Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Charlton Athletic v Milton Keynes | Tuesday 22 February | Match Preview, Predictions, News & Views

Comments

• Options
    I think I read somewhere that Jacko had asked which one of the U18's could step up and was told a few of them. Since then Kanu and Campbell have had a chance.  I wonder if we see another on the bench tomorrow (is it Asiimwe who is RB?).
    Having a couple of youngsters on the bench tomorrow will be of little help as the game is today. 
  • Options
    To be fair, having them on the bench today might not help much either!
  • Options
    0-3. The better sides in this division have found us out and our self evident defensive flaws are there for the taking and have been for some time.  Saturday was the hammering we had been looking at for a while.  
  • Options
    Can't we get the game postponed due to storm damage? The sort of structural damage that will take several weeks to make safe giving us time to get our strikers back
    I know it was Millwall who suffered, but pretty dubious that Blackburn's game was called off due to snow after they hadn't turned their undersoil heating on!

Top scorer Ben Brereton is out injured at the moment...

https://londonnewsonline.co.uk/millwall-boss-it-doesnt-sit-right-that-referee-took-the-blame-for-blackburn-game-being-postponed/
  • Options
    What about Lee as a false 9 with Leko and DJ out wide? Pack the middle behind them and can bring in Burstow when one of the 3 up top inevitably tire.

Really don’t think we have many options at all without the main 3 up top.

Just a suggestion.
  • Options
    I hope people can be tolerant as well as excited if we see the youngsters. That includes Burstow. 
    I would like to escape relegation first, however shithousery we have to do it like parking the bus tonight, and then play more of the younger players in the rest of the season.
    Ideally you introduce them in pairs that have already established a playing relationship with each other. Chinn plus Henry in a game is the kind of thing I mean.
    Anyway, I will be there tonight god willing. Not looking forward to it at all.
  • Options
    Sage said:
    What about Lee as a false 9 with Leko and DJ out wide? Pack the middle behind them and can bring in Burstow when one of the 3 up top inevitably tire.

Really don’t think we have many options at all without the main 3 up top.

Just a suggestion.
    That is exactly the sort of thinking we should be doing. It probably won't work but it might. I can tell you, I will eat my old trainers if Leko and Burstow works.
  • Options
    Given free tickets for this, but can't face another 90 mins of misery. We are going to get spanked again.

Yes we all know the issues upfront, but that doesn't explain the shambolic defending we are seeing week in week out and the total lack of interest from a number of the players.
  • Options
    Another game that my season ticket will not get used and I very much doubt I will pay for the stream. 2 goal defeat at least. 
  • Options
    Another game that my season ticket will not get used and I very much doubt I will pay for the stream. 2 goal defeat at least.

Yep, there's no way I'm fighting my way through traffic from Orpington, sitting in the cold and damp after a day at work to watch the crap that will be served up tonight. The best we can expect is a 0-0 draw - and that looks highly unlikely unless MKD field their under 11 team wearing blindfolds!
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Just bought the stream as always but tbh if when the team is announced it even resembles the line up from Saturday then I wont be turning it on
  • Options
    This will test Jacko tonight. He needs to be spot on with tactics to get anything. He might just do it, MK are not Man City, 1-1.
  • Options
    edited February 2022
    I will be watching tonight as I can't find my hammer to hit myself over the head with which would probably have been more fun and cheaper. I will be happy with a draw given the lack of striking options.
  • Options
    Do the players even want to play for JJ any more? It's felt  like the last couple of months of the Adkins reign for a while now.
  • Options
    Depressingly I don't think there is an 11 from what we have available (assuming no Inniss or Fraser from the start and still no CBT) that can beat MK or even get a point. I would go with 4-3-3 but can see why JJ will probably stick with the 3-5-2 if we are going to be using it next season it makes sense to see players in those roles

Henderson                                                                             Henderson

Matthews Lavelle Famewo Castillo                                               Deji     Lavelle   Famewo

Gilbey  Dobson Morgan                                                DJ     Gilbey   Dobson  Morgan   Castillo

Leko     Burstow    DJ                                                                     Leko   Burstow

• Options
    Really not sure if I can be arsed to go tonight, and yet  I gave up working in December partly so that I could go to Tuesday night footy.
  • Options
    Would be pleasantly surprised to see a big change, formation and personal  but don't see it happening. Jackson has said he wants to develop the 3142/532 whatever it is... SO...   

McGillivray
               Lavelle Inniss Famewo
                           Dobson
       Matthews Fraser  Morgan  DJ
                      Leko Burstow

Henderson, Pearce, Purrington, Gilbey, John, Lee, Kanu

A very lucky 1-1.

MK Don's spend the game walking through our midfield with poor finishing meaning it's only the 1 goal and point for them

Matthews with the assist for Burstow, We'll be declared a top 6 side again, only 3 signings needed in the summer, auto next season. 

• Options
    I hope the post-match thread doesn't get put before the kick-off by mistake.
  • Options
    This will test Jacko tonight. He needs to be spot on with tactics to get anything. He might just do it, MK are not Man City, 1-1.
    Sadly hate to say it,,we’re no MK!!  0-3, with a little bit of effort until we are 1 down.☹️
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    meldrew66 said:

Yep, there's no way I'm fighting my way through traffic from Orpington, sitting in the cold and damp after a day at work to watch the crap that will be served up tonight. The best we can expect is a 0-0 draw - and that looks highly unlikely unless MKD field their under 11 team wearing blindfolds!
    I’ve actually buckled and paid for the stream. I’ve also bought a 20 beers - which I am delving in to already. With a bit of luck I’ll have passed out by kick off. 
  • Options
    The tactic has surely got to be to find the best way not to concede then hope we nick something somehow.
  • Options
    Burstow says the players are going to right a wrong so 0-3.
  • Options
    Thought I was going to miss this one due to a work commitment. Luckily I was right. 
  • Options
    edited February 2022
    magic day today .. all the twos 22 2 2022 .. be a long time before a similar sequence take place .. 22 2 2222 is the next I reckon, and that's a better one .. soooo I predict, contrary to my first post on here a 2 2 draw  .. pity we have no player in a 22 numbered shirt
  • Options
    Was going to this game, but came down with Covid like symptoms yesterday. Booked all my train fares, and a ticket to go and see the Beano exhibition at Somerset House but have decided to abort. Bought the stream, so I'm £42 out of pocket!
  • Options
    magic day today .. all the twos 22 2 2022 .. be a long time before a similar sequence take place .. 22 2 2222 is the next I reckon, and that's a better one .. soooo I predict, contrary to my first post on here a 2 2 draw  .. pity we have no player in a 22 numbered shirt
    11 years, 3/3/33
  • Options
    11 years, 3/3/33
    the year is 2033 .. good try .. would have to be 3 3 3033 or 3 3 3333

• Options
    What about next year? 23/03/2023