Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

2022 Six Nations

Comments

• Options
    Nick Tomkins who scored Wales‘a second try played for old elthamians as a kid. 
  • Options
    Italys defeat against Ireland today will be their 35th consecutive loss in the six nations. Is it time that Italy were dropped from the competition ? It’s clearly way above the standard they can compete. No disgrace for Italy but it makes a mockery of the competition to have it so imbalanced. 
  • Options
    Italys defeat against Ireland today will be their 35th consecutive loss in the six nations. Is it time that Italy were dropped from the competition ? It’s clearly way above the standard they can compete. No disgrace for Italy but it makes a mockery of the competition to have it so imbalanced. 
    Considering they only have 13 players they have held out quite well.
  • Options
    edited February 2022
    Should we revert back to a five nations tournament? Maybe the lesser nations could have a play off and see who else could join.

Romania were very up and coming a few years ago, Georgia and Russia (maybe not) have been in the World Cup.

Any other nations deemed strong enough?

Went to the World Sevens in Las Vegas a few years and quite a few nations taking part, Spain and Portugal spring to mind but sevens is a different game to the 15 a side.
  • Options
    LenGlover said:
    Considering they only have 13 players they have held out quite well.
    I agree Len but the Italians are simply not strong enough as a Rugby nation to compete at the Six Nations level. Harsh but a fact. 
  • Options
    I'd be in favour of a second tier Six Nations, with Top/Bottom automatic promotion and relegation, with play offs for the next best/worst teams.

But also play at least one Autumn international against a second tier team.

Off the top of my head, I'd suggest Spain, Germany, Georgia, Romania, Portugal and an invited Pacific Island nation (who I'd base somewhere like the Canaries).

But, then again, I'd be doing something similar for the URC.

Without that, you do more damage to the wider game by simply removing the Italians.

World Rugby needs to encourage and develop weaker teams, and the only way to achieve that is regular games against better opposition.

Italy today were mostly undone by numbers, but look at their levels of fitness, tackling ability and skills, they have improved beyond measure because of the Six Nations and, while they are getting hammered now, there have times when any of the other five nations were equally bad.

Ireland has had a golden generation, but it won't forever, and a dose of humility is often good for us.
  • Options
    I'd be in favour of a second tier Six Nations, with Top/Bottom automatic promotion and relegation, with play offs for the next best/worst teams.

But also play at least one Autumn international against a second tier team.

Off the top of my head, I'd suggest Spain, Germany, Georgia, Romania, Portugal and an invited Pacific Island nation (who I'd base somewhere like the Canaries).

But, then again, I'd be doing something similar for the URC.

Without that, you do more damage to the wider game by simply removing the Italians.

World Rugby needs to encourage and develop weaker teams, and the only way to achieve that is regular games against better opposition.

Italy today were mostly undone by numbers, but look at their levels of fitness, tackling ability and skills, they have improved beyond measure because of the Six Nations and, while they are getting hammered now, there have times when any of the other five nations were equally bad.

Ireland has had a golden generation, but it won't forever, and a dose of humility is often good for us.
    South Africa are itching to become the 6th nation .. the fact is that Italy are getting worse. An article in today's Sunday Times, written by Italy's New Zealander coach who obviously has a vested interest, opines that if Italy lost their 6 nations spot, it would be the death of Italian rugby. The truth is that Italian rugby is in intensive care as it is
    France look terrific, Scotland after a good start are proving e too lightweight .. England despite a good forward performance against a struggling Wales, are clueless in attack .. they'll need 100% improvement allied to a proper selection by Ozzie Eddie Cobber Jones to get anything versus France and Ireland
  • Options
    FFS.
  • Options
    Again. FFS.
  • Options
    Game over before 2 minutes! This could be a thrashing 
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Ireland are going to rack up a few here 
  • Options
    It was stupid to get sent off. Can’t blame tiredness or anything else. Just stupid.
  • Options
    Turned it off straight away. 
  • Options
    At least we get 3 points.
  • Options
    Ireland making hard work of this. 15-9 HT
  • Options
    Letter of the law that’s a red card but it’s so stupidly soft. 
  • Options
    England are playing really well. Just hope they’re strong enough to keep it up for 80.
  • Options
    Ireland are going to rack up a few here 
    Happy to gave been proven wrong so far.

Best I've seen England play in ages.
  • Options
    kentred2 said:
    Turned it off straight away. 
    Regardless of the result, this has been great to watch
  • Options
    England have shown more bollox and fight today than Charlton have shown all season 
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Ireland ran out winners, think if it had been 15 a side, they might have been beaten. 
    Anyway come on England against France.
  • Options
    Well played England. Didn't deserve that scoreline given their efforts but so hard to keep up that intensity for 80 minutes. Weird thing is I doubt they will have played as well as that with 15 men. Definitely galvanised them.
  • Options
    Stupid getting sent off so early though. 
  • Options
    I saw Pardew at the game today. 

Twat. 
  • Options
    edited March 2022
    Well, Italy managed something a bit special there...

Fantastic last gasp effort.
  • Options

They were good all through I thought.
  • Options
    iainment said:

They were good all through I thought.
    Deserved win.

I thought the captain was brilliant in his post game interview as well 
  • Options

Hopefully, out for another photo later tonight.