Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Next manager odds

Comments

• Options
    paulg1947 said:
    If management team was based on who you would like as manager rather than if they would actually be any good I'd have Mark Kinsella with Brownie as his assistant. 

Back in reality ...I'd simply go for a proven manager that has shown they can get the most out of moderate talent and knows this division inside out. To that end ...Karl Robinson seems to keep popping up. 
    Karl could nt get out quick enough.Even with a different owner ,we would have to drag him back
    Some were more concerned by his garrulousness rather than his managerial capabilities ;-), but by and large I think he improved us. He’s probably learned a bit since then as well, as he’s done a good job up at Oxford. I can’t see him coming back though. 
  • Options
    I’m sold. Get him in. 
  • Options
    This is fantastic, can see how he ticks many boxes if TS wants this high energy attacking football. Talks really well too. 
  • Options
    I'd like a manager who

a) improves players as individuals. Too many players have stagnated or gone backwards after joining us
    b) can get us playing passing football as a team

Which means someone who's a great coach.
  • Options
    Dizzle said:
    I’m sold. Get him in. 
    Do I get commission?
  • Options
    Not sure how anyone else feels and apologies for the negativity but i feel pretty pessimistic on the next appointment. TS is still a rookie owner and has a structure which does not appear to be one that sets up the next manager for success. 

Would like an experienced manager and direct communicator to TS in terms of what the club needs to be successful and then be given the latitude and support to make it a reality. Alas my completely uninformed opinion is that it will be someone who won’t challenge TS overly and we will be repeating this cycle in 10 months time. 
  • Options
    I'd love Michael Beale too but I do wonder if we missed the boat...

Who is the next Michael Beale?
  • Options
    Has Beale ever said he would want the top job at a club? Big risk for me, good coaches don't always make good managers 
    Correct me if I’m wrong but I swear he either said it or it was said on SLP he wanted the Charlton job before Adkins got it last time. 
  • Options
    I'd love Michael Beale too but I do wonder if we missed the boat...

Who is the next Michael Beale?

I remember there being some talk about Anthony Barry at Chelsea but I think Tuchel promoted him to their first team ranks before anyone could nab him. Think it was Fleetwood that tried for him pre Barton. 
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Has Beale ever said he would want the top job at a club? Big risk for me, good coaches don't always make good managers 
    Correct me if I’m wrong but I swear he either said it or it was said on SLP he wanted the Charlton job before Adkins got it last time. 
    Wasn't it slightly more subtle, basically came out saying we were a great club etc at that exact point in time.
  • Options
    Wasn't it slightly more subtle, basically came out saying we were a great club etc at that exact point in time.

• Options
    For what it’s worth this should be our man and possibly Thomas knows this. I certainly hope so
  • Options
    Would be an interesting appointment, certainly.
  • Options
    In fact there should be a big clamour for this man Michael Beale
  • Options
    I'd like a manager who

a) improves players as individuals. Too many players have stagnated or gone backwards after joining us
    b) can get us playing passing football as a team

Which means someone who's a great coach.
    What about a a manger who has a great coach as his number 2?  We are really unlikely to get a manager that's both a great coach and a great manager.
  • Options
    MarcusH26 said:
    MarcusH26 said:
    Michael Beale is by far and away my No1 candidate , young progressive tactically clever coach who seems incredibly switched on. 

Honestly find a lot of those names on the odds list quite uninspired but someone like Michael Carrick at 20s would be an interesting move and probably fits the mould for what TS is after. 
    Agree with Beale. I reckon we’d get some good villa and rangers youngsters on loan too. Carrick-On the other hand we might as well kept Jackson as manager. 

I only really picked Carrick out because I can see the " ex player that's a bit of a name and has coached at a good level" type appealing to TS. Can't say I know anything about Carrick as a coach. 
    Neither do 99.99% of people here yet I have seen him as exactly the type we should get and exactly the type we shouldn't.
  • Options
    edited May 2022

Steve Kean on Charlton shortlist as Hibs face possible fight to keep Easter Road youth supremo

The London outfit are impressed by the 54-year-old’s CV and hope to get the green light to hold talks after sacking Johnnie Jackson on Tuesday.

https://www.dailyrecord.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/steve-kean-charlton-shortlist-hibs-26873149 
  • Options
    Pretty sure he played for the same youth team at Charlton as my second cousin. They are pretty good mates I believe 
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    J BLOCK said:
    Fleetwood have sacked their manager, they'll be on the hunt too. 
    You can just see it now:

"Beale chooses Fleetwood after unreasonable contractual T&C's offered by Charlton. Martin Sandgaard to take over the ropes at The Valley after impressive juggling skills shown on family holiday"
    Surely his knowledge of low blocks is the main thing?
  • Options
    Well he spoke to TS before so I think the answer is yes.
  • Options
    Would assume the fact it's only in the daily record that he's leaked the story himself 
  • Options
    Beale is my first choice 
  • Options
    Steve Kean is the ultimate yes man from his Blackburn days. Their fans despised him iirc.
  • Options
    Steve Kean is the ultimate yes man from his Blackburn days. Their fans despised him iirc.
    Probably that is what TS wants.
  • Options
    Any manager now coming to this club is going to be undermined by Sangards son.It is a typical example of Daddy being loaded,Son being useless and not really wanting to get out of bed,so a role in life has to be found,regardless of how unsuited to that particular role he is.He will want to make a name for himself and throw his weight about,pissing off everybody at the club who has the slightest knowledge of how to run a football club.This is all going to end in floods of tears.