Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Charlton Only - January 2022 Transfer Rumours (Deadline Day p.97)

Comments

• Options
    RedRobin said:
    We are close to another according to Cawley 
    Lyle I hope
    Sandy Lyle is more in keeping with our budget. 
  • Options
    RedRobin said:
    Lyle I hope
    Possibly Tatun, now, that would be sweet.
  • Options
    RedRobin said:
    Lyle I hope
    More like Tate & Lyle bag of sugar
    A more subtle joke on this topic was posted earlier, I assume nobody noticed, and it probably wasn't funny either  :)
  • Options
    A dead lion with bees flying out of it sums up our season I guess.

• Options
    I am not in the know, but I am sure I heard that Tyreece John-Jules, has returned to Arsenal from Blackpool and is looking to be loaned out again
  • Options
    Swisdom said:
    I've watched a few highlights of him and seen all his goals this season.  He's pretty quick and has a knack of being in the right place at the right time.  Has often netted a tap in as a result of terrible defending but a few from range too.  Looks pretty strong and able to hold off a defender.  Scores with either foot too.

He takes their penalties but has missed 2 this season

From his heat map he doesn't venture much outside the centre of the pitch so not likely to drift about much

10th most shots in the National League and 7th most touches in the box reiterating that's where he does most of his work

Doesn't feature much in the passing rankings and has 1 assist to his name

It's a possibility his stats are good because the players around him create lots of chances and he converts them rather than individual brilliance and my question would be can he create something out of nothing if we are not able to get him service.  I'm not convinced and would need to watch his entire involvement in a match situation

Assuming this is about Tshimanga?

Yes, admittedly I have only seen one full 90 minutes of him this season. It’s not enough, granted.

However, he was very good for Chesterfield against a Chelsea side that had a team full of international players. He was lively, quick, skilful, strong. He cause them problems. The score might have been 5-1, but he got in behind numerous times, it was the quality of Chelsea’s defence that put the block in or forced him out wide that little too far.

Looks like a number of teams are interested in him including Hearts.

It was only a suggestion I made the other week initially as he impressed me. As did man of the match Lewis Hall.

It looks like he has impressed a number of clubs on top of his scoring record this season.

We miss someone who can regularly put the ball in the back of the net, easier said than done, but we do. Aneke, Stockley and Washington should all score around 15 goals each in a season, but we need that something extra alongside them. 
  • Options
    Gallagher and Lyle 

Used to have the odd chat with one of them (with the beard) and his wife when I frequented the Oak up Widmore Green, it was only after about 18 month - 2 years that someone pointed out who hw was.
  • Options
    Gribbo said:
    Gallagher and Lyle 

Used to have the odd chat with one of them (with the beard) and his wife when I frequented the Oak up Widmore Green, it was only after about 18 month - 2 years that someone pointed out who he was.
     Couldn’t have been one of your regulars at your shop in Grove Park then mate 😉.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    RedChaser said:
    Gribbo said:
    Gallagher and Lyle 

Used to have the odd chat with one of them (with the beard) and his wife when I frequented the Oak up Widmore Green, it was only after about 18 month - 2 years that someone pointed out who he was.
    Frank Maloney was 
  • Options
    edited January 2022
    Gribbo said:
    RedChaser said:
    Gribbo said:
    Gallagher and Lyle 

Frank Maloney was 
    Not going there mate don’t trust myself 🤐
  • Options
    edited January 2022
    Is the Spurs youngster Harvey White?He spent time with Pompey last season. 
  • Options
    Am I missing something? Didn’t someone tell us who it is a few pages ago?
  • Options
    Hopefully it's Harry Kane or his brother Michael 
  • Options
    edited January 2022
    Spurs' U23 team played today, John and Lavinier both missing which is surprising, and seen it mentioned elsewhere by a Spurs fan who is close to their youth teams that he reckons its because a loan is imminent for both, not sure which one is heading our way (there was a link with John mentioned earlier in the thread)
  • Options
    Lavanier is an attacking right back, if Jacko is fed up with either playing wingers or Matthews as right wing back, maybe that could be an option

I'd rather he just tried Clare there or changed the formation since both right and left wing backs are integral to it and we have no one in the squad capable of playing the role he wants well. Need a Maatsen type player on both sides ideally and I'd say the left is in more need of cover.
  • Options
    edited January 2022
    Gribbo said:
    Gallagher and Lyle 

Used to have the odd chat with one of them (with the beard) and his wife when I frequented the Oak up Widmore Green, it was only after about 18 month - 2 years that someone pointed out who hw was.
    That would be Graham Lyle…..who made gazillions from “What’s love got to do with it.” Which he wrote for Tina Turner.
    A very modest and laid back individual from Scotland.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Jac_52 said:
    Lavanier is an attacking right back, if Jacko is fed up with either playing wingers or Matthews as right wing back, maybe that could be an option

I'd rather he just tried Clare there or changed the formation since both right and left wing backs are integral to it and we have no one in the squad capable of playing the role he wants well. Need a Maatsen type player on both sides ideally and I'd say the left is in more need of cover.
    This.

Utterly pointless bringing in a loan player for less than 20 games. Season's over & we should be looking towards next season instead of giving game time to a Premiership team's player who wont be here next season. 
    I do agree with your point in that we should be looking towards next year now, and signing 2 wing backs for the future if he's going to persist with this formation but..........on the flip side of that i also feel if he did play Clare there and he performed badly you'd be the first one on here moaning, "why didn't we at least make a loan signing"
  • Options
    Jac_52 said:

This.

Utterly pointless bringing in a loan player for less than 20 games. Season's over & we should be looking towards next season instead of giving game time to a Premiership team's player who wont be here next season. 
    Season isn't over until we are mathematically safe from relegation. I don't think we will go down but I really hope they don't down tools and look to far ahead just yet.
  • Options
    edited January 2022
    Jac_52 said:

This.

Season isn't over until we are mathematically safe from relegation. I don't think we will go down but I really hope they don't down tools and look to far ahead just yet.
    Hasn’t Jacko got a performance based contract? So needs to win games now to get a renewal? If so then you could understand the loan signings, regardless of whether they’ll be here next year….which could be a downside to the manager’s contract. 
  • Options
    edited January 2022
    Jac_52 said:

I thought we looked better when JJ started his reign by using one attacking wing back, and one more defensively minded one. DJ and Purrington wasn’t it? We looked much more solid defensively back then. 
  • Options
    RedRobin said:
    Lyle I hope
    Would be funny just to see the meltdown on here!
  • Options
    JamesSeed said:
    Jac_52 said:

I thought we looked better when JJ started his reign by using one attacking wing back, and one more defensively minded one. DJ and Purrington wasn’t it? We looked much more solid defensively back then. 
    It was Leko and Purrington to begin with.
  • Options
    Jac_52 said:

This.

Lot of points to play for .. 5/6 straight wins and top 6 will be in sight again 
    You are deluded my friend. 
    Even he doesn't believe the crap he comes out with.
    He's just a Wum. 
  • Options
    Valley11 said:
    Jac_52 said:

This.

Hasn’t Jacko got a performance based contract? So needs to win games now to get a renewal? If so then you could understand the loan signings, regardless of whether they’ll be here next year….which could be a downside to the manager’s contract. 
    Fully agree. We need extra players no doubt so didnt understand the not having to worry about players now when we need to consolidate our league standing to prepare for next year.