Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

NFL 2022/23

Comments

• In the last few days, Travon Walker (DE, Georgia) has become the betting favourite for the no. 1 pick.
  • edited April 2022
    Anyone got any bets on? 

Who do we want for our teams?
  • Raiders not got a pick until tomorrow 
  • A reminder of the draft order…

1. Jaguars
    2. Lions
    3. Texans
    4. Jets
    5. Giants
    6. Panthers
    7. Giants (traded from the Bears)
    8. Falcons
    9. Seahawks (traded from the Broncos)
    10. Jets (traded from the Seahawks)
    11. Commanders
    12. Vikings
    13. Texans (traded from the Browns)
    14. Ravens
    15. Eagles (traded from the Dolphins)
    16. Saints (traded from the Colts via the Eagles)
    17. Chargers
    18. Eagles (traded from the Saints)
    19. Saints (traded from the Eagles)
    20. Steelers
    21. Patriots
    22. Packers (traded from the Raiders)
    23. Cardinals
    24. Cowboys
    25. Bills
    26. Titans
    27. Buccaneers
    28. Packers
    29. Chiefs (traded from the 49ers via the Dolphins)
    30. Chiefs
    31. Bengals
    32. Lions (traded from the Rams)

• 1. Jaguars select Travon Walker, DE from Georgia.

2. Lions select Aidan Hutchinson, DE from Michigan.

3. Texans select Derek Stingley Jr, CB from LSU.

4. Jets select Sauce Gardner, CB from Cincinnati.

5. Giants select Kayvon Thibodeaux, DE from Oregon.

6. Panthers select Ikem Ekwonu, OT from NC State.

7. Giants select Evan Neal, OT from Alabama.

8. Falcons select Drake London, WR from USC.
  • 9. Seahawks select Charles Cross, OT from Mississippi State.

10. Jets select Garrett Wilson, WR from Ohio State.

11. Commanders trade with Saints. Saints select Chris Olave, WR from Ohio State. (Commanders receive pick 16, 98 and 120. Saints receive pick 11.)

12. Vikings trade with Lions. Lions select Jameson Williams, WR from Alabama. (Vikings receive pick 32, 34 and 66. Lions receive pick 12 and 46.)

13. Texans trade with Eagles. Eagles select Jordan Davis, DT from Georgia. (Texans receive pick 15, 124, 162 and 166. Eagles receive pick 13.)

14. Ravens select Kyle Hamilton, S from Notre Dame.

15. Texans select Kenyon Green, OG from Texas A&M.

16. Commanders select Jahan Dotson, WR from Penn State.
  • edited April 2022
    17. Chargers select Zion Johnson, OG from Boston College.

18. Eagles trade with Titans. Titans select Treylon Burks, WR from Arkansas. (Eagles receive A.J. Brown, WR. Titans receive pick 18 and 101.)

19. Saints select Trevor Penning, OT from Northern Iowa.

20. Steelers select Kenny Pickett, QB from Pittsburgh.

21. Patriots trade with Chiefs. Chiefs select Trent McDuffie, CB from Washington. (Patriots receive pick 29, 94 and 121. Chiefs receive pick 21.)

22. Packers select Quay Walker, LB from Georgia.

23. Cardinals trade with Ravens & Ravens trade with Bills. Bills select Kaiir Elam, CB from Florida. (a. Cardinals receive Marquise Brown, WR and pick 100. Ravens receive pick 23. b. Ravens receive pick 25 and 130. Bills receive pick 23.)

24. Cowboys select Tyler Smith, OT from Tulsa.
  • 25. Ravens select Tyler Linderbaum, OC from Iowa.

26. Titans trade with Jets. Jets select Jermaine Johnson II, DE from Florida State. (Titans receive pick 35, 69 and 163. Jets receive pick 26 and 101.)

27. Buccaneers trade with Jaguars. Jaguars select Devin Lloyd, LB from Utah. (Buccaneers receive pick 33, 106 and 180. Jaguars receive pick 27.)

28. Packers select Devonte Wyatt, DT from Georgia.

29. Patriots select Cole Strange, OG from Chattanooga.

30. Chiefs select George Karlaftis, DE from Purdue.

31. Bengals select Daxton Hill, S from Michigan.

32. Vikings select Lewis Cine, S from Georgia.
  • Well then… that’s a day 1 I’ll have to be proved wrong on. Very iffy on the trade back and the pick. 
  • I have the same thought every year with the draft. You can draft sensibly for need and position but still have a bad draft ( players fail to adapt to NFL, injuries, ego etc). All the ratings are a guide (best guess) but you really don't know until a few years down the road.
  • Sponsored links:

• Devin Lloyd was a name I was looking out for after watching the NFL 360 piece on Utah, within a year they lost 2 of their best players, one to an accidental gunshot wound, the other to an argument at a party culminating in the young man being shot down. 

