Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

NFL 2022/23

Comments

• MrOneLung said:
    Ok, so who are your divisional winners?

I am going for (not too many surprises here) 

Bills
    Ravens 
    Chiefs
    Colts

Eagles
    Packers
    49ers
    Bucs 

Possibly not the Chiefs. other than that, I agree.
  • MrOneLung said:
    Ok, so who are your divisional winners?

I am going for (not too many surprises here) 

Bills
    Ravens 
    Chiefs
    Colts

Eagles
    Packers
    49ers
    Bucs 

Possibly not the Chiefs. other than that, I agree.
    Don't feel like you have to pick Raiders on my behalf...
  • although obviously Raider are going 17-0 baby !
  • Gutted Sky have picked the Vikings at Green Bay as their late game coverage. Guess I’ll have to find a stream for LA/LV. 
  • Gutted Sky have picked the Vikings at Green Bay as their late game coverage. Guess I’ll have to find a stream for LA/LV. 
    Streameast is your friend
  • Really hope Tua gets proper protection and can show what he can do. Go Phins 
  • This is interesting. He doesn’t pretend to have the answers but he does a good job of highlighting some issues: https://www.theguardian.com/sport/2022/sep/10/nfl-fan-no-longer-watch-football-cte?CMP=Share_iOSApp_Other
  • This is interesting. He doesn’t pretend to have the answers but he does a good job of highlighting some issues: https://www.theguardian.com/sport/2022/sep/10/nfl-fan-no-longer-watch-football-cte?CMP=Share_iOSApp_Other
    The issue is that the risks of life changing injury are not going away no matter how much they try to limit them. That goes for any sport and dare I say it that danger is part of why we watch sports like this. Big hits, KOs in combat sports, crashes in motor racing. Eliminating all these things is impossible.

That said it is absolutely correct to criticize the league and how they have covered up the issue and just as bad with how they have handled the Watson debacle. So maybe instead of using his platform to virtue signal he should instead use it to put pressure on the NFL.
  • If we don’t win a Super Bowl with Matty Ice at the helm, we’ll never win one again. Dodgy stream season back again! 
  • colthe3rd said:
    This is interesting. He doesn’t pretend to have the answers but he does a good job of highlighting some issues: https://www.theguardian.com/sport/2022/sep/10/nfl-fan-no-longer-watch-football-cte?CMP=Share_iOSApp_Other
    The issue is that the risks of life changing injury are not going away no matter how much they try to limit them. That goes for any sport and dare I say it that danger is part of why we watch sports like this. Big hits, KOs in combat sports, crashes in motor racing. Eliminating all these things is impossible.

That said it is absolutely correct to criticize the league and how they have covered up the issue and just as bad with how they have handled the Watson debacle. So maybe instead of using his platform to virtue signal he should instead use it to put pressure on the NFL.
    Isn't putting issues in the media putting pressure on the NFL?  I'm interested in what else you think he ought to do.
  • Sponsored links:

• Not the 2 games live games I would have picked today. Bengals @ Steelers looks a better early game and Chargers @ Raiders is surely the best of the late games. Might be spending a fair bit of time on Red Zone tonight.

• We are approaching peak Bungles, and it’s only week 1
  • Unbelievable in Cincinnati.
  • And a missed game winning FG in Houston too!
  • Both OT games missing game winning field goals within minutes of each other.
    Not long attempts either. 
  • Disgusting Browns won, ruined my week.
  • Oh man. Steelers off the upright now too.
  • Wow that doink
  • edited September 2022
    Last time there were two ties in the same weekend: 1973.

No ties yet, but we’re getting close.
  • Sponsored links:

• edited September 2022
    We are approaching peak Bungles, and it’s only week 1
    The only way the Bungles can improve on the last few minutes of ineptitude would be to give up an 80 yard TD
  • edited September 2022
    Last time there were two ties in the same weekend: 1973.

No ties yet, but we’re getting close.
    Steelers ruin it. 53 yard field goal with 0:00 left in over time.

Have to settle for the single tie between the Texans and Colts.
  • Falcons doing the usual. 
  • Watching Vikings vs Packers and making me mad how easy the Vikings kicker makes field goals. One of the most stressful parts of Colts fandom in recent years have been missed field goals. Our kicker also put two kickoffs out of bounds in the 4th quarter. How he won the kicking battle in training camp is beyond me 
  • Them Packers eh, I’ll give those of you who chose them to win the division the opportunity to change that now. 
  • It’s official. Mack is going to be the single most important upgrade to this chargers team. Him and Bosa combined for 16 QB pressures, 4.5 sacks and two forced fumbles…

Herbie was off to an absolute flyer but stalled a bit in the second half, coinciding with Allen leaving the game due to a hamstring injury. Short week, going to Kansas on TNF as well, who looked imperious as bad as the Cardinals were. 

The early games were nuts, drama all over red zone. 
    Oh how I’ve missed NFL Sundays. 

• Them Packers eh, I’ll give those of you who chose them to win the division the opportunity to change that now. 
    I still think they’ll win the division. At Minnesota was always going to be one of the harder games on their schedule, whether it came Week 1 or Week 10. 
  • Lol Cowboys suck.
  • It’s official. Mack is going to be the single most important upgrade to this chargers team. Him and Bosa combined for 16 QB pressures, 4.5 sacks and two forced fumbles…

Herbie was off to an absolute flyer but stalled a bit in the second half, coinciding with Allen leaving the game due to a hamstring injury. Short week, going to Kansas on TNF as well, who looked imperious as bad as the Cardinals were. 

The early games were nuts, drama all over red zone. 
    Oh how I’ve missed NFL Sundays. 

Herbert is a special player mate. 

Didn’t help that the Raiders lost all ability to tackle and stop a player. 

The TD to Everett (I think) where he walked backwards into the end zone with player right on him and in ideal position was embarrassing.