Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Charlton Only - January 2022 Transfer Rumours (Deadline Day p.97)

1112113114115116118»

Comments

• Options
    Cafc43v3r said:
    I think Louie Barry maybe an addick next season, how ever the manager is....
    Definitely a possibility, depending on how much Garner actually rates him, as he struggled in his loan spell at Ipswich
  • Options
    Cafc43v3r said:
    I think Louie Barry maybe an addick next season, how ever the manager is....
    Definitely a possibility, depending on how much Garner actually rates him, as he struggled in his loan spell at Ipswich
    Or how much Beale rates him :wink: 
  • Options
    edited May 2022
    NOT a rumour .. a wish .. he's just been let go by the Millers .. he's a VERY skilful player who also scores goals .. Freddie Ladapo - Wikipedia

EDIT .. oooh sorry, he played one game for Palace .. I guess that makes him untouchable for a lot of 'us'
  • Options
    Charlton are keen on a deal for Swindon midfielder Jack Payne who is out of contract this summer 
  • Options
    edited May 2022
    Cafc43v3r said:
    I think Louie Barry maybe an addick next season, who ever the manager is....

Probably more chance if/when Ben Garner is confirmed. 6 in 14 for Swindon after the Ipswich move didn't work out as they had so many forwards that the two players who I thought would do well Pigott and Barry didn't get the game time. 

Louie Barry is still only 18 and can play wide and down the middle. A Grant and Taylor type forward but only time will tell if he can emulate Grant and at times Taylor.

The big question is do we sign 18 year olds forwards  if we have Kanu etc.  Who I noticed also goes  wide and then drifts into the box.

That is a rhetorical question as only if they are better than we have in our U21/23.

And the transaction from academy player to Men's football isn't an exact science.
    Kanu looked like he had a growth spurt to me from a year previous ?

• Options
    There's no denying Barry is probably a better talent than Kanu, given he was at Barcelona and has been prolific for all the England schoolboy age groups, but i'd much rather we signed a more experienced striker and then gave occasional minutes to Kanu, rather than helping to progress another clubs striker.
  • Options
    There's no denying Barry is probably a better talent than Kanu, given he was at Barcelona and has been prolific for all the England schoolboy age groups, but i'd much rather we signed a more experienced striker and then gave occasional minutes to Kanu, rather than helping to progress another clubs striker.
    Not sure I agree. We've got the Aneke issue and so I do agree with the posts that say we need 5 strikers. Under a squad cap, it would be a bit daft to have 5 strikers who count, so having Aneke, Stockley, Barry and 2 others would make a lot sense. 

Having said that, if Garner is our manager I think we'll only sign one striker because we'll be playing 433. Barry could be useful as a 4th choice winger/4th choice striker though. 
  • Options
    Louis Barry would be an interesting one , someone that obviously has talent from his background but never really worked for him at Ipswich. Don't think he'd be loaned to us to be a 4th choice , there would probably need to be some guarantee of game time. 
  • Options
    What we should have done is phoned Villa and said look, give us Barry, pay his wages and we won't make an approach for Beale. Probably too late now. 
  • Options
    This is the January Transfer window thread.

Best start a new one.....or better still post on the thread for summer transfers.