Lloyd decided not to declare for the draft last year in a bid to help the Utes out last season, and they won the PAC 12 for the first time
  • edited April 2022
    Apart from the top spots, the mock draft ‘experts’ can do one.

I suspect the Packers have something planned as they neither traded up for a wide receiver or selected one with their picks despite a glaring need.

Two defensive players from Georgia (happy with that) but Rodgers needs some weapons.
  • edited May 2022
    After being on the fence with the Cowboys first round pick, I am relatively content with the overall haul.

1.24 Tyler Smith OT/OG - gave up penalties at tackle but should be a solid guard. Has a nasty streak that the Cowboys have been missing in the trenches.
    3.56 Sam “De” Williams DE - not a premier rusher in the class but holds the Ole Miss record for sacks in a season… Dan Quinn is in love with him and that’s good enough for me. Go look at a picture of him, Micah Parsons doppelgänger…
    3.88 Jalen Tolbert WR - looks like a good route runner that will plug the hole Amari Cooper left but also has a deep threat ability too… only question mark is the competition he faced through college… can he make the step up?
    4.129 Jake Ferguson TE - one of the top tight ends in the class, he helps to address depth issues with Blake Jarwin moving on and Dalton Schultz on the franchise tag.
    5.155 Matt Waletzko OT - huge bloke at 6’8” but still very raw in terms of technique, will be back up this year with starting potential through year 2 and 3.
    5.167 DaRon Bland CB - an obvious Dan Quinn pick, Bland was the only cornerback on the Cowboys 30 visit list. He is very tall for his position and likes to get his hands on the ball, sometimes a little bit too often. Another development project on the depth chart.
    5.176 Damone Clark LB - was apparently a second round grade based on talent alone but unfortunately had to recently undergo spinal fusion surgery which tanked his stock. Very high upside potential with this pick: Parsons, Cox and Clark could be as good a trio as any in the league if they are able to make the field together.
    5.178 John Ridgeway DT - a low ceiling, high floor type of player - he will compete for a starting place on the interior almost right away. He has proved that he can make an impact against good competition. He’s not the next Aaron Donald but he’s hungry and has a nasty streak on the field that the team needs.
    6.193 Devin Harper, LB - likely a practice squad player this year. All the traits are there, he has a very high ceiling but there is work to do to realise that potential.

Lastly, a couple of UDFAs that I’m very excited about:

Alec Lindstrom, OC - on pure talent alone he’s a mid round draftable prospect but his fall is likely due to concerns about his size and how he’ll cope with NFL level competition. His older brother plays guard for the Falcons.
    Jon Garibay, K - kicker is a massive need for Dallas this year after Zuerlein was let go. Garibay was 49/50 on PATs in college, with a 15/16 record on FG attempts last year including a walk off 62 yarder to beat Iowa State.
  • Trip to Wembley for me, when do tickets go on sale? 
  • edited May 2022
    Vikings @ Saints - Tottenham, 2/10
    Giants @ Packers - Tottenham, 9/10
    Broncos @ Jaguars - Wembley, 30/10

Seahawks @ Buccs - Munich, 13/11

49ers @ Cardinals - Mexico City, 21/11
  • Rothko said:
    Trip to Wembley for me, when do tickets go on sale? 
    June apparently. Don't know the specific date though.
  • The NFL really has no shame does it. Imagine being a Saints fan and having your opening home game played in London.
  • The NFL really has no shame does it. Imagine being a Saints fan and having your opening home game played in London.
    Is the new season starting a month late? Last year it started 9/9 so I would expect the Saints to have a couple of home games in September prior to London...
  • Sponsored links:

• Vikings @ Saints is week 4
  • Chargers sign Van Noy. Getting on a bit now but good experience to have with our relatively young group. 
  • Chargers sign Van Noy. Getting on a bit now but good experience to have with our relatively young group. 
    Was amazing for the Pats first time around, then went to Miami and signed a big contract but only lasted a year, came back to us and was decent if not spectacular, will be interesting to see if he does well out west
  • Can anyone tell me if in their opinion the Commanders have done good or bad business in the draft? I have absolutely no interest in the draft at all after getting excited with RG3!
  • This article consolidates the opinions of various writers from most of the NFL sports sites.
    Whether or not the majority of those are good opinions is anybodys guess.

https://www.footballoutsiders.com/nfl-draft/2022/ravens-jets-top-draft-report-cards-2022
  • After being on the fence with the Cowboys first round pick, I am relatively content with the overall haul.

