Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Charlton Athletic v Milton Keynes | Tuesday 22 February | Match Preview, Predictions, News & Views

Comments

• Options
    Bloody hell its come to this, hoping for a draw at home to MK Dons. 
  • Options
    Betting on MK is like making money . I can’t believe they are not odds on . 

• Options
    Our league record at home to MKD has been poor in recent years
    0-1 defeat last season (when Bowyer blamed the 2000 fans for their poor support)
    2-2 draw in 17/18
    0-2 defeat in 16/17
    0-0 in 15/16

It's hard to see us getting anything tonight, but MKD haven't been sweeping teams away recently, just grinding out the results. We NEED to keep it tight, so over to the management to find the system and players to do that.
  • Options
    edited February 2022
    Player availability permitting:
                           Mac
            Lavelle    Innis    Pearce 
    Matthews      Watson        Purrington 
                         Dobson
                Gilbey  Lee   Fraser
                      No strikers

Have attacking options on the bench to use if/when we go behind.

• Options
    Mk dons unbeaten in their last 8 away league games 
  • Options
    Henderson
    Lavelle Pearce Elewere 
    Gunter Watson John Souare
    Campbell Burstow Castillo

Can't be any worse than Saturdays XI!
  • Options
                           Mac
                         Dobson
                Gilbey  Lee   Fraser
                      No strikers

Jesus H. Christ. Welcome to my nightmare
  • Options
    shirty5 said:
    Mk dons unbeaten in their last 8 away league games 
    We all know that if Charlton went into this game with that sort of form, we'd be guaranteed to lose 0-1

With Milton Keynes in that sort of form, I'd expect another 0-4
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Going for a 2-2 scoreline in homage of the date: 22022022
    And today is Twosday
  • Options
    People are suggesting Fraser is available tonight? I do hope so.
    I think he is going to be such a big player for us.
    I am hoping he is going to work up a real understanding with the likes of Burstow, Washington, Aneke and Lee (if they are played together).
    We need somebody to unlock defences and play quality ball into the box and to pick out runs with accurate delivery.
    Just hope he isn't overwhelmed with the weight of expectation given some of his teammates inconsistency and ineptness
  • Options
    Sage said:
    Going for a 2-2 scoreline in homage of the date: 22022022
    And today is Twosday

• Options
                           Mac
                         Dobson
                Gilbey  Lee   Fraser
                      No strikers

Like bringing Campbell on at 0-4? Or Burstow at 0-2 come to that. Surely makes more sense to start with the strikers and get in front then park the bus to defend the lead.
  • Options
    edited February 2022
    Well, if you want strikers isolated and doing nothing put them in the side. My tactics would be set pieces and runs from midfield and hope we can keep them out by depriving them of space in the danger areas. They may be easier to stop than Oxford. Not hopeful but you can't go toe to toe with teams with our striking options.
  • Options
    All the bookies seem to have Dons in their boosted accas for tonight so that makes me think it will be typical Charlton with a gritty, battling 2-1 win to ease of bit of pressure on JJ and TS
  • Options
    I think I read somewhere that Jacko had asked which one of the U18's could step up and was told a few of them. Since then Kanu and Campbell have had a chance.  I wonder if we see another on the bench tomorrow (is it Asiimwe who is RB?).
  • Options
    Bailey said:
    AndyG said:
    Jackson has lost the plot.  I expect a couple of forced changes, and a chance for this bunch of lackluster brainless footballers to keep the score down.

If Oxford can hit four easily, expect MKD to try and emmulate it.

0-3

If he names a starting line even close to the one on Saturday that will be it for me. He will fully deserve to be gone Wednesday morning 
    Don't mind me asking but who would you play, I would be interested in your striker selection cos that ones got me baffled 
    Hi Mate.

Although they are supposed to be to young I would start with either Burstow or Kanu ( or even both ) they are after all strikers. I would also start with recognised central defenders in place of players that are being started in front of them. 
    Just my opinion obviously but for me Leko could play for 6 hours and not score let alone 90 mins, im not knocking him but it really isnt his strength is it ? I just get annoyed as players are being hung out to dry for perfomances when they are being asked to play positions that they shouldnt be in. Play the players that do play those positions and give them shit if they are not up to scratch
  • Options
    I think I read somewhere that Jacko had asked which one of the U18's could step up and was told a few of them. Since then Kanu and Campbell have had a chance.  I wonder if we see another on the bench tomorrow (is it Asiimwe who is RB?).
    Yeah be nice to see Adigun, although both Kanu and Campbell have pro deals, so probably helps them.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    edited February 2022
    Burstow is too easy to play against IMO as it stands. He probably needs a player like Stockley playing with him. Kanu probably shouldn't be used in these circumstances as it could be damaging although obviously those at the club will know the lad better than I do. Leko has a lot of ability but hasn't worked out how to use it. He can do a job out wide but I don't think he is at all effective as a central striker. Who else is there? This can't be blamed on Jacko.
  • Options
    Leko doesn't have the ability to outsmart or do the dirty work. He needs to offer one of these being a forward we have on loan from the league above.
  • Options
    Put 80 quid on MK Dons -1 @ 5/1 so I’m sure we will get a point or 3 tonight.
  • Options
    sam3110 said:
    Henderson
    Lavelle Pearce Elewere 
    Gunter Watson John Souare
    Campbell Burstow Castillo

Can't be any worse than Saturdays XI!
    I hope your tongue is firmly in your cheek, Sam. If I arrive tonight and find Gunter, Watson and Souare in midfield, I think I will turn around and head home! 
  • Options
    £10 bet on an MK win returns £25. Tempting to protect the emotions and become hugely rich if we lose.
  • Options
    mendonca said:
    Leko doesn't have the ability to outsmart or do the dirty work. He needs to offer one of these being a forward we have on loan from the league above.

• Options
    mendonca said:

He has the ability to put a defender on his backside but doesn't have the nous not to wait for him to get up and have another bite at the cherry.
  • Options
    Can't we get the game postponed due to storm damage? The sort of structural damage that will take several weeks to make safe giving us time to get our strikers back
  • Options
    We should have tried that on Saturday.