton at 11s.
  • Options
    I hear that .,.,
    MT has been with ECFC today considering his options after an offer from us. 
    If that is the case even I would start to seriously worry about the club if he decided to turn us down as i would think what has he seen to make him do that as no matter how much we all like to run ourselves down the potential of CAFC versus Exeter are poles apart. Any ambitious Manager would I imagine jump at the chance to prove his worth with us if only as a stepping stone.
  • Options
    I hear that .,.,
    I posted similar on the 'next manager what do you reckon' thread earlier today that an Exeter supporting mate of mine told me Taylor was in talks with Exeter today so this would make sense with what he told me and from what you've heard.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    AndyG said:
    I hear that .,.,
    If that is the case even I would start to seriously worry about the club if he decided to turn us down as i would think what has he seen to make him do that as no matter how much we all like to run ourselves down the potential of CAFC versus Exeter are poles apart. Any ambitious Manager would I imagine jump at the chance to prove his worth with us if only as a stepping stone.
    Taylor can possibly get relegated with Exeter and keep his job. 
    But he'd probably need to reach the play offs with Charlton, to survive the bullet.
    True but surely if he is ambitious we are the better option to prove himself
  • Options
    AndyG said:
    AndyG said:
    I hear that .,.,
    But he'd probably need to reach the play offs with Charlton, to survive the bullet.
    At the end of last season who was more likely to get a championship job the Cheltenham manager or the Charlton manager?

If us and Exeter finished 12th and 13th next season one would be a massive success, one wouldn't. 
  • Options
    AndyG said:
    AndyG said:
    I hear that .,.,
    Depends if he thinks we have a trigger happy owner who won't give him time to prove himself.
  • Options
    If Jackson's contract was not renewed after he failed to meet his performance target (rumoured to be 8th place or better), won't the new Manager also have a performance target?

And won't that be 'top 6 or better'?

So, the discussion during interview should be ... "OK, I accept that target, but here is the budget etc that I will need".

These performance targets work both ways, don't they, Thomas?

• Options
    AndyG said:
    I hear that .,.,
    I don’t think so, I’d guess that if Taylor improved us next season he’ll get to carry on.  7th, 8th even 9th would be an improvement, as depressing as that sounds.  
  • Options
    Taylor slightly gone out to 4/6 but Beale all the way out to 6/1 
  • Options
    AndyG said:
    I really think alot of people are missing the point here. It has been made pretty obvious that it was the type of performances that cost JJ his job the clause on finishing position I'm sure was just a get out. The fact is no matter how anyone tries to dress it up was the performances were shite and there were no signs that anything would change that why JJ went. I think if the performances were better he would have stayed 
    Only substantial improvement in players will lead to better football being played .  
  • Options
    AndyG said:
    I hear that .,.,
    Don’t completely buy that. He may not be that ambitious or feel that he wants to work within a different structure. I’m sure, if he has been offered the job, he will consider what is best for him and his family. Just saying that the ‘if he turns down a bigger club there must be something wrong’ notion is a bit simplistic.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Dave Rudd said:
    If Jackson's contract was not renewed after he failed to meet his performance target (rumoured to be 8th place or better), won't the new Manager also have a performance target?

So, the discussion during interview should be ... "OK, I accept that target, but here is the budget etc that I will need".

Not necessarily. Jackson desperately wanted the job, and I don't think Sandgaard really wanted to appoint him - Sandgaard held most of the cards in relation to negotiating the contract, and was able to tie him to a deal that sounds quite unfavourable.

If Matt Taylor, or whoever, isn't willing to sign a contract with a performance target in it, then it won't be in there (or we'll have to look elsewhere for a new manager).
  • Options
    Caveat, If offered or takes job.

Not sure about Matt Taylor's family situation but I would rather had raised my family in Devon than London/Surrey borders if I had a good Football job. Maybe commute up on the train similar to Nigel Atkins did from deepest Hants. Stay in London for half the week ?

Never just about the football. 
  • Options
    MrLargo said:
    Dave Rudd said:

Not necessarily. Jackson desperately wanted the job, and I don't think Sandgaard really wanted to appoint him - Sandgaard held most of the cards in relation to negotiating the contract, and was able to tie him to a deal that sounds quite unfavourable.

If Matt Taylor, or whoever, isn't willing to sign a contract with a performance target in it, then it won't be in there (or we'll have to look elsewhere for a new manager).
    I can't see Sandgaard dropping the performance target idea.  It's how successful businesses work ... and football is no different ... right?

If we are in the scenario that you describe, then maybe it will take longer to find the appropriately compliant new Manager.
  • Options
    BetVic's prices now

Taylor Evens
    Lennon 2/1
    Beale 8/1
    16/1 bar
  • Options
    BetVic's prices now

Taylor Evens
    Lennon 2/1
    Beale 8/1
    16/1 bar
    Lucky Meire isn’t still at the club - she would be treating to contact Bar for an interview.
    Probably think Bar was better , after all 16/1, he is twice as good as Beale at 8/1..right.. B)
  • Options
    If a new managers contract is to be based on performance then the manager would be within his rights to have the final say on transfers ( obviously within budget  ).
    They would be mad to accept that sort of contract if players are forced upon them that they don't want. 
  • Options
    BetVic's prices now

Taylor Evens
    Lennon 2/1
    Beale 8/1
    16/1 bar
    Already looking forward to the meltdown on this forum if Lennon gets the job.