1.24 Tyler Smith OT/OG - gave up penalties at tackle but should be a solid guard. Has a nasty streak that the Cowboys have been missing in the trenches.
    3.56 Sam “De” Williams DE - not a premier rusher in the class but holds the Ole Miss record for sacks in a season… Dan Quinn is in love with him and that’s good enough for me. Go look at a picture of him, Micah Parsons doppelgänger…
    3.88 Jalen Tolbert WR - looks like a good route runner that will plug the hole Amari Cooper left but also has a deep threat ability too… only question mark is the competition he faced through college… can he make the step up?
    4.129 Jake Ferguson TE - one of the top tight ends in the class, he helps to address depth issues with Blake Jarwin moving on and Dalton Schultz on the franchise tag.
    5.155 Matt Waletzko OT - huge bloke at 6’8” but still very raw in terms of technique, will be back up this year with starting potential through year 2 and 3.
    5.167 DaRon Bland CB - an obvious Dan Quinn pick, Bland was the only cornerback on the Cowboys 30 visit list. He is very tall for his position and likes to get his hands on the ball, sometimes a little bit too often. Another development project on the depth chart.
    5.176 Damone Clark LB - was apparently a second round grade based on talent alone but unfortunately had to recently undergo spinal fusion surgery which tanked his stock. Very high upside potential with this pick: Parsons, Cox and Clark could be as good a trio as any in the league if they are able to make the field together.
    5.178 John Ridgeway DT - a low ceiling, high floor type of player - he will compete for a starting place on the interior almost right away. He has proved that he can make an impact against good competition. He’s not the next Aaron Donald but he’s hungry and has a nasty streak on the field that the team needs.
    6.193 Devin Harper, LB - likely a practice squad player this year. All the traits are there, he has a very high ceiling but there is work to do to realise that potential.

Alec Lindstrom, OC - on pure talent alone he’s a mid round draftable prospect but his fall is likely due to concerns about his size and how he’ll cope with NFL level competition. His older brother plays guard for the Falcons.
    Jon Garibay, K - kicker is a massive need for Dallas this year after Zuerlein was let go. Garibay was 49/50 on PATs in college, with a 15/16 record on FG attempts last year including a walk off 62 yarder to beat Iowa State.
    Smith, in my opinion is a terrible 1st round pick.  Gave up THE MOST penalties last year.  He'll fit right in with our defence - the most penalised in the NFL.

It goes on.

I'm sorry but I don't share your enthusiasm @Callumcafc

I fear Zeke is a year older and slower.  So are Zack Martin and Tyrone Smith.  Amari has gone plus Randy Gregory  

The Eagles have massively improved and traded well.   Thankfully Jalen Hurts isn't as good as Prescott.   But we are getting nowhere near the Superbowl this year.
  • edited May 2022
    supaclive said:
    After being on the fence with the Cowboys first round pick, I am relatively content with the overall haul.

Smith, in my opinion is a terrible 1st round pick.  Gave up THE MOST penalties last year.  He'll fit right in with our defence - the most penalised in the NFL.

It goes on.

I'm sorry but I don't share your enthusiasm @Callumcafc

I fear Zeke is a year older and slower.  So are Zack Martin and Tyrone Smith.  Amari has gone plus Randy Gregory  

The Eagles have massively improved and traded well.   Thankfully Jalen Hurts isn't as good as Prescott.   But we are getting nowhere near the Superbowl this year.
    He’s the pick I’m least convinced about… which is an issue when he’s your first rounder, for sure. There are a few things that comfort me though:

- this scouting team are really good at picking first round OL talent, I’ll trust they’ve done their homework
    - Smith picked up all of those penalties at LT, we are planning to play him LG where some of his technique issues will be masked - hopefully he’ll be ready for LT in a few years after his technique is straightened out
    - Smith played over 900 snaps his senior year, more than 20 per game greater than any other prospect in the first three rounds and being on the field that much will naturally lead to more flags.

The problem Connor Williams had was that he was holding too much because he had to, otherwise he was getting beat. This kid is a monster with a couple of small technique issues that can hopefully be fixed.
  • I hope so, I really do!