Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

2022 Six Nations

Comments

• Options
    With regards to Hamish Watson not getting binned for the high tackle, I think it is similar to football, when depending on the severity of the foul when you give away a free kick, you can also get a yellow card (which in rugby means 10 minutes in the bin) or even a red card. The foul yesterday was adjudged that it just warranted a penalty.

Giving away the penalty try though was madness, the worst outcome for ENG for him not doing so was SCO scored then converted but may have missed the conversion. But he gave away all 7 points plus a player down 10 minutes.
  • Options
    Ignoring the whistle happy referee, two words, Eddie and Jones .. how/why/wtf .. Smith has scored all the English points and Jones pulls him off for the perennially ineffectual Ford, not to mention replacing Ludlum (who had a very good game) as well as Genge, Isiekwie and Sinckler when the English pack was well on top .. what is Jones trying to prove, or is he just an incompetent bungler (look mate it's a 23 man game and his other nonsense clichés) .. I said above he should have been sacked months ago, but like Teflon Boris we are stuck (or unstuck) with a bragging waste of space

However, as said above by someone else, Cowan - Dickie, a player I really admire, his knock on? .. why no attempt to catch the ball .. after his yellow card, why was George not brought on straight away and why was Marler entrusted to take a vital line out throw ?
    Whatever, England or rather Jones, has lost a golden opportunity to go for a triple crown and grand slam  .. all will be forgotten next week though after we hammer the hapless Italians
  • Options
    bobmunro said:

Scotland team to face England: Hogg; Graham, Harris, Johnson, Van der Merwe; Russell, Price; Sutherland, Turner, Z Fagerson, J Gray, Gilchrist, Ritchie, Watson, M Fagerson.

Replacements: McInally, Schoeman, Nel, Skinner, M Bradbury, White, Kinghorn, Tuipulotu.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/rugby-union/60247488 

pretty much as expected .,. the core of the team has been together for 2 previous seasons and is in good order .. I really like the coach Townsend .. he was a very good centre/stand off and as a coach he likes to attack .. hard  
    I agree, Townsend is an excellent coach.

Ben White making the bench is a bit of a surprise - but he will be delighted (as is his dad who is a colleague of mine at work).

Pretty good debut for White!
  • Options
    Lewis Ludlum was injured on Saturday .. Joe Launchbury is recalled and hopefully can look forward to getting back to something like full match fitness against Italy next weekend
  • Options
    edited February 2022
    bobmunro said:
    bobmunro said:

Scotland team to face England: Hogg; Graham, Harris, Johnson, Van der Merwe; Russell, Price; Sutherland, Turner, Z Fagerson, J Gray, Gilchrist, Ritchie, Watson, M Fagerson.

Replacements: McInally, Schoeman, Nel, Skinner, M Bradbury, White, Kinghorn, Tuipulotu.

pretty much as expected .,. the core of the team has been together for 2 previous seasons and is in good order .. I really like the coach Townsend .. he was a very good centre/stand off and as a coach he likes to attack .. hard  

Ben White making the bench is a bit of a surprise - but he will be delighted (as is his dad who is a colleague of mine at work).

an amazing debut and to only get the on for the time he got he was brilliant. really please for him
  • Options
    Was very very disappointed with Mario Atoje, he was way short of his usual highly influential self.
    The worst performance I have ever seen from him, that’s for sure.😕
  • Options
    With regards to Hamish Watson not getting binned for the high tackle, I think it is similar to football, when depending on the severity of the foul when you give away a free kick, you can also get a yellow card (which in rugby means 10 minutes in the bin) or even a red card. The foul yesterday was adjudged that it just warranted a penalty.

Giving away the penalty try though was madness, the worst outcome for ENG for him not doing so was SCO scored then converted but may have missed the conversion. But he gave away all 7 points plus a player down 10 minutes.
    re Watson's 'neck roll' on Curry, one referee (Irish Football) is determined to eliminate it

Armagh v Tyrone brawl: Suspend players to eradicate headlocks, says Oisin McConville - BBC Sport
  • Options

re Watson's 'neck roll' on Curry, one referee (Irish Football) is determined to eliminate it

Armagh v Tyrone brawl: Suspend players to eradicate headlocks, says Oisin McConville - BBC Sport
    To say nothing of handbags at ten paces...

We poor Tyrone men were terribly hard done by.
  • Options
    bobmunro said:
    bobmunro said:

The best ten minutes of his life

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/rugby-union/60306964 

• Options

England team to face Italy: Steward; Malins, Marchant, Slade, Nowell; Smith, Randall; Genge, George, Stuart, Ewels, Isiekwe, Itoje, Curry (capt), Dombrandt.

Replacements: Cowan-Dickie, Marler, Sinckler, Chessum, Simmonds, Youngs, Ford, Daly.

good to see Randall given a start at 9 .. I am not at all convinced though of the backs selected, e.g. Slade is NOT an inside centre, Malins not a convincing winger .. lots if changes in the forwards .. after all this time, Jones just never seems to know what is his best starting XV ..  scoring a shed load v Italy proves nothing

• Sponsored links:

• Options
    U20 Six Nations .. England lose 6-0 to  ................

ITALY, England were as clueless in attack as the senior side, lucky to get nil .. the Italian rejoicing at the end had to be seem to be believed
  • Options
    How bizarre, when me and others are suggesting Italy play off against others to be the 6th nation
  • Options
    and Ireland beat France with a last minute converted try .. all 3 U20 games (also Wales v Scotland) were refereed by women
  • Options
    Why recall Launchbury if he doesn't make the squad? Not as if he needs to go on the trip to soak up the atmosphere for experience is it?
  • Options
    bobmunro said:
    bobmunro said:

The best ten minutes of his life

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/rugby-union/60306964 

His dad still hasn't come back down to earth!
  • Options
    LenGlover said:
    Why recall Launchbury if he doesn't make the squad? Not as if he needs to go on the trip to soak up the atmosphere for experience is it?
    your favourite is back  L G ((:>)

a calm and experienced presence to help the younger players .. after all his recent comeback, he can't be match fit .. I met a couple of Addicks a while ago whose son was at school with Joe .. they spoke of what a nice boy/man Joe is and what a nice family are the Launchbury's .. let's hope he can get up yo speed a s a p .. lock a t m is a real weakness in what overall looks a very underpowered set of England forwards
  • Options
    edited February 2022
    Well done Wales.

France v Ireland has started off at a crazy pace, 10-7 with 9 mins gone.
  • Options
    France 22-21 up, good game this 
  • Options
    What on earth was the idea of Keenan (I think) kicking with less than two minutes to go???

There'll be regrets about the decision to take the penalty.
  • Options
    It’s France’s to lose.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    If the play every game like today, absolutely.

Their defence was phenomenal.
  • Options
    2 terrific games this afternoon, both could have gone either way 
  • Options
    LenGlover said:
    Joe did the full 80 for Wasps this p.m. .. on the road to full match fitness we hope
  • Options
    Very impressed with Smith and Randall 
  • Options
    stonemuse said:
    Very impressed with Smith and Randall 
    BUT .. yet again, Fast Eddie pulls Randall (Smith last game) and brings on Youngs .. now Youngs has been a super foot soldier down the years, however his mentality was summed up in one passage of play .. 2nd half, England are 20+ points in front, we win a line out just inside the Italian half, a maul advances us to just outside the oppo 22 and Youngs is given the ball, does he get the backs in motion ? .. no, he punts aimlessly in the air, the ball is marked by an Italian and a great attacking position is lost 
    The game as a whole was as expected a one horse race .. but the English steed faltered badly in the second half, lacking the purpose, poise and direction that was evident when Randall was on in the 1st half.
  • Options
    iainment said:
    It’s France’s to lose.
    If England aren't gonna win it (which looks very very unlikely) I'd actually quite like to see France win it
  • Options
    France are walking it.
  • Options
    edited February 2022
    Triple whammy for Scotland; did all the hard work then missed out scoring a try before half time with the poor long pass out to Hogg, then France scored again before half-time then again at the start of the second half. Scotland should really have scored as had a double overlap - France weren't walking it then and this changed the game. Then they were uncatchable

• Options
    A very Charltonish bit of play by Wales for the England try
  • Options
    Sinckler is having a stinker