Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

2022 Six Nations

Comments

• Options

Hopefully, out for another photo later tonight.
    😞 not looking likely 😞
  • Options
    edited March 2022
    understatement of the year .. 'I haven't done a good enough job' sayeth Eddie Jones .. the Qzzie bullshit expert chancer should have been sacked 18 months ago .. the RFU, like most other sports 'governing bodies' is just about useless when it comes to appointing suitable mangers/head coaches
    Congratulations to France, with the caveat that their back up players are nowhere near as good as the first choices, and to Ireland, a k a Leinster and guests for the Triple Crown .. England player wise are spoilt for choice, alas, Jones forever makes the wrong choices. Bring back Clive Woodward as England manager/coaching supervisor before we suffer another underwhelming World Cup next year. The main guiding lights of Ireland and France are English, while we are stuck with Kangaroo Eddie
  • Options
    I thought England did ok. France were the better side but a few decisions went against England and I don't think they are too far off.
  • Options
    edited March 2022
    England’s two wins, one against Italy and the other against a team beaten by Italy.
  • Options
    England’s two wins, one against Italy and the other by a team beaten by Italy.
    Ouch.
    Unfortunately you are correct though. 
  • Options
    England’s two wins, one against Italy and the other by a team beaten by Italy.
    Ouch.
    Unfortunately you are correct though. 
    Would have beaten the Irish but for the unfortunate sending off. 
  • Options
    Three tries in the 4 non-Italy games is pretty damning.
  • Options
    Three tries in the 4 non-Italy games is pretty damning.
    This
  • Options
    Can anyone explain to me the reason for the new law which means that if the ball is held up (not grounded) in a try attempt a drop out is then awarded to the defending team instead of a five yard scrum…..with attackers put in.
    This seems farcical, especially considering how long and how hard teams often have to struggle to get to the line…..and when they do it’s all for nothing if it’s held up!
    Ok, well done to the defence for holding it up but the drop out law now penalises the attacking side……isn’t the idea to promote excitement by the law makers and ergo encourage the attackers and hence the possibility of more points scored!
    Seems illogical to me……or is there actually a valid reason for this change?
    I’m struggling to think of one if there is.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    I was wondering that. I suppose there is a reason but it felt a bit strange.
  • Options
    Can anyone explain to me the reason for the new law which means that if the ball is held up (not grounded) in a try attempt a drop out is then awarded to the defending team instead of a five yard scrum…..with attackers put in.
    This seems farcical, especially considering how long and how hard teams often have to struggle to get to the line…..and when they do it’s all for nothing if it’s held up!
    Ok, well done to the defence for holding it up but the drop out law now penalises the attacking side……isn’t the idea to promote excitement by the law makers and ergo encourage the attackers and hence the possibility of more points scored!
    100%
    Own goal imho.
  • Options
    I think the reason is to generally speed the game up (maybe even force officials to make clearer decisions).

And, while it may disadvantage the attacking side in this instance, the same is true for the defending side with the loss of the 22 drop out.
  • Options
    The law change avoids the interminable, dull spectacle (for everyone, other than committed supporters of the two teams) of play after play being held up at, or over the line.  

It's far more interesting and exciting to see a team building an attack from 20, 30 or 40m out, than see a time-consuming, orchestrated meat-grinder exercise repeated ad nauseum. 
  • Options
    Chizz said:
    The law change avoids the interminable, dull spectacle (for everyone, other than committed supporters of the two teams) of play after play being held up at, or over the line.  

It's far more interesting and exciting to see a team building an attack from 20, 30 or 40m out, than see a time-consuming, orchestrated meat-grinder exercise repeated ad nauseum. 
    Then you may as well limit the phases to six & be done with it 🙄😜🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣
  • Options
    a few England players have backed Jones, presumably because they know their places in the team depend on his patronage .. 
    Eddie Jones: RFU's England progress claim is 'dishonest', says Ugo Monye - BBC Sport .. and Ugo is spot on
  • Options
    a few England players have backed Jones, presumably because they know their places in the team depend on his patronage .. 
    Eddie Jones: RFU's England progress claim is 'dishonest', says Ugo Monye - BBC Sport .. and Ugo is spot on
    Progress … 15 points behind France … lol

Ugo is right
  • Options
    Building a team eh…what a load of nonsense, just wait come the next 6 nations or WC he will still be looking to play Tuilagi and overweight Billy V at no8. The clown bought on George Ford last 2 matches as a centre…how can that be building a team. He’s lost the plot unfortunately team’s regressed since that glorious semi final victory against the All Blacks. 
  • Options
    Wales are off to South Africa for their summer (northern hemisphere) tour .. expect a high body count as the Boks steamroller over them
  • Options
    Not 6 Nations but Ireland have just battered Kiwis. Fully deserved win as well. 

Kiwis had one sent off and possibly should have had another as well. 
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    MrOneLung said:

The ABs even tried to sneak a player on to pitch to make it 15 again.

Looking forward to next week’s game, hopefully Ireland winning the series.
  • Options
    MrOneLung said:

The ABs even tried to sneak a player on to pitch to make it 15 again.

Looking forward to next week’s game, hopefully Ireland winning the series.
    was about to give this the new post it deserves .. the ABs had one sent off and were lucky it was only one .. a pity in a way that the Irish beat 14, the arrogant ABs will always have that as an excuse
    England in front at 1/2 time in Brisbane, still not using the backs at all other than chasing kicks and tough defending .. love the way the Antipodean crowds boo the oppo place kickers .. twunts
  • Options
    I think Ireland should definitely have had a penalty try as well. 
  • Options
    MrOneLung said:
    I think Ireland should definitely have had a penalty try as well. 

I thought the same, but the ref spotted the covering player.
  • Options
    first ever win for Ireland in NZ
  • Options
    England crush the Wallabies.
  • Options
    Curb_It said:
    Going to have to take more of an interest in this game… my 15 year old nephew has been offered a spot at Leicester Tigers academy beginning September. Very proud Aunt. 
    Fabulous news B 👏🏻👏🏻👏🏻👏🏻
  • Options
    edited July 2022
    Curb_It said:
    Going to have to take more of an interest in this game… my 15 year old nephew has been offered a spot at Leicester Tigers academy beginning September. Very proud Aunt. 
    It must be in the genes. Tell me, he’s either a tight head or loose head prop. 
  • Options
    edited July 2022
    Ha yes! How did you guess - cheeky!!? He’s a tight head prop. Currently standing about 6.2 but I got a crick in me neck looking up. Still got a bit of growth to go.