Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

POST-MATCH THREAD: Crewe Alexandra v Charlton Athletic | January 12, 2022

Comments

• Options
    We were really really poor, perhaps our worst performance of the season and only just got beat. Crewe are proper naff and won't be in League One next year.
  • Options
    edited January 2022
    Charlton TV backing the lino on this one. Personslly, we was robbed, just as we were stealing a point.
    Think Leko messed it up to be honest, what was he even doing there.
  • Options
    I don’t think I ought to write anything or I will banned. Oh bugger…….
  • Options
    Was offside. Leko being a lazy git. 
    That was piss poor and depressing. Honeymoon period well and truly over.
  • Options
    A barrel of dog shit all round.

Charlton - Crewe - Officials

Definitely a game to forget
  • Options
    vffvff
    edited January 2022
    What was Leko doing on the position on the goal line in the first place  ??? Doesn't appears to have a striker / centre forward instinct. He was much better on the wing. Burstow should start if Stockley or Washington not available.
  • Options
    Crap result which tops off a really crap day for me personally.

We're a bang average mid table L1 side and it doesn't look like changing for the foreseeable. Fed up. 
  • Options
    Horrible. We were poor. Very poor against another poor side. Regardless of the referree we would probably not have beaten any team in this terrible league tonight.bso weak all over the pitch. 
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    We were really really poor, perhaps our worst performance of the season and only just got beat. Crewe are proper naff and won't be in League One next year.
    This was terrible but Bolton was far worse
  • Options
    Leko actually scored -1 goals tonight. He didn’t even need to be there. Ffs.
  • Options
    Yes but now Brownie is not sounding as adamant after being probed by Scott.

Our Senior pros let us down today.

Well done Burstow. After numerous powderpuff attacks from Washington and Lee, you showed real guile with the header (from reading the play to execution).
  • Options
    I just can’t do this league any more

Getting done at Crewe away on a Tuesday it’s shit 

You better get used to it cos we aint going anywhere soon
  • Options
    It's hitting home in the studio how shit we are!
  • Options
    cabbles said:
    Shambles.  Not good enough.  Even adding 3 or 4 players to this squad next season won’t see us go up.  Forget the disallowed goal, clutching at straws

I fell out of love with the team last season, exactly the same this season.  Don’t want to sign Lee on a permanent, Gilbey isn’t good enough, many think he is, he’s got one goal this season.  DJ, CBT, Kirk, Morgan, are all canon fodder.  Washington, is that a man that’s going to get you the goals you need?  I actually quite like him, but I don’t see him being part of a promotion squad.  Leko, probably not consistent enough.  Purrington was someone we were saying we needed better or improving on, yet he’s a mainstay.  

Stockley comes back and adds a bit more weight to the attack, but again, going to need a lot better around him.

Pearce, re-signed as cover in the main, think he’s been ever present for a couple of months now.  I can’t see how anyone can put their rose tinted glasses on anymore.  Crewe are one of the worst teams in the division and they deserved the win tonight and we struggled against them. 

I’m fed up saying it, but massive clear out this summer.  Wipe the memory of these mediocre flannels from my mind and give me a fresh bunch of players to get excited about, because this lot are sorry excuse for a bunch of footballers. 
    Sums it up for me. 
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    I think this is where Jacko needs to earn his stripes as a manager , the bubble has now officially burst and needs to come up with a plan B. I think we need to start looking at formation that better utilities the flair players we have in the team.
  • Options
    Shambles of a performance, Jackson needs to get rid of this shitty formation, go back to 4-4-2 diamond. All our wingers are shit anyway. Not sure if he is avoiding playing the diamond because Bowyer used it or 4-3-3 because Atkins used it. But something needs to change.  The midfield is a joke with no one on the bench to challenge them. Gilbey anonymous again, Lee dancing round like a clown, giving the ball away at every given moment is just shocking. Cant believe how many actually want to sign him. DJ sack of shit yet again, CBT looks like the Tranmere case off he is.  

The whole club stinks yet again.

• Options
    Davo55 said:
    Robbed at the end by the final poor decision in a truly abject refereeing performance. But truth be told we didn’t deserve anything from that. Initially frustrated by Crewe, then bullied out of it, then outplayed. I don’t even think we can say they dragged us down to their level - we’re already there. That was a proper League Two Charlton performance in a proper League Two quality game. We were pitiful.
    How the hell Leko stayed on the pitch after that flurry of substitutions I just don’t know. He was shockingly bad both in his initial striking role and then as a wing back. I’ve never been a fan of his and I genuinely struggle to see the quality that others perceive. But he wasn’t alone tonight. Henderson, Famewo, Gilbey and Lee were all very poor. Arguably Mason Burstow is the only player to come out with any credit.
    Regardless of what we do in the transfer window the play offs must surely be beyond us now. There’s a lot of tough decisions that need to be taken and a lot of hard work to do to get us anywhere near ready to challenge next season.
    Davo, we wasn’t robbed in the slightest. I’m so disappointed to say that aswell.
  • Options
    This was terrible but Bolton was far worse
    Only the last 15 minutes. 
  • Options
    Crap….we thought we could just turn up and turn them over. Gutless
  • Options
    At least Morgan did well. I was fuming when he came on but he did ok. 
    Would you start him next game then?…………not a fucking chance for me!!